• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata wants simultaneous worldwide release for Final Fantasy XV

Spineker

Banned
Yes please. Give it to the world and Final Fantasy will dominate the gaming landscape for a considerable amount of time.

This makes complete sense, and is smart, I was thinking they were always gonna do this due to the long wait time. If the story is done, then it's doable. I bet if anything all of the japanese voice acting is complete, so now they are dubbing it or have already completed it. This really isn't that surprising,

Pokemon x and y did it!!!

wmlk

This makes complete sense, and is smart, I was thinking they were always gonna do this due to the long wait time. If the story is done, then it's doable. I bet if anything all of the japanese voice acting is complete, so now they are dubbing it or have already completed it. This really isn't that surprising,

Pokemon x and y did it!!!

Pokémon is huge, but a mainline FF that reinvents everything is likely even bigger.

Pokémon also doesn't have to worry about recording VA, syncing it, redoing mouth animations, legalities with the vocal theme, etc. and all the troubles that come with that.

Ni no Kuni is the biggest localization ever done for a JRPG probably, and that localization took ages but was also probably the best I've ever seen.

Okay, so maybe there's a lot more work involved, but I think they can pull it off :)

Imagine if the localization was going on in-house, alongside the development, sounds insane, but maybe they are doing it, they seem to have plenty of translators hanging around.

Plus the language in-game -world already seems to be english via signage and car plates, unless they plan on making that multi language. So all they really have to worry about is menus, and what you mentioned.

Top Bottom