• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figure I would start as the first official review (that I know of) has been published. Will update as more come in.

JeuxVideo: 15/20

Conduit's translation said:
Gameplay :
Very simple but efficient action scenes, a large amount of QTE and some poor sneaking levels.

Graphics :
Top notch textures, mind blowing effects and no transition between game and cinematics. Awesome.

Sound :
Really good ambiant score, good dialogs, and good feedback from the weapons.

Duration :
Almost 7 hours, without running, which is a bit short (knowing that cinematics is half the duration..).

Global :
A lovely object, between a movie and a game. Some can considers it half-win or half-fail, it is the way you love Videogames that will be decisive.
http://www.jeuxvideomagazine.com/

NotLiquid

This ought to be interesting. Game looks completely ace visually but I wonder how the worries about the game play and length will reflect on reviews.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Welp, I'm not cancelling my pre-order since I need the game to buy Bloodborne but I guess I'm still interested in the reviews.
Remember guys, don't get banned.

Floridian

4970_c9de.gif

due to a lot of cut scenes (although interactive at some point with QTE)representing half of the game

This is why I'm concerned about the length. A 5-7 hour game is fine, but not when half of that is taken up by cutscenes.

This is why I'm concerned about the length. A 5-7 hour game is fine, but not when half of that is taken up by cutscenes.

On one hand, if you look online at the "movies" people make where they just take all the scripted sequences and cut scenes of a game and edit them together, many of them are 2-3 hours long.

That being said, most of those games are 7-10 hour games.

Nibel

Is Jeuxvideo so huge that they get away with this?

I think they did this a few times now and it's rather shady.

I wonder if reviewers opinions and scores are going to be swayed one way or another based on the controversy this game has generated? In other words, will they up/lower the score based on how they think other people are viewing the game instead of themselves?

And it begins. There was a 60+ page thread just about the length of this game. A standard third person shooter. This won't end well.

Where the bunkers at?

It feels like the past three months of GAF have been building up to this thread.

Metacritic average around 70, at least one big outlet gives a score under 6.0.

Phazon

Is Jeuxvideo so huge that they get away with this?

I think they did this a few times now and it's rather shady.

It's just that print media has different embargo dates.

Nintendo always has that too in my experience. Print is always a couple of days before online media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom