• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

2015-02-1721_31_09-anx8k99.png

B9wQUynIAAEDJFJ.png

I'm mostly in this thread to see when the comments get crazy. Don't disappoint me, people who haven't played the game and yet feel the game is entitled to a certain score that validates their confirmation bias.
someone needs to get mama robotnik to deputize a gaffer for the upcoming wall of shame.

Despera

Banned
a large amount of QTE and some poor sneaking levels.
Combined with the fact ~3.5 hrs of the 7 hrs it took them to finish the game without running are cinematics...

I dunno, but the game sounds like an orgy of a lot of shitty modern game design philosophies.

Yeah but it's only 11 minutes of qte's in the game (lol).

I can deal with QTE's. I'm not by any means a fan of them though. They're just kind of there. Now, if I lose even remotely some progress for messing up random QTE's, that's what annoys the shit out of me.

LuuKyK

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

I can sense some people just waiting for the reviews to drop. Nope, staying far away from this thread until I finish the game myself.

I-hate-u

Honest question folks, if Uncharted released today, how do you think the critics would have received it?

Its 88 on metacritic.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just can't get over the fact that there's so little content to beat it. 7 hours with cinematics is pretty brutal. It doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it does mean that it's the type of game that people are best to wait until i'ts on sale for $19.99 in 5 months.

It's actually right around 2 hours.

So, 7-8 hours, with 2 hours of cinematics. So 25-29% of the game is cinematics. If we go with the 8 hour gameplay, then this game is phenomenal as it got a 75, which clearly covers the 75% of the game that is gameplay.

Seriously though, means the game is 5-6 hours long. With little to no replayability unless finding collectibles counts. *sigh*

sn00zer

I get the feeling IM going to like this one...seems like a big budget Journey at the very least...will hopefully pick up with PS4 purchase

The whole thing of analyzing how much of the game is cutscenes and QTEs has been quite ridiculous to say the least, I've never seen it done for other games, and how do you even quantify what QTEs are?

Don't think it will review all that well, but I hope the game still sells well enough to justify the sequel. I believe it will easily happen, but that is my hope.

They look like they built a solid foundation, but probably need to really open up the world a little in the sequel

Raonak

Banned
Buying day 1 regardless of reviews, I havent had a good cinematic game to play through since TLOU, so definitely keen on this one.

This thread will be a graveyard though.

nib95

Banned
So 11 minutes of QTEs is a large amount?

It's quite hilarious that the total amount adds up to such a small number, given the many months of QTE fest commentary by so many internet wide. But to be fair, there were actually barely any QTE's in the two demo's they showed us either. The complaints about the gameplay being so QTE focused were always a bit misguided and disingenuous imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom