• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I updated the OP to the translation someone provided in the other thread.

Conduit's translation said:
Gameplay :
Very simple but efficient action scenes, a large amount of QTE and some poor sneaking levels.

Graphics :
Top notch textures, mind blowing effects and no transition between game and cinematics. Awesome.

Sound :
Really good ambiant score, good dialogs, and good feedback from the weapons.

Duration :
Almost 7 hours, without running, which is a bit short (knowing that cinematics is half the duration..).

Global :
A lovely object, between a movie and a game. Some can considers it half-win or half-fail, it is the way you love Videogames that will be decisive.

Seventy70

Are you ready to play!?!?!!
7kPEPQ1.jpg

(Not my pic)

Freeman

Banned
We went over the rules, lets keep it clean,protect yourself at all times.

Touch gloves now if you want.

Back to your corners.

They said that despite the pacing of the game not so good due to a lot of cut scenes (although interactive at some point with QTE)representing half of the game that last for them 7-8 hours on easy mode

Damn it. So we are looking at 3-4 hours of actual game time. Well, I am feeling ripped off here. I already preordered digitally so damage is done, but shit, that is ridiculous. If it was 7-8 hours + QTEs and cutscenes, that is one thing. Reading that 7-8 hours is all inclusive AND half that time is just watching cinemas, that's just really, really disappointing.

Dsyndrome

I can't believe how divisive this game has become. I don't think Ryse and Knack launch comparisons got this bad. Can't wait to get the game on Friday, will be fun to talk about the game with my brothers.

Game may come in at a 75. Expect a lot of the larger sites to end up around 75-80 and a lot of the "fluffers" coming up in the high 90s.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Obligatory
qmcvmj.gif

Thursday will be a bloodbath depending on the reviews.

Oh and
urJXmtU.gif

So we are gonna discuss this review for 2 more days. Expecting a meta score of ~70, "no nex jun gaemplai, does nothing new" complaints.

SerTapTap

im expecting avg 80s
Predict 82meta

Low score and before embargo from jeuxvideo, probably for hits.

75% is like the most boring, least hit-worthy score they could give it. If they wanted pure internet furor they would need to rate it a 9 or above or a 5 or below. Almost everything gets a few 75s these days

sinnergy

Metroid Zero mission could be finished in about 3 hours, was srtill a great game, it's the feeling that you have left when you are finished that matters...

I know everyone is polarized by this title. But do yourself a favor and find a way to see some of this in person on a good entertainment settup, it's a real sight to behold. At the very least it can give you a general excitement and possibility for this generation going forward in terms of visuals.

My favorite area
beginning of White Chapel, after you arrive with your team, go back behind the carriage. It's really subtle and beautiful and the lighting is on point.

I'm mostly in this thread to see when the comments get crazy. Don't disappoint me, people who haven't played the game and yet feel the game is entitled to a certain score that validates their confirmation bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom