• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late Flag

Too high or too low?

Too high is my guess. If The Order is really a 7-8 hour game with a couple of those hours being cutscenes, it'll get dinged by reviewers enough to push it into the mid-to-low 70s.

I'm almost certainly buying it regardless, but not until after I've cleared out my backlog and finished Bloodborne. By that time it should be discounted enough that I'm not going to be worried about length or replayability.

Because it opens a massive Pandora's Box of bullshit. Especially for a game as loaded as The Order. You'd be giving equal value to impartial media outlets, and people who are actually buying the game on day one.

I'd support a separate User Reviews thread, though
I guess that's kinda what the OT does, but it'd be interesting to have some User Review threads where you're only allowed to respond with an actual review (versus one or two lines).

I can't guess at how well The Order will do, but I will say that if it does poorly and this type of gameplay doesn't click with people anymore, I'd be really worried about the next Gears of War.

bert-and-ernie-reactigaj7l.gif

I ... how ... what the ... SMH

You ... you think that ... you think that Gears of War

Gears Of War

... is going to be negatively impacted by a poor response to ... The Order?

You know what I'm beginning to think patcher might be right and this game might sell gangbusters because everytime I go on the internet it's order this order that
anyways can't wait till Friday

Unless it goes massive in Europe or gets huge critical acclaim, 5 million year 1 is impossible. Pachter is crazy.

Micerider

For the record : Jeuxvideos Magazine is a utterly terrible magazine in general. They had some ok reviews here and there though but they are really poor in general. That could mean anything for this review but I would certainly not take them as a reference, either for good or bad reviews.

I fully expect more commandable outlets to review it with lower scores though.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I can't guess at how well The Order will do, but I will say that if it does poorly and this type of gameplay doesn't click with people anymore, I'd be really worried about the next Gears of War.

Kiiiiinda hoping this is uber subtle sarcasm. I don't know you well enough to know.

For the record : Jeuxvideos Magazine is a utterly terrible magazine in general. They had some ok reviews here and there though but they are really poor in general. That could mean anything for this review but I would certainly not take them as a reference, either for good or bad reviews.

I fully expect more commandable outlets to review it with lower scores though.

Ithasbegun.gif

Rixxan

it's a mistake to allow review threads prior to embargo drop, imho

no offense to the op, i certainly understand the initiative

but its a mess

it's a mistake to allow review threads prior to embargo drop, imho

no offense to the op, i certainly understand the initiative

but its a mess

Did we have a thread close for a bit last year due to a similar situation?

Though as others have said, the mess is inevitable. Just the nature of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom