• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 Month Later, Halo: MCC is still broken

The OT has almost completely died as well.

The game will probably never function properly as the Population is most likely dried up (and will be in 2015).

343 fucked up.

Yeah, this really sucks. If I don't really enjoy the Halo 5 beta I might just sell my Xbone since I literally bought it for Halo... sucks since I bought a year of Gold right before MCC...

EDIT: When you get a refund for the digital version of MCC do they give you $60 of credit on your Xbox Live account or do they give you a real refund? If I sell my Xbone and they only give you credit I guess it would be worthless to get a refund...

I bought a console for this game, then never picked it up because of how shitty the impressions were

Shame, I was super excited. 343i fucked up BIG time

Drencrom

I can't believe MS let this happen to their flagship series...

They're probably regretting releasing the game in this state and damaging the series reputation, what a farce.

FX-GMC

Every match I've played has been pretty balanced and I can get into a BTB in under 60 seconds. I've had very few problems.

Again, the success rate seems to be wildly different from person to person.

Since the last patch I have also had an easy time getting into games.

The only consistent issue I'm having now is keeping groups together after the game. (currently we have to back out to the main menu and rejoin the group in halo).

Bebpo

Banned
To be honest, I'm still gonna cut them some slack. Dealing with four entirely huge games both sp and mp is just an incredibly big task.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, this really sucks. If I don't really enjoy the Halo 5 beta I might just sell my Xbone since I literally bought it for Halo... sucks since I bought a year of Gold right before MCC...

you never know. driveclub seems to have been revived a bit as of late. people going ga ga over weather patch and buying off of that alone

maybe if they release a free version of HL2A MP to XBLG subscribers ;)

I bought a console for this game, then never picked it up because of how shitty the impressions were

Shame, I was super excited. 343i fucked up BIG time

Yeah. This is a huge lesson not just for 343, but for every developer looking to release a game. Don't sound confident in your product if you haven't tested the heck out of it!

I have friends who have returned their Xbox due to this game. Really sad stuff, we were all really hoping to play it together.

I still own the game, but have just decided to unfortunately act like it doesn't exist, until they finally update it to the point where I can actually consistently join matches, don't get my campaign progress deleted.

I've just moved on to other games really. I hope in the coming months that this will get fixed, and I'll be able to have fun with it with my other friends who get X1's for Christmas. But until then, peace out Halo :/

Mononoke

Banned
Sorry to say that but then there is something wrong with your network connection.

Do other MP titles work for you?

I have great internet, OPEN NAT, and am hard wired. And while I could certainly get into some matches, I was getting into far less matches then other people. And no, I've never had any issues with other MP.

So I definitely think the experience is different for each person. But yeah, not getting into a single match ever...maybe it's on his end. But I can relate to him sort of. I don't think everyone has the same experience across the board. And honestly, regardless...this is just not acceptable at this point.

while I agree it is still broken for a lot of people, its not broken for me. I've logged around 200 matches (according to waypoint) 90% with a party.

RdN

Don't forget that the much promised DEDICATED SERVERS are nowhere to be found, resulting in very bad lag problems, specially with Halo CE and Halo 3.

Ade

Biggest disappointment of the gen so far.

Game nuked my SP progress several times, managed one MP match in a month and Nightfall is dreadful.

Cant get a refund as its digital and Xbox Support keep refusing.

USC-fan

Banned
Just crazy its still not fixed.

Its funny the game I thought would just crash servers was Destiny. Yet it launch went fine.

NickFire

This game rated rather well in reviews. Maybe most of the people playing it just have really bad internet connections compared to the reviewers. /s

see5harp

I got into games over the weekend. I swear some of the people playing Halo never stopped. I played one game of Halo 3 and I swear I've never been dominated so quickly in a match. I was dying so fast it was like I was playing COD.

Have they still not fixed the H2A single player save bug? I'm about to finish H1A SP on legendary and want to go straight into Halo 2.

Mononoke

Banned
Biggest disappointment of the gen so far.

Game nuked my SP progress several times, managed one MP match in a month and Nightfall is dreadful.

Cant get a refund as its digital and Xbox Support keep refusing.

Ouch. Didn't know this had SP problems too. Holy hell. This is almost worse than DriveClub then. I mean, DriveClub worked offline. I played it for 30 + hours. The online was not up. At all. So I guess maybe some will say Halo is not as bad since you COULD get into a match (eventually).

But I just look at the overall problems this game has, and damn. I dunno. :(

DarkJC

I just think back to that thread the guy made where he posted his experience getting a refund for the MCC, and got a bunch of responses insulting him, saying things like: "It will be fixed in a few days, why on earth would you get a refund?" and "Why get a refund if you're just going to buy it again in a few days when it's fixed?" etc etc.

This just highlights that these days, games with systemic issues aren't fixed in a few days, and its becoming more and more common. SimCity and BF4 last year, and now MCC, AC: Unity, DriveClub this year.

Definitely a worrying trend.

I love Halo, Always will. MCC was going to get me back into an Xbox and playing again, what an utter disaster this has been. Ok maybe Halo 5 will change my mind. *watches videos from beta.

welp. do not want.

Halo_reach_salute_by_purpledragon104-d3icsxu.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a refund on my digital copy. The phone call took ten minutes at the most. It's not too late, folks!

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
don't return your games guys :/ give it time, i know! its going to work stay strong :(
i'm not giving up on 343i.

Mononoke

Banned
Tried for a refund last week, support said they couldn't due to some fucked up rules from 343. :(

Yeah this is bullshit. You could get a refund the first week it was out. Try contacting Customer Support via chat on their website. Will take 30 min or so. But they can refund you. Plenty of people on GAF have done so. The person that told you they can't are full of shit and are just giving you the run around.

whats pissing me off more are the campaign glitches because i wanted to play them all again. checkpoints not saving, black screen, ai glitches etc.

the multiplayer is a complete joke, only played 2 flawless games thus far, had the game freeze on me, backed out to lobby after literally playing for 30seconds it said 'game over', uneven teams, lag etc.

see5harp

Ouch. Didn't know this had SP problems too. Holy hell. This is almost worse than DriveClub then. I mean, DriveClub worked offline. I played it for 30 + hours. The online was not up. At all. So I guess maybe some will say Halo is not as bad since you COULD get into a match (eventually).

But I just look at the overall problems this game has, and damn. I dunno. :(

I could and have played Halo campaign without issue both offline and online. It was the matchmaking that was borked.

fantomena

Frankie from 343 said this isn't true and that you should continue to demand a refund if you want one.

Yeah this is bullshit. You could get a refund the first week it was out. Try contacting Customer Support via chat on their website. Will take 30 min or so. But they can refund you. Plenty of people on GAF have done so. The person that told you they can't are full of shit and are just giving you the run around.

Im actually trying right now (Im chatting with support, might link to this thread if needed).

I think the weirdest thing is that the problems are not consistent. You got people who have trouble with SP, people who have trouble with MP, people who have trouble with non.etc For me, I'm just having trouble with MP but the rest is smooth sailing so thank god for that.

Mononoke

Banned
I could and have played Halo campaign without issue both offline and online. It was the matchmaking that was borked.

Yeah but some are saying their saves are getting nuked. And that's not cool. Nothing like that happened in DC.

I guess it's dumb trying to compare things. They both suck. I own both consoles, and were let down by both. *shrugs*

Disaster either way.

I know those feels OP. I craigslist'd my sealed copy from a Black Friday bunderu because I got tired of waiting for them to fix it all the way. Hopefully it's fixed, and when it is, it'll be cheaper than the $45 I sold it for.

Top Bottom