• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Dude's been overrated on D since he started going for chasedown blocks and had that one showing against a nowhere near 100% Rose.
Yep. His reputation precedes him. When he shows effort he has the physical tools to be great, but he's not consistent.

Like that huge tip slam by Kawhi last night. Bron completely fell asleep and lost track of him cutting into the lane.

fertygo

Lebron is fantastic defender because his athleticism make him able to covering a lot of ground in just 1-3 step, he also can switch to any position.. He no overrated at all, his impact is unreal.

Same as Wade, the whole Miami's defense built around that, their freakish aggression that can doing trapping and closing with so fast. so its no wonder the defense loosing up depending how Wade feeling in that night, its only Lebron that anchoring the physical demanding team defense, despite that though, Lebron is nearing 30 year old now.. I think he also reserving some of his defense aggression for playing in both end.

Fjordson

Same as Wade, the whole Miami's defense built around that, their freakish aggression that can doing trapping and closing with so fast.
That's their downfall, though. They're way too aggressive. Too many traps, too much help. Coach Nick's breakdowns for the series have shown it to be a big reason as to why the Spurs can destroy them on offense. They're constantly out of position and simple sets from SA get them into trouble.

Game 3 breakdown: http://youtu.be/-8U5bwe9TS0
Game 4 breakdown: http://youtu.be/Otwnb-gQGRg

Spoelstra needs to adjust their defensive philosophy. Just makes no sense at this point.

Cloudy

Banned
That's their downfall, though. They're way too aggressive. Too many traps, too much help. Coach Nick's breakdowns for the series have shown it to be a big reason as to why the Spurs can destroy them on offense. They're constantly out of position and simple sets from SA get them into trouble.

That trapping style stuff works on weak ball-handling teams or teams with few offensive options. It just makes you look stupid vs a team like the Spurs

Fjordson

That trapping style stuff works on weak ball-handling teams or teams with few offensive options. It just makes you look stupid vs a team like the Spurs
Yeah, it's hard to describe how wide the gulf is between a guy like George Hill and Tony Parker. Or even Manu. And then SA has bigger guys who can pass and handle like Diaw.

fertygo

Game 3 breakdown: http://youtu.be/-8U5bwe9TS0
Game 4 breakdown: http://youtu.be/Otwnb-gQGRg

Spoelstra needs to adjust their defensive philosophy. Just makes no sense at this point.

I think they just don't have a leg for it anymore, its the same scheme but everything just half-one step slower, they barely win last year.. they not gonna win with worse defense.

And adjusting defense may come with another consequence, they just don't built for that.. switching to more traditional defense with playing Haslem/Andersen more may risk the team offense, and not necessarily have impact at all.

TBH no matter what Heat want to do though, its pretty much depending to Wade capable to bring effort to the defense though, maybe they need to juicing him up again.

Fjordson

I guess it is probably too late at this point for them to change their philosophy, but I can't see them winning three in a row by staying the course.

Cloudy

Banned
LeBatard show was so funny today

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dan-lebatard-show-stugotz/id301023639?mt=2

Note: Each show has 3 parts to DL

For anyone not familiar with this, it's the best sports radio show by far. They are based out of Miami and are huge Heat backers

edit: OMG my head hurts from laughing. Their producer (Mike) has an alter ego of "Matthew McConaughHeat" where he's always chill anytime the Heat run into adversity. Today he was Rust Cole with no hope saying lines from True Detective with Heat/Spurs stuff mixed in. Just hilarious

Fjordson

LeBatard's show is good? Despite being a Heat homer? I find him pretty obnoxious whenever he's on TV, even when he used to guest host PTI, but I've never listened to his show.

Cloudy

Banned
LeBatard's show is good? Despite being a Heat homer? I find him pretty obnoxious whenever he's on TV, even when he used to guest host PTI, but I've never listened to his show.

I was a LeBatard hater (mostly due to him supporting Shaq and bashing Kobe back in the day) until I stumbled upon their radio show a few years back. There is nothing in sports radio like it. Smart and insanely funny.

I promise you, it'll be your favorite sports show if you listen for one week

PBY

Banned
I was a LeBatard hater (mostly due to him supporting Shaq and bashing Kobe back in the day) until I stumbled upon their radio show a few years back. There is nothing in sports radio like it. Smart and insanely funny.

Yup. It's important to note- he's a heat fan, but not a homer. He's very rational, loves facts based discussion, and is also super funny.

Fjordson

Damn, I will check it out then for sure.

The only one I listen to regularly right now is Tony Kornheiser's show. It's not super in depth these days, but Tony is still super entertaining and he gets great guests.

edit: and I guess Mike Francesca's CBS radio show for the interviews.

For anyone not familiar with this, it's the best sports radio show by far. They are based out of Miami and are huge Heat backers

edit: OMG my head hurts from laughing. Their producer (Mike) has an alter ego of "Matthew McConaughHeat" where he's always chill anytime the Heat run into adversity. Today he was Rust Cole with no hope saying lines from True Detective with Heat/Spurs stuff mixed in. Just hilarious

listening. already good and I'm only 5 minutes in.

Anywhere I can download without itunes?

zychi

Banned

is there a youtube link anywhere of the rust part? i'd love to share that with my buddy who blows Lebron as the best ever.

Espi

Banned
Anyone who calls the Spurs boring hates basketball. They have one of the most exciting offenses I've ever seen.

anyone who calls the 5pur5 boring still lives in the 2000s. that's when they were actually boring and Manu was throwing himself everywhere trying to draw fouls.

Black Mamba is still in denial about Monta.

Denial about what? I was vindicated. Check out his horrible on/off numbers and win shares per 48. I was completely right.

Also check of his on off numbers in the spurs series. Basically mavs won whenever Ellis was on the bench and got blown out when he played. And his ws/48 was Derek fisher bad.

Cloudy

Banned
Le Batard show is the best sports radio there is. It's the only sports related thing I listen to daily. It's smart and super dumb all at once. Though it'd be the perfect show if they ditched Stugotz for Bomani.

I wouldn't say "dumb". It just makes a mockery of how serious we take all sports. I feel Stu, Dan and Mike have great chemistry so I like those 3 together. Bomani is good too but I dunno about him replacing Stu. I'm okay with him being on once a week..

I wouldn't say "dumb". It just makes a mockery of how serious we take all sports. I feel Stu, Dan and Mike have great chemistry so I like those 3 together. Bomani is good too but I dunno about him replacing Stu. I'm okay with him being on once a week..

I find Stu almost entirely insufferable but he's there basically for that reason. I don't mean dumb in a bad way, like Dan always says they're just trying to bring people in the circus tent to have the actual discussions. I listen daily and it's the only thing that actually makes me lol for the past 8 years or so.

Fjordson

I just got to the Rust part. Lmfao I'm dying. Sounds pretty spot on in parts. "I've got this dream, I'm in a locked room. And like most dreams, there's a monster at the end of it. And that monster's name is Kawhi."

Branduil

Denial about what? I was vindicated. Check out his horrible on/off numbers and win shares per 48. I was completely right.

Also check of his on off numbers in the spurs series. Basically mavs won whenever Ellis was on the bench and got blown out when he played. And his ws/48 was Derek fisher bad.

This is konex-level analysis, LOL.

If anything the Mavs are gonna go for Luol Deng to shore up defense for next season. Dirk has already stated numerous times in local sports stations during interviews that he will re sign for a discount. So has Marion and Carter.

Deng would start for the aging Marion obviously at the 3 position. There were some local sports radio station rumors that maybe they would try to get a trade to get Tyson Chandler back if Carmello left, it could possibly happen but I'm very doubtful.

edit: I still think the Mavs need a better PG, Calderon would be a great back up but Monta was running the offense too much when Jose was resting during the season. They also gotta give Dirk better rest minutes during the season if they want him to be effective in the playoffs anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom