• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels a lot like the Heat series vs the Mavericks in '11. Mainly because everyone kept expecting during that series for the Heat to just suddenly play 100x better then they had been playing. For Lebron to " just take over " and all that jazz. Just wasn't happening. Lebron is being played very well, and well .. he isn't getting much in terms of help. Mainly because San Antonio is such a strong defensive team. Noone is able to get easy shots.

I think the series ends tomorrow. Really the only way for Miami to win this series is if a new Heat team shows up. This current heat team just can't hang with SA.

The only team to be able to hang with SA this entire playoff run has been the Mavericks amazingly. That was a real fun series to watch.

Really this entire playoff season has been marred by one team showing up on any given night and the other team not matching the intensity. Tons of blowouts.

neptunes

This feels a lot like the Heat series vs the Mavericks in '11. Mainly because everyone kept expecting during that series for the Heat to just suddenly play 100x better then they had been playing. For Lebron to " just take over " and all that jazz. Just wasn't happening. Lebron is being played very well, and well .. he isn't getting much in terms of help. Mainly because San Antonio is such a strong defensive team. Noone is able to get easy shots.

I think the series ends tomorrow. Really the only way for Miami to win this series is if a new Heat team shows up. This current heat team just can't hang with SA.

The only team to be able to hang with SA this entire playoff run has been the Mavericks amazingly. That was a real fun series to watch.

Really this entire playoff season has been marred by one team showing up on any given night and the other team not matching the intensity. Tons of blowouts.
Rick Carlisle vs POP

Student vs Teacher

I'm surprised that series went to 7 games, considering Dallas' roster

I predict LeBron will go for 35-40, 8 helpers and 9-12 boards.

5pur5 win but LeBron's empty stats will allow ESPN to continue that bullshit narrative that "LeBron can haz needs da helps".

Or the Heat could show some championship pride and gut out a win.

Cloudy

Banned
This feels a lot like the Heat series vs the Mavericks in '11.

More like Lakers/Pistons in 2004. Lakers lost gm1, snuck out a victory in gm 2 and got dominated the next 3 games even as people kept thinking they'd turn it around.

Only difference is we didn't have HCA and never got it back to LA. In fact, that was the only time the lower-seeded team won all 3 in the 2-3-2 format

That series is so painful cos the refs let the Pistons get away with murder because of their defensive reputation. At least in 2008, the Celtics were the better team...

San Antonio takes the series of course, I just think Game 5 is Miami's based on my gut (and Skip's gut). All of us here have been watching bball for decades. This is one of those gut feelings where it doesn't make sense but you just know it'll happen. It has all the makings of a classic trap game. All the evidence and logic point to the Spurs closing it out but then it doesn't happen.

I hope I'm wrong. I want Miami to get completely embarrassed.

overcast

That game three effort might really have been Leonard's "leap" game.
I thought he had a huge game in the finals last year?

Anyway, Leonard is playing some ridiculous basketball lately. Interested to see how he grows in the Spurs system. Such a great enviorment for a young player.

TRios Zen

Ran into Udonis at Best Buy today, and he was very gracious with the folks that asked for pics, seemed really genuine too.

I have no hate for this heat team, though as a lifelong Spurs fan I of course hope they lose tomorrow.

If LeBron has a beast game tomorrow then its anyone's game, he's that good. I don't expect Spurs to not play well tomorrow though, they've been working towards this for a year now.

Dumb Ass prediction? Close game, spurs eak out a win because of kawhi stellar game.

Cloudy

Banned
If LeBron has a beast game tomorrow then its anyone's game, he's that good

LeBron is averaging like 27ppg on 60% shooting in the series and they are a few missed fts from being swept. It's not about his production..especially if he's going to let Kawhii put up similar numbers...

Squalor

I thought he had a huge game in the finals last year?

Anyway, Leonard is playing some ridiculous basketball lately. Interested to see how he grows in the Spurs system. Such a great enviorment for a young player.
It doesn't count until you consistently play great afterward.

Leonard has been good this season, but not this level of great as of games three and four.

Cloudy

Banned
San Antonio takes the series of course, I just think Game 5 is Miami's based on my gut (and Skip's gut). All of us here have been watching bball for decades. This is one of those gut feelings where it doesn't make sense but you just know it'll happen. It has all the makings of a classic trap game. All the evidence and logic point to the Spurs closing it out but then it doesn't happen.

I just can't see this Heat team losing 3 straight in a series. Then again, I also can't see this Spurs team letting them off the mat after last year...

TRios Zen

LeBron is averaging like 27ppg on 60% shooting in the series and they are a few missed fts from being swept. It's not about his production..especially if he's going to let Kawhii put up similar numbers...

True enough, but I think Bosh and Wade have decent games tomorrow. All three played well in Game 2, and while the Spurs did lose, it was a close game. That's what I expect this game to be, total team effort from both teams, with the Spurs pulling it out, but it starts and ends with LeBron. If he doesn't have a great game, it would take a strange collection of circumstances for the Heat to have a chance.

Squalor

I predicted San Antonio would win game four, but I said it would be close.

I have no clue what to predict from five. My head keeps telling me San Antonio just isn't going to let Miami off the hook.

I just can't imagine Miami would go out with another blowout, though. They have to muster something.

Jon Armdog

Brandy! Finally another Mavs fan here. Dunno if JoeFu still post or not.. We going for Melo this year or what?

Another Mavs fan right here, lurking.

I wouldn't mind Melo at all - Carlisle would work magic with the dude. Part of me would rather see Deng and Gortat, though. But that is might be less likely, since I'm sure the Wiz will match offers on Gortat, and I could see Deng getting inflated offers that make it hard for the Mavs to score him and another impact guy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys if the heat lose WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR LEBRON'S LEGACY?

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAN?!

DOES IT EVEN MEAN ANYTHING?

</ESPN>

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
lol spurs ain't losing shit.

Th Heat are DONE. They couldn't contain Boris Diaw on their home floor in a must win game. Now they're gonna form Captain Heat and beat the mean old Spurs in their house after what the Spurs went through last year?

The fuck outta here.

Spinluck

CPYEit4.jpg

This is kind of insane and pretty much explains why the Heat got trounced both games

That's so Kawhi!

Heat don't have players other than LeBron having godlike games this year (someone on fire like Miller or Ray Fuckin' Allen). I think Spurs will seal it tomorrow. Another title for Mr.Fundamentals.

Doc Rivers is still right

You can let LeBron go off for a ton of points, just keep everyone else in check

I can see LeBron go for 35+ but who else will score

If Spurs pull a Celtics game 6 ECF and go 1-14 from 3 then heat might win, that's how LeBron won that game ;)

Salt from the past :p

Another Mavs fan right here, lurking.

I wouldn't mind Melo at all - Carlisle would work magic with the dude. Part of me would rather see Deng and Gortat, though. But that is might be less likely, since I'm sure the Wiz will match offers on Gortat, and I could see Deng getting inflated offers that make it hard for the Mavs to score him and another impact guy.

OO hell yeah, another Mavs fan. I'm just ready to see another superstar with Dirk. Monta is a baller, but he's no Melo. And if the Spurs win tonight, then that means the Mavs put up the best fight against the eventual champs, so that should be able to add some extra fuel to their sales pitch.

The Heat will be crushed today. That's my gut feeling. If Parker and Duncan didn't miss that 4 FT in game 3 this would have been a sweep already. The Heat clearly has no answer for Spurs' ball movement. There will be a serious adjustment from Spo, which I think is to bench Charlmer and start Ray Allen, and put LeBron on Diaw. The Heat PGs, both Charlmer and Cole are horrible in this series so the longer they stay on the bench the better.

WoodWERD

So it turned out all these years later that Bill Walton knew what the fuck was up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

Lmao this was mentioned a few pages back. I remember hearing that live and immediately turning the game off...Walton's commentary was so ridiculous, I couldn't stand the guy. My prediction for game 5: Heat have a huge first quarter and promptly run out of gas, allowing Spurs to even it up at the half. Spurs tear it up in the 3rd and cruise to victory. For as many times as they've ripped my heart out I just can't imagine them letting up this time. One more W....one more.

Espi

Banned
What the hell is a "perfect" career?

Turning the NBA into a floppers league is my guess.
I predict LeBron will go for 35-40, 8 helpers and 9-12 boards.

5pur5 win but LeBron's empty stats will allow ESPN to continue that bullshit narrative that "LeBron can haz needs da helps".

Or the Heat could show some championship pride and gut out a win.

How's that a bullshit narrative? I don't care about the Heat and hope they lose (fuck Wade's bitch ass) but LeBron has a joke of a team.

It's even more insulting when you remember people cried about "this is like Magic, Bird and Jordan teaming up!" as if Bosh is even 1/10th as talented as those guys, or that Wade is even 1/4th.

Siegcram

Lebron has played 3 years less in the league and has already reached Parker's numbers in RS and playoff minutes.

And he avarages between 5-10 minutes more playing time pretty much any given year.
Their workload is nowhere near comparable.
Yet Parker had far more injury concerns over the years. That Lebrons body hasn't given out in a major way yet is pretty remarkable.

charsace

What I would love NY to do is call up the Thunder and offer them Melo and/or Chandler. Thunder has a lot of young talent rotting on a win now team. I would take back Perkins contract if we got a lot of young talent and picks in return. Then the Thunder can run and gun to their heart's content.

Wade needs to play less minutes next season and lose a lot of his size. The guy needs to be a 25mpg guy next season. The heat rotation will set around him being in that role. He should look at what Manu does on the Spurs as a facilitator and scorer and try to mimic that.

Wade also needs to lose a lot of weight. His first step is going and the burst he used to have in his first few steps isn't there anymore. Kobe waited too long to drop weight and that hurt him. Wade shouldn't make the same mistake.

neptunes

I think they lose tonight. Miami needs a second guy who can create for the team. If they had someone like Manu they would be better off than having Wade.
Plus Manu has confidence in his perimeter shot and is able to make a few of them, Wade forgot to develop that part of his game, not to mention he's an excellent (albeit reckless) passer.

Now it's weird for me to think of ways to improve the Heat being a Bulls fan, but don't you guys think that Luol Deng would be a great fit for them? He can score reliably and defend the best player on the opposing side. Would be a good fall back plan if they can't get Melo.

Bosh and Wade are due for a big game.
Wade is done IMO. He might shoot better tonight but his legs are gone and he's lazy on defense. He doesn't seem interested in adjusting his game either. Poor shooter, doesn't try on defense, isn't finding open guys...all he does is drive to the basket and cry about minor contact.

Bosh looked like he was going to have a great game on Thursday but then the offense just stopped.

I think the Heat are too tired and slow. They need younger players - not another superstar. They need an actual PG, young guys who can shoot, etc. Signing vets nonstop has reached the saturation point for them IMO. A good PG would have kept finding Bosh open on Thursday; LeBron did it a few times but obviously that's not his main job.

If the Heat lose I don't think this is on LeBron. He has played great. That being said, at some point he has to say fuck the game plan and take over. If the team isn't making shots, why not drive to the basket? Seems like LeBron could easily get Leonard in foul trouble.

Bosh and Wade are due for a big game.

Wade will try his pump fakes one more time and if that fails then idk what will happen
Bosh should just take the ball and run point
I expect the first quarter to have 15+ field goal attempts for LeBron, dunno how many he will make

Melo x Par god Parsons will join the heat next season D:

Wade needs to play less minutes next season and lose a lot of his size. The guy needs to be a 25mpg guy next season. The heat rotation will set around him being in that role. He should look at what Manu does on the Spurs as a facilitator and scorer and try to mimic that.

if he did that this season then he would be even worse, he missed like 30+ games i think , Wade just needs to opt out and take a pay cut and then you can rebuild fast, if he opts in then you know wade doesn't care
the future depends on Wade, maybe Bosh takes a pay cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom