• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

First round of the playoffs was incredibly entertaining..... But all the favorites ended up winning in the end regardless. Which made the 2nd round, conference finals and soon NBA finals, boring and predictable as fuck.

Lol parity

Heysoos

First round of the playoffs was incredibly entertaining..... But all the favorites ended up winning in the end regardless. Which made the 2nd round, conference finals and soon NBA finals, boring and predictable as fuck.

Lol parity

Really? They've been fun as hell for me.

Blablurn

The NBA should be more Europe and Asia friendly. Compared to the NFL or NHL it has the most potential outside the US. The domestic ratings might be down but there is still a lot of interest outside the USA. It's a shame that the Playoffs are so late here in Germany :( I always enjoyed those sunday games throughout the season.

zychi

Banned
The NBA should be more Europe and Asia friendly. Compared to the NFL or NHL it has the most potential outside the US. The domestic ratings might be down but there is still a lot of interest outside the USA. It's a shame that the Playoffs are so late here in Germany :( I always enjoyed those sunday games throughout the season.

what would you want them to do? we dont get the European league or olympics special treatment. it's an american sports league that needs US primetime ratings to make money. they branch out internationally, but the main source of income is the US and China.

yuraya

Heat in 7. Lebron and Dwade gonna get a lot of respect on their resumes if they manage to beat this good Spurs team 2 years in a row in the finals.

Also happy the finals format changed. The 2-3-2 format was the dumbest thing ever. seriously.

Jonm1010

Banned
Agreed, but most of the greatest big man have. It is sad because Tim Duncan could have actually 5-peated. From 2003-2007, and of course could have won last year and this year too. :(

Still greatest PF ever.
Yeah if anyone makes that case I would just turn off the TV or close the window. Such an idiotic argument.

Rings are a combo of talent, coaching, matchups, secondary talent and role players.

Bird or Duncan end up in a bad organization they might of won nothing. Shaq couldn't do it all in Orlando. Heck even Jordan needed other cogs in his machine to get his chips.

Blablurn

what would you want them to do? we dont get the European league or olympics special treatment. it's an american sports league that needs US primetime ratings to make money. they branch out internationally, but the main source of income is the US and China.

i want them to please me. not more , not less.

both teams are literally the same as last year, no reason it isn't going to be a good series again. better watch out for the clutch Allen three Spurs.

ISOM

It's the downside of timezones. Primetime sports in europe is early morning in the states and vice versa.

both teams are literally the same as last year, no reason it isn't going to be a good series again. better watch out for the clutch Allen three Spurs.

Nah. This year, it's the Shard Dog's turn.

ublkstk.jpg

Heat in 6

Blah blah blah hate Miami blah blah. Don't hate mofos, appreciate. LBJ is one of the greatest. I bet ur assess were gonna be hating on mj if u knew he was a huge asshole outside of basketball.
The projecting inferiority complex is strong in this one.

Heat in 6. I know the spurs are playing amazing basketball but I know the heat will do everything in their power to not let it go to 7.

DJ88

Lol parity

Exactly. That first round was so close to producing some fresh faces further into the playoffs, but they just couldn't get it done.

As for the Finals, my heart obviously says the Heat, but my head says the Spurs. Imagine if you're a player on that team, last year thinking you'd have to live with that Allen three in game 6 haunting you your whole life. Now, you get a chance to save yourself from that torment? Every one of those players is going to fight like hell to free themselves from that shot last year.

My gut tells me some of you are waaaaaaaay overestimating the Heat. Many things had to go right for them and wrong for the Spurs to get the 7 game win last year.

I say Spurs in 5.

ST2K

Depends on how injured Tony Parker is but the Spurs seem to have some trouble with super athletic forwards (yea i know OKC lost in 6 but still)

That series would have a different flavor if OKC had Ibaka from the beginning.

Heat in 7. I hope we have another classic on our hands.

My gut tells me some of you are waaaaaaaay overestimating the Heat. Many things had to go right for them and wrong for the Spurs to get the 7 game win last year.

I say Spurs in 5.

I would argue that the Heat are coming into this series with more momentum than they did coming into the finals last year.

Wade is certainly playing better now as well (and is more healthy).

First time i have followed the play-offs in a long time. Great year.

Hoping Spurs win based on the way they play. Capable of such beautiful basketball. Just with they were more consistent and play like they do at home more.

Spurs in 6

Talon

Heat in 7. Lebron and Dwade gonna get a lot of respect on their resumes if they manage to beat this good Spurs team 2 years in a row in the finals.

Also happy the finals format changed. The 2-3-2 format was the dumbest thing ever. seriously.
THIS

I would argue that the Heat are coming into this series with more momentum than they did coming into the finals last year.

Momentum is relative all they did was play one shitty team with an injured star. Another shitty team with a bunch of guys who should be collecting retirement and a team that should have lost to the Hawks (an 8 seed with a losing record and missing their best player) long before they faced the Heat.

Spurs are on a mission and they will win.

On the other hand, Manu is playing at a different level than last year and he's healthy. Pop constructed this team to specifically beat the Heat. Last year the Spurs didn't really prepare small ball team and they had only Diaw and Manu coming off the bench. This year, the Spur has been experimenting with many small ball lineups and it paid off against the Thunder. Their improved bench will prove its worth in the Finals.

Momentum is relative all they did was play one shitty team with an injured star. Another shitty team with a bunch of guys who should be collecting retirement and a team that should have lost to the Hawks (an 8 seed with a losing record and missing their best player) long before they faced the Heat.

Spurs are on a mission and they will win.

I hate it when people say this, as if the other team just doesn't care what happens or not. Everyone's on a mission. The fuck did the Heat put in all of this work for if they didn't care if they won the title or not?

Blah blah blah hate Miami blah blah. Don't hate mofos, appreciate. LBJ is one of the greatest. I bet ur assess were gonna be hating on mj if u knew he was a huge asshole outside of basketball.

lets not have this discussion again. LBJ plays in a different era of basketball, enjoy it for what it is. LBJ is a prime athlete and competes at the top level of his sport and his accomplishments are well deserved. but put him in the OG era of the NBA and he would be far less impressive, LBJ would've been challenged almost every game by one of the countless OG greats from a variety of teams.

Lol, people give Bosh so much shit but I would love to hang out with him. He seems like such a cool dude. All of his teammates say he works his ass off, but still takes time to joke around a lot.

what you sayin Ambient80?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom