• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens happens in these finals. I totally have no idea who will win. Obviously I want heat to win, but if they lose I ain't gonna be salty at all (okay maybe just a little salty).

I still want them to sign Darko and have all the members of that draft class on the floor at the same time.

I want this to happen so bad. If spo bron and wade finds a way to unfuck Darko that will be great for their legacy. WOuld be fuckin hilarious too that the 1-5 picks of 2002 are all on the same team.

BadAss2961

Whatever happens happens in these finals. I totally have no idea who will win. Obviously I want heat to win, but if they lose I ain't gonna be salty at all (okay maybe just a little salty).
So who's your favorite team then? Or are you just bandwagoning Miami?

I'd be pissed about losing in the finals. Actually, i'm always pissed when my teams lose.

I'd be pissed about losing in the finals. Actually, i'm always pissed when my teams lose.

It's definitely gonna suck if the heat lose, but one thing is for sure I won't be as pissed as what I was during the 2011 finals. That was bad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah bandwagon fans tend to not care much when their team finally loses. A shame. I've been a lifelong Heat fan so I'm ready to roll.

Cipherr

Ahh yes, need more of this.

GAF when Ray Allen hits the 3 pointer in Game 6 last year:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577941&page=155

HYEhKzM.gif

And the thread where the Heat locked up OKC and were on cruise control to win that first title with Lebron on the team:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477863&page=138

NHSr3.jpg

If they get this third ring, I think the hate will subside for all but the insane. There will surely be some folks that will cling to it, but I expect a lot of the bandwagon haters to fall right off.

Jon Armdog

OKC would be going for their second chip right now if they didn't over pay Ibaka and kept Harden. The poor fools.

No way, man. Harden completely disappeared in the Finals, and is one of the reasons they lost to the Heat. So far, The Beard has shown that he struggles with the Playoff spotlight (and when the refs don't give him as much charity). On the flip side, the primary reason OKC didn't get swept by the Spurs was Ibaka - he is their only inside presence. It was a freaking layup drill before Ibaka returned.

Also, Spurs in 5 games over the Heat.

Aaaaaaand...just want to point out that the Mavericks so far have been the biggest challenge for San Antonio. Looks like Skip Bayless' troll statements about how the Mavs could win the East weren't too insane after all! (http://fansided.com/2014/05/31/skip-bayless-thinks-dallas-mavericks-won-east/#!Tw7mI)

Soonri

Man, being a Mavs fan stinks when it's THESE two teams in the Finals :(

That being said, I like the Spurs' play over the Heat.... so uh, go win that ring and retire, Tim and Pop

jman2050

Either of these teams can win this series and the result wouldn't be shocking. I'm not coming within 500 feet of a prediction, no way.

Panzon

Non of my teams are in but FUCK the Heat!!

Gonna jump on that Spurs bandwagon again just for these finals.

Spurs in 6

Im even worried how heat will adjust to the new and steeper level of competition heh. I just hope it wont take them more than 2 games to get a feel of the spurs.

HiResDes

It's kind of weird how I've changed my perspective on the Spurs and now I mostly root for them because I recognize that they play the best team basketball bar none in the country.

Spinluck

Let's all be honest, last years Finals were amazing.

Anyone saying this is a boring match up just because it's the same 2 teams is lying to themselves.

BadAss2961

If they get this third ring, I think the hate will subside for all but the insane. There will surely be some folks that will cling to it, but I expect a lot of the bandwagon haters to fall right off.
An unlikeable team with the least deserving, most bandwagon fanbase in all sports.

A trio of stars put together through collusion and the face of the league selling out so he could ring chase at 25 years old.

ESPN's favorite dick to ride.

There will always be plenty of good reasons to hate this team.

Jag

An unlikeable team with the least deserving, most bandwagon fanbase in all sports.

A trio of stars put together through collusion and the face of the league selling out so he could ring chase at 25 years old.

You sound like a jilted Cavs fan. Why not post in comic sans? Get over it.

Vestal

Gold Member

So much salt. So delicious.

Can't believe its 2014 and we are still on this.

effzee

They do exist!

Question. Why wouldn't ESPN ride Lebron ? He is by most all considered the best player right now and one of all the time greats.

And collusion. Yeah ok. When GMs make deals to load up or players force trades that is fine but no a player as a free agent deciding where to play? How dare he? If anything applaud him, Bosh, and Wade for teaming up for the sole purpose of winning. Took less money and sacrificed individual stats.

"b-b-but the NBA is rigged you guys. They want Lebron vs Durant!"

Yet here we are watching Heat vs Spurs. I wonder what the conspiracy theorists will come up with about this series.

Siegcram

Before they both wrapped up their series I firmly thought the Spurs would take it this time, should they make it.

But since then Parker is hurt (again) and the Heat picked up some serious momentum.

Seems like a coinflip at this point. Definately can't see the series ending before game 6.

3rdman

Thank goodness we have you to let us know who deserves what. Thank you.

Ray665

Knicks Fan here, Hate Heat for obvious reasons. Not a Lebron hater at all.

Lets Go Spurs in 7.

Cant wait to watch.

(Granted Tony Parker is a full go)

bionic77

Mike Miller was the reason why the Heat chipped the last two years ;)

2012 Game 5 miller x 2013 game 6 shoeless mike making the heat comeback

:p
Heat are really think compared to the last 2 years.

Their bench is going to get exposed by the Spurs.

Bron going to have to play crazy minutes.

Won't be surprised if they wear him down by game 4.

If heat want to win Wade and the supporting cast need to really step it up on defense. If Wade half asses it the way he has done most of the season the Heat are going to get run out of the building. I am sure Wade can pick it up but for me the question is for how long?

If Parker's health is > 90%

Spurs in 6

If Parker's health is < 70%

Heat in 6

If it goes 7, Spurs will win.

Preference to the Spurs. They just play a prettier style of basketball to me. But nobody can heat up and carry a game like random Heat role-players. Rayray, Lewis, Chalmers, Bosh from behind the arc. Shit you can't plan or diagram for that you may have to account for makes them very difficult to beat.

sinseers

Blah blah blah hate Miami blah blah. Don't hate mofos, appreciate. LBJ is one of the greatest. I bet ur assess were gonna be hating on mj if u knew he was a huge asshole outside of basketball.

Thats the exact reason why I do hate MJ. Man-Child personified.

andthebeatgoeson

Agreed, but most of the greatest big man have. It is sad because Tim Duncan could have actually 5-peated. From 2003-2007, and of course could have won last year and this year too. :(

Still greatest PF ever.
Man, Timmy gets no respect, even from his biggest fans. You are sad because of what he could have done? I'm happy he's gotten 4 championships. That's amazing for a super star. I'm not crying for him. Yes he could have won more but damn, hhe's considered the best pf in the game, has 4 rings and has pushed the best player currently in the game.

His legacy has nothing to do with back to backs. No one really cares about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom