• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

DD

TheOrder188620150826.jpg

c42TheOrder188620150826.jpg

4ccTheOrder188620150826.jpg

Arttemis

That's backwards logic; anyone who points out a spoiler being posted is in the wrong, instead of the one who actually posted it. (S)he did post the last location and boss shortly afterwards, but I guess that was just fine as I didn't point it out?

The pics are well past the guidelines for the thread. The only way someone would know if the images to an unplayed game are of the last location and boss are if someone specifically states that... like you just did, again.

A glimpse at endgame content without any context spoils little to nothing, but adding that context can completely change expectations and ruin experiences. Labeling something as a spoiler is, in my opinion, worse than an innocuous still shot of something that could be any where/time in a game.

As soon as someone labels a shot as a spoiler, all it does is draw attention to the contents of the picture as important; otherwise, it would just be another beautiful bu unforgettable, run-of-the-mill picture in the eyes of the ignorant.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why do the characters in Until Dawn have artifacting around them? Weird looking edges around the models.

bm7fFi0.jpg

Cux2eGw.jpg

Q9UYwae.jpg

those low-res textures don't look good, are they noticeable during gameplay?

Not so much when you're driving, but they're noticeable on foot, especially in the interiors. It's not going to win any awards for the graphics, but it does the job well enough and (as far as I can tell) the framerate's solid.

Melchiah

Nice. =D

The pics are well past the guidelines for the thread. The only way someone would know if the images to an unplayed game are of the last location and boss are if someone specifically states that... like you just did, again.

A glimpse at endgame content without any context spoils little to nothing, but adding that context can completely change expectations and ruin experiences. Labeling something as a spoiler is, in my opinion, worse than an innocuous still shot of something that could be any where/time in a game.

As soon as someone labels a shot as a spoiler, all it does is draw attention to the contents of the picture as important; otherwise, it would just be another beautiful bu unforgettable, run-of-the-mill picture in the eyes of the ignorant.

It was already mentioned before by another poster, and you'd have to go back to check what I was referring to for my post to reveal anything. And like the other poster said...
Is it really that hard to avoid posting screenshots from the ending cut scene? Come on... it might not reveal much but it's still rather unnecessary. I considered posting shots from the ending of P.T. myself, but decided against it because it's kind of uncool even if it's not really spoilerish.
...it's just a common courtesy to refrain from posting screenshots from the ending, or endgame location, eventhough the game would be a bit older. Even without a context they often reveal too much in advance, and thus dilute the experience. If you have the urge to post something like that, at least have the courtesy of posting it as a link with a proper warning, eventhough the OP doesn't mandate that.

Top Bottom