• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Metal Gear is such a disappointing looking game. Yeah there is a big difference between last gen and current gen with how it looks but that's not enough. It's just way too rough and low poly (the environments) to make the creation of that new engine worthwhile.

To me, it doesn't look as good a GTA 5 remaster and you only have to look at something like Infamous or Horizon Zero Dawn to imagine how nice a MGS game could have looked.

The lighting is super impressive IMO. The daylight lighting in the desert is the most convincing I've seen in a game in motion. Sure in screens it doesn't hold up to the scrutiny other titles can, but what they're doing at 60fps is pretty good.

metalgearsolidv_thephnasdz.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph3csmg.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph2rshx.jpg

The lighting is super impressive IMO. The daylight lighting in the desert is the most convincing I've seen in a game in motion. Sure in screens it doesn't hold up to the scrutiny other titles can, but what they're doing at 60fps is pretty good.

metalgearsolidv_thephnasdz.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph3csmg.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph2rshx.jpg

I like the lighting, and that last shot looks great, but I still prefer the look/lighting of this build and wish they'd kept it:

I like the lighting, and that last shot looks great, but I still prefer the look/lighting of this build and wish they'd kept it:

I always liked that screen as well. The contrast looks higher. Maybe it's a time of day thing, or maybe they just changed the look slightly. Or maybe my settings are effed. The game still has it's moments, in any case. Shame the engine won't be used by any other devs.

metalgearsolidv_theph3psrp.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph2zs7j.jpg

metalgearsolidv_thephhdsb9.jpg

I always liked that screen as well. The contrast looks higher. Maybe it's a time of day thing, or maybe they just changed the look slightly. Or maybe my settings are effed. The game still has it's moments, in any case. Shame the engine won't be used by any other devs.

metalgearsolidv_theph3psrp.jpg

metalgearsolidv_theph2zs7j.jpg

metalgearsolidv_thephhdsb9.jpg

I think they added a colour filter. Some might say a "piss filter". Lol.

Your shots just make me want a new Red Dead.

Sigh.

omonimo

Banned
Metal Gear is such a disappointing looking game. Yeah there is a big difference between last gen and current gen with how it looks but that's not enough. It's just way too rough and low poly (the environments) to make the creation of that new engine worthwhile.

To me, it doesn't look as good a GTA 5 remaster and you only have to look at something like Infamous or Horizon Zero Dawn to imagine how nice a MGS game could have looked.
I can't disagree more. GTA V it's not better good looking especially considered it's 30 fps. AF it's even worst and there are more graphical effects handled on MGS V (like motion blur and SSS). I suspect it use ray tracing too in limited spot.

Gurish

it looks pretty spectacular when you play it imo. Most is because of the great artists, the great ligthing and engine though. I'm sure other titles are technically more impressive, but this game runs at 60 fps.

Yea you need to play it to really appreciate it, some textures are a little rough but the lighting is very natural and the game can look stunning quite often.

I think that as an overall package it's an amazing technical achievement for a 60 fps open world game, actually I think that Mad Max don't look much better in most screens even though it's current gen only and 30 fps...

Looks pretty damn good. They've nailed the rain/wet look. Seems to be a complete lack of AA again, though, which is disappointing.
I wouldn't say complete lack of, it's not as bad as 5 at least.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Here are some action shots! If there's any demand for it, I took some scenic shots, one of them I'm even using as my wallpaper, I could always post those later!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
nGWndv.jpg

iJ1uqC.jpg

4IWbAX.jpg

Budget title, not a great looker technically (doesn't perform so well either on the PS4, sadly), but I really like the art style and level design.

Top Bottom