• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

CheezyMac88

17032277275_b2e4df2abc_o.jpg

16412123523_1ccc80418f_o.jpg

16846058279_5ac9eae9ea_o.jpg

Omni

Resident Evil (Xbox One)

ODjN0e.png

2pHfle.png

Nothing terribly exciting. But I just started playing and was kinda impressed. All things considering it looks pretty good

AdanVC

I told myself I would master Bayonetta before moving on to Bayonetta 2. But 1 a.m. and a shiny, untouched new Wii U game told me otherwise.

neQuzBK.jpg

It's also unbelievable how much better this game looks on a TV than it does in screenshots, but I thought these were some decent snaps.

Dat... water looks so good! And it's true. This game looks amazing in motion. Screenshots don't do it justice.

Timu

It's also unbelievable how much better this game looks on a TV than it does in screenshots, but I thought these were some decent snaps.
Well the screens are under 1MB and JPG so that could have an affect on the quality of the screenshots.

nib95

Banned
Jeez, what is up with the excessive CA in this shot? It's really hurting the IQ. I have no idea why devs love CA so much. Aside from the CA, I think Bloodborne is an amazing looking game and your shots have been great, nib!

I agree they over did it. It seems to be more excessive at the outer edges of the screen, sort of the area barrel distortion would usually start occurring. I do understand why they did it though. I think it's to give it that disjointed, surreal, uneasy aesthetic, that is quite popular with horror themed games (ZombiU, Outlast etc). But I personally would have much preferred it being toned down.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

These are some excellent Captain Toad images. I think the game is one of the Wii U's prettiest games (and a nice evolution of the SM3DW engine...or if it's not improved, at least a nice use), but it still takes a good eye. Nicely done.

Converse

Banned
Well the screens are under 1MB and JPG so that could have an affect on the quality of the screenshots.

Well, most screens on this page fit that bill (in the Wii U's case, the direct image uploads I've done are about 0.5 MB JPEGs). As for Bayo 2, I think it's more the lack of anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering that makes it look underwhelming in stills (when you're on the couch taking it all in among an excess of action, it's glorious -- just did the first Lumen Sage fight, and was absolutely awestruck).

I'm all for uploading better screens if I can, though. Imgur (current host) says it doesn't compress images under a certain size, but others swear by Minus, so maybe I'll give that a shot. Any other tips?

tkscz

These are some excellent Captain Toad images. I think the game is one of the Wii U's prettiest games (and a nice evolution of the SM3DW engine...or if it's not improved, at least a nice use), but it still takes a good eye. Nicely done.

I would say an advancement in the engine. A lot of the levels have far better lighting and IQ than SM3DW.
Even the SM3DW levels have better lighting in Captain Toad.

iDVwTM2n5pgtq.jpg

ib0lpDsICz6Fnq.jpg

iiKc3GJfryReb.jpg

Converse

Banned
Wow, Dark Souls 2 looks...pretty dang good for a touched up port.

Second that. I know Souls 2 is sort of the black sheep of the bunch, but if I'm honest with myself, I prefer the environments and aesthetic themes of the first three Souls games to Bloodborne, based on what I've seen. I'm not seeing much environmental variety from the latter.

And Captain Toad looks astounding.

EDIT:

Could you guys post some more Bayonetta 2 screens?

Sure can. I plan to take screens throughout my current playthrough. Only took this one tonight, but there'll be more soon.

Krln0.jpg

tkscz

Is a.pomf.se that good of a website for images? It's blocked at my job so I can't see any screens hosted there.

Top Bottom