• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 - The PS4 won't have a better start to another year

kunonabi

Just SFV, Gravity Rush Remastered, and The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival for me. I may pick up Hitman when the whole game is finally out if it turns out well. Nights of Azure is also a maybe.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
And when are we expecting PSVR, again? Horizon?

Holy shit. I need to start putting money aside. I just bought a house. I'm not ready for this.

Tapejara

It's not actually a regular GUST jrpg.

BeneficialRelievedGhostshrimp.gif

It's an action RPG.

Huh, I was under the impression that it was similar to Atelier. That combat system looks really cool.

I will buy Digimon, Gravity Rush and Uncharted 4 at day one.
Maybe also Dark Souls III.

For Deus Ex I will wait, I have to finish HR first.

Interested in Firewatch, so it's a maybe for now.

Street Fighter and the Witness is it for me. Maybe FireWatch.

Mirrors Edge is a wait and see. Dont care about the rest. They can all go blow a balloon

EDIT: I do love gravity rush but I've already played it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really hyped with Gravity Rush: Remastered!!! It's a shame it will not appear on the Vita, I really loved playing the first Gravity... it felt so good in the palm of your hands!

Yeah, I can see me getting quite a few of these. Import wise I'd also add Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami (Yakuza 1 remake) which is probably the game I'm most hyped for, bar maybe SFV and Uncharted 4.

e90Mark

I had Uncharted 4 pre ordered ever since Amazon had it up for like $40.

Pretty interested in The Witness and Firewatch. Dark Souls 3 and Hitman will most likely get a buy.

Kinda interested in Far Cry Primal, because of the setting, but I couldn't even get through 4 because of the massive amount of head bob/shaky cam making me feel sick.

tariniel

I'm interested in Dark Souls, Street Fighter, and maybe Deus Ex, however I believe all of those are confirmed PC too? If they get good PC ports then that's where I'd prefer to play them, even though I just bought a PS4 last month. I'd consider getting Souls on PS4 because it may have a bigger online community there, but am undecided.

Actually, based on that gif up there of Nights of Azure, I might be interested in that one. So that's at least one PS4 exclusive that I'm semi-interested in. Gravity Rush is a maybe-on-sale at the moment.

Freeman

Banned
Insane, greatness is just around the corner now.

The Witness, Firewatch, Deus Ex(assuming its like the previous game), Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Alienation and SFV are at the top of my list.

Yes early 2016 looking insane. I'm not really excited about anything coming out in the near future so it gives me time to save up.

And wait! There is more

Resident Evil Zero HD – January 19 (PC, PS4, PS3, XOne, X360)
Shadow Of The Beast - January 26 (PS4) *
Alienation – March 1 (PS4) *
The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition – March 1 (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank - April (PS4) **

*Based on the EU PS Store Dates

**Based on the movie date 04/29

Thanks Felipe, I added them in, save for R&C which is looking like a Q2 title. That'll probably come out April.

Arttemis

Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex, Fire Watch, Gravity Rush, Hitman, Ratchet and Clank, Street Fighter V...

I think I'll eventually have those, but I'll probably only pick up Dark Souls 3 at launch, and the rest on sale.

Edit - I'll probably get RE:0 at launch, too.

[Call-Me-G];183391649 said:
With Uncharted, Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, Horizon, ScaleBound, Quantum Break, Halo Wars, Gears of War, The Last Guardian, Ratchet, maybe Mass Effect (please), Street Fighter, Forza Horizon 3 (maybe), etc...

No doubt 2016 is about to be the greatest. At least, it will be the best "new IP" year.

"Best year" is obviously highly subjective, but based on what we have seen of a lot of those games, I'm would still definitely take Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Rocket League, MGSV and Undertale over most of those titles. Persona 5 and No Man's Sky look amazing though, so here's hoping it'll be even better.

2007 was where it was at last gen

- Halo 3
- Call of Duty 4
- BioShock
- Crysis
- The Witcher
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- The Orange Box
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Crackdown
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- The Darkness
- Persona 3 (North America)
- Metroid Prime 3
- Guitar Hero III

and a few cult classics, like Folklore.

2007 is a great year and very important in terms of laying the groundwork for the generation, but in terms of games I want to play, I would still pick 2011.

- Dark Souls
- Skyrim
- Portal 2
- Batman: Arkham City
- Uncharted 3
- Battlefield 3
- Dues Ex: Human Revolution
- L.A. Noire
- The Witcher 2
- Dead Space 2
- Rayman Origins
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Mortal Kombat
- Bastion
- Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Saints Row: The Third
- Binding of Issac

+ The smaller games I'm without a doubt missing.

Quixzlizx

Really hyped with Gravity Rush: Remastered!!! It's a shame it will not appear on the Vita, I really loved playing the first Gravity... it felt so good in the palm of your hands!

It's "Remastered" because it's being ported to more powerful hardware. It'd just be "Gravity Rush" again on Vita.

Philippo

And if you factor in what they've got for the rest of the year (VR, TLG, Horizon, GTSport, GR2, Nier etc.), it's probably going to be their strongest year EVER.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
And if you factor in what they've got for the rest of the year (VR, TLG, Horizon, GTSport, GR2, Nier etc.), it's probably going to be their strongest year EVER.
I'm pretty sure in January when the results for most anticipated games of 2016 is released that it will have an entry that previously appeared in that same list in 2014 & 2015.

I wouldn't count the eggs that are planned for anything but Q1 to release in 2016.

Elandyll

Banned
When looking at the whole of 2016, and obviously if not too much gets pushed to 2017 (because, being realistic, some stuff will probably get pushed), 2016 could be to the PS4 what 2009 was to the PS3. Or better (worse for wallets).

Looking at exclusives/ console exclusives we already get

Uncharted 4
Ratchet & Clank
Shadow of the beast
The Witness
Alienation
No Man's Sky
Gravity Rush remaster
Persona 5
Amplitude
KoF XIV
The Tomorrow Children
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Nier Automata
Star Ocean 5
Killstrain
Abzu
Attack on Titan
Let it Die
Street Fighter VV
Dragon Quest Builders
Firewatch
Rime (?)
Hellblade
World of Final Fantasy
GT Sport (beta early 2016 hints at a fall release imo)
What remmains of Edith Finch
Etc.

Not counted because unknown window (possible 2017): Wild, Dreams (beta in 2016), Detroit, FF VII, Gravity Rush 2, Shenmue 3...

And of course PSVR and its own games

Tapejara

- Dark Souls
- Skyrim
- Portal 2
- Batman: Arkham City
- Uncharted 3
- Battlefield 3
- Dues Ex: Human Revolution
- L.A. Noire
- The Witcher 2
- Dead Space 2
- Rayman Origins
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Mortal Kombat
- Bastion
- Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Saints Row: The Third
- Binding of Issac

+ The smaller games I'm without a doubt missing.

Bulletstorm. I love my FPS.

Don't forget Resistance 3!

AudioEppa

I agree OP.

Buying:
•Uncharted 4
•Mirror's Edge
•Firewatch
•Unravel
Ratchet and Clank (maybe?)

Potential:

Gravity Rush
The Division

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I agree OP, and the year itself is even better. Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Toukiden 2, Ratchet and Clank, ect, just ridiculous to be a PS4 owner next year

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
All of 2016 should be amazing. Some games slated for 2015 ended up getting delayed and they might finally come out.

phanphare

Banned
that's good stuff. I'm gonna be looking for a good deal on a PS4 this holiday for sure. the tipping point has been reached for me and surprisingly it was the two Gravity Rush games. always liked the style of the first one and the gameplay seemed neat but I didn't own a Vita so I could never try it out. now I have an opportunity to play the first game and its sequel. plus all the stuff that's already out or coming soon. good times.

Top Bottom