• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 - The PS4 won't have a better start to another year

Damn, so many great games overlapping each other. Mirror's Edge or Deus Ex? Dark Souls 3 or Uncharted 4? Damn you devs! I don't know what to do. :/

And I'm still waiting for The Witcher 3 GOTY.

Also my wallet! 2016 will be amazing.

Elios83

You forgot Ratchet, it's supposed to be Q1 no?

No April with the movie.

Btw yes it's a really rich lineup.
Must buy for me:

The Witness, Biohazard Zero in January. The Day of the Tentacle Remaster might also be released this month similarly to Grim Fandango last year.

Street Fighter 5 and Deus Ex in February

Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 in March

Ratchet&Clank April (out of Q1 but still early 2016).

Looking forward to see how they turn out: Mirror's Edge and Far Cry Primal

Psoelberg

Damn.... Due to being limited in time, I can only finish one game every second month.... It's gonna be hard to choose from this list...

Digimon and Nights of Azure 100% day 1, Gravity Rush Remastered if it comes out physical, Uncharted 4 if I can get my hands on a discounted Uncharted Collection. I'm also super interested in Witness and Firewatch but I have to learn more about them.

2016 is looking like an amazing year for gaming. Without counting all the multi-platform games, PS4's first few months of exclusives, is already looking brilliant.

January -The Witness
February - Street Fighter 5 + Gravity Rush
March - Uncharted 4
April - Ratchet & Clank
June - No Man's Sky

My poor wallet.

Hydrus

It's not actually a regular GUST jrpg.

BeneficialRelievedGhostshrimp.gif

It's an action RPG.

Whoa, what game is this?

If we even have the time for those q1 games what with Blops3 and Battlefront in this q4. It's a good time to be a gamer.

Sogood.gif

I thought I wasn't going to get many titles, but I'm actually interested in:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Gravity Rush: Remastered
Street Fighter V
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Dark Souls 3(I'll get this for PC)
Nights of Azure

That's a lot of games for just 3 months.

Mikey Jr.

2016 is legitimately the year of the ps4.

14 and 15 have been pretty lax. But 16? I can feel that shit in my balls.

probably a good time to get best buy GCU and save some cash lol. and you get $10 for preorders (unsure if it's select games or all preorders). so savings pretty much great for those planning to get games.

2016 is looking stacked as far as big releases go for Sony and Microsoft, stacked! If Nintendo enter the fray with the NX towards the end of they year and have a few stellar launch titles, it could easily be the best year in my gaming life. 35 year old gamer here.

TP-DK

Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 dates are so close to each other. I cant juggle between those two games at the same time, my mind is gonna implode.

God, my wallet hurts already. But yeah, good chance a few will get delayed.

Yeah I doubt Mirrors Edge, Deus Ex, and Far Cry will all release on the same day. It's too much.

The notion that the current February lineup is almost as stacked as November is crazy.

phanphare

Banned
Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 dates are so close to each other. I cant juggle between those two games at the same time, my mind is gonna implode.

aren't the Uncharted games typically a bit shorter in length and linear in progression? you could probably beat it before Dark Souls releases.

Pretty good list, but there's no way they all live up to whatever insane hype levels they may have. That's what hype does to them.

There are about 3 of them I want, 3 I'm not sold on yet, and the rest I don't want or haven't even heard of. At my pace I'll still be playing FO4 in February anyway.

BumRush

I don't even buy a lot of games (5-6 a year for retail releases) and SF5, DS3 and UC4 are all day one, at minimum. Damn.

BadWolf

2016 will be an insane year in general, in addition to the games mentioned in the OP, there will also be TLG, FFXV, KOFXIV, DQ11 (in Japan at least), Star Ocean 5, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Gran Turismo Sport and more. There is also a good chance RE7 will hit too.

If 2015 was the year of announcements then 2016 might turn out to be the equivalent for releases.

jjonez18

Impressive. An AAA game for almost every week of Jan-March. Most of the are exclusive (console exclusive/platform exclusive).

Definitely in day 1 for a number of things on that list, but I'm also really looking forward to Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 which also drops February 9th. It's CC2's first of these types of games that isn't cross-gen so I wanna see what they bring.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
2007 was where it was at last gen

- Halo 3
- Call of Duty 4
- BioShock
- Crysis
- The Witcher
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- The Orange Box
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Crackdown
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- The Darkness
- Persona 3 (North America)
- Metroid Prime 3
- Guitar Hero III

and a few cult classics, like Folklore.
You forgot Mass Effect :(

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
2016 is going to be insane for PS4!

Heck, you can even add Mass Effect: Andromeda, Horizon, Outlast 2, new Battlefield game, new Call of Duty, Destiny 2, new Assassin's Creed and what else?

EDIT: Holy balls, I forgot to include The Last Guardian!

2016 is going to be super amazing...well, not for our wallets, but it's like the PS4's lack of exclusives came back, got angry, and then pounded our wallets into submission.

Hopefully, not a lot of these will get delayed.

TP-DK

aren't the Uncharted games typically a bit shorter in length and linear in progression? you could probably beat it before Dark Souls releases.

Yeah I can most likely get the single player done, but if the multiplayer is as addicting as the earlier games then I wont be able to play anything else :p

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
For me
Ratchet & Clank
Gravity Rush Remastered (If they have a physical release)
Uncharted 4 A Thief's End (I'll by anything from NG)

Maybe
Far cry Primal (Gotta see more, it may be a half assed game)

Top Bottom