• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 nazis arrested in Sweden for bomb attacks, 2 got military training in Russia

Tommy DJ

No reason to be afraid? I live in NYC, there was recently a BOTCHED bomb attempts in the heart of this city very recently

You're probably more likely to get mugged, stabbed, shot or run over by incoming traffic in NYC than die from ISIS or ISIS related attacks.

There's no reason to be afraid if you have any degree of perspective. Like, I've looked through accident mapping from VicRoads in Australia and there's more people getting seriously injured or killed from traffic in the central business district, daily, than from the recent terror related attacks we've been getting in Victoria.

Be vigilant but terrorists win when people isolate themselves and start suspecting each other, which in turn perpetuates the threat of terrorism.

Syder

So, this is the constant threat of terror in Europe that the Tolerant Leftist media hides that the Alt-Right is talking about?

giphy.gif

There is absolutely no reason to be afraid. They literally cannot do enough damage to us to make a difference if we just keep calm and show some backbone. It's the geopolitical equivalent of a child's temper tantrum.

Yeah I wonder if you would say that if your family was part of that "not enough damage".

Paganmoon

Update: all three convicted to various degrees.

The 23 year old, involved in all three bomb gets 8 years 6 months.
The 50 year old, convicted as an accessory in one of the succesfull bombings, and the failed attempt gets 5 years.
The 20 year old, convicted as an accessory in the failed attempt gets 1 year and 6 months.

This next part is sort of a headscratcher, I'm not sure if it's just error in reporting or the wording of the sentencing:

The 23 year old and the 50 year old are aquitted of attempted murder/aggrevated assault in one of the successfull bombings (where a janitor was injured), but are still ordered to pay damages.

Edit:
News source in Swedish
News source with google translate
Press release from the court (Swedish)
Google Translate of press release

amanset

Oh great, Nordiska Motståndsrörelsen.

Next time I see those assholes downtown I have to remember to rush into nearby Hemköp, buy some eggs and then throw at them. What's worse is that these inbred fucks are allowed to walk our streets and wave their flags, so proud of how they get to terrorize our citizens without repercussions. I fear them more than I fear any Islamic Extremist, they are at least rare and more than not a whole continent away, these Nazi fuckers are right here in the country, openly.

They are a source of ever shame for my country.

Which is exactly what they want you to do. Because then you are the aggressor. You started it.

I saw exactly that happen at Medborgarplatsen. They slowly marched, with their flags, and it only kicked off when someone else threw something at them.

And they loved it, because they also knew that the Police also saw that they did not start it.

Saganator

Fuckin crazy, it's 2017 and we have Nazi terrorists to worry about. If this keeps going we're gonna be in line for Inglourious Basterds 2.

Update: all three convicted to various degrees.

The 23 year old, involved in all three bomb gets 8 years 6 months.
The 50 year old, convicted as an accessory in one of the succesfull bombings, and the failed attempt gets 5 years.
The 20 year old, convicted as an accessory in the failed attempt gets 1 year and 6 months.

This next part is sort of a headscratcher, I'm not sure if it's just error in reporting or the wording of the sentencing:

The 23 year old and the 50 year old are aquitted of attempted murder/aggrevated assault in one of the successfull bombings (where a janitor was injured), but are still ordered to pay damages.

Edit:
News source in Swedish
News source with google translate
Press release from the court (Swedish)
Google Translate of press release
NMR-nazis find their way home at last.

Zeke

Those sentences are a fucking joke. I know the European model of justice is to rehab people and reintegrate them into society but come the fuck on. Those Nazi fucks don't deserve to be free again.

Paganmoon

Those sentences are a fucking joke. I know the European model of justice is to rehab people and reintegrate them into society but come the fuck on. Those Nazi fucks don't deserve to be free again.

Pretty par for the course in Sweden I'd say. 8 years is on the higher end of sentencing for the charges. One needs to keep in mind that 18 years is usually the max sentencing for crimes here in Sweden (there is a sentencing for "life in prison" but not used often, and only for grievous crimes, such as murder and so on, and usually results in a total of 20 to 30 years sentence in the end).

Personally I'd say the sentencing is about where I thought it'd be, maybe even a bit harsher than I thought they'd get. As a Swede I'd say I'm "satisfied" (feels wrong using that word, but I couldn't find a better one) with the sentencing. Though I don't agree with the conclusion of acquitting them of attempted murder/aggravated assault.

Top Bottom