• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL First Impressions/Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
DS games looks so good on 3DS XL, I just played Yoshi Touch & Go and it was better than ever.

Mario Kart is the 3DS game that impressed me most so far in terms of 3D, the screen size makes it super immersive.

I can't get my hand on Kid Icarus, where did I put it #%*!?

Bumhead

Banned
I'm going to be getting mine from Tesco, have you heard something about people getting them from Tesco early or what?

Nothing specific, no, but I was under the impression the only reason GAME and Gamestation were selling them early was because they were keeping in line with the supermarkets.

sakipon

Is it bad that I will buy one of these XLs and still keep my Zelda 3DS which will go untouched, but I can't bear to part with it because it's Zelda?
Owning multiple 3DS' can be useful if you're interested in the Mii Plaza games. You could also consider it a secondary system in case something happens to the main one. No need to feel bad about it.

Yazuka

Just preordered a Silver XL... Still I have some buyers remorse, I think.
But it will probably good and I need a new 3DS.

Robin64

I, too, have a Zelda edition 3DS and that's the only thing that is stopping me from jumping to an XL right now. I can't afford one without trading in, but I can't bring myself to trade this in... Oh the huge manatee.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The XL is growing on me, but I can't decide if it is worth it when I already have a sexy black 3DS.

Thats what the gf told me last night while we were laying down playing pokemon, told her I was going to sell my black 3DS and get a 3DS XL, and she said "but its so pretty!! how can you sell it?"

warerare

Just got Theatrhythm today but I will probably take GAME up on their current offer. That means a hard choice between Kingdom Hearts and Heroes of Ruin. I am thinking Kingdom Hearts at Ruin is likely to suffer a big price drop first. What do you guys think?

ksimm

I've just tried the Mutant Mudds demo and it seems pretty damn cool, and looks amazing on the big screen. I've got a 30+ DS library to flick through to see what they all look like, all good fun!

Downhome

Ok guys. Theatrhythm. I am not a fan, and am barely familiar with FF, but I love music and rhythm games.

Is this one for me?

I still can't decide on blue or red, augh!!!

Drago

Ok guys. Theatrhythm. I am not a fan, and am barely familiar with FF, but I love music and rhythm games.

Is this one for me?

I still can't decide on blue or red, augh!!!

It's really, really good. It's probably not worth $40 though, as I got tired of it after around 4 days of playing it...

If you can find it discounted, get it then.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Zavvi shipped mine today so I'll have it tomorrow.

Grabbed a DSi XL starter set on clearance from Tesco for £3.97 so that's a case sorted (and a superior DSi XL pen stylus among other plastic tat).

Keep the impressions coming, guys. Im hoping Tesco will let me buy one tomorrow. If not, Blockbuster will but Tesco would be easier (and cheaper) for me.

What's the consensus on the new Art Academy game? Torn between it and Colours. Im no expert but wouldn't mind a decent drawing/painting game on those screens.

Colours 3D is a great tool, but it's a simple app, there's no lessons or tutorials on how to use the tools effectively like Art Academy has, and it lacks traditional art supply emulation like Academy has, however Colours 3D is a lot cheaper and not that hard to get the hang of if you've already used art programs before.

Mind both are not really "games" more art applications.

Pietepiet

Photo%20Jul%2026%2C%206%2048%2046%20PM.jpg

Got mine :) Transferring data now.

Just ordered a set of those Hori screen protectors that we're posted a couple days ago. Hopefully they'll get here in time for the NA launch, I want to sick them on the system right as it comes out of the box.

It's really, really good. It's probably not worth $40 though, as I got tired of it after around 4 days of playing it...

If you can find it discounted, get it then.

Theatrhythm is an essential part of any 3DS collection, but then so is Kid Icarus and you don't even list that. :(

Wow, the game's THAT good? The initial footage and impressions made it seem rather lackluster to me.

Seik

Banned
Ooh, that blue one looks fucking rad!

I can see that some people received it. When is it out in NA if its not out already?

That convinced me, Blue it is. Screw the ugly toy red/mouse pants.

I'm still torn. All of the awesome red shots that have been pouring in, have looked wonderful. The initial blue ones looked nice, but in some shots the blue looks louder/way brighter than Id hoped. I was kinda wanting it to be a bit softer in shade....

I'm confused. I like them both, but I need to see more pics and each side by side/comparatively. In real lighting, without flash photography. Or something.

Is the blue really that bright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom