• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

45 New Apps coming to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrus

Banned
Nice post.

I am from UK = Don't recognise most of them.

Its a very US centric console = probably explains why it only sells well in USA...

Does UK have HBO , stars , encore , ShowTime? I think alot of apps are only in USA anyways
that said they should get a BBC app and some EU centered things

RulkezX

No Skygo and no Blinkbox

FML

What's the deal with SkyGO when PS4 is getting it this summer , it's wasn't even out for ps3 :/

UK line up is rather shit where is 4oD, Iplayer, Sky Go and ITV player. MLG isn't worth a damn to me since I stopped caring about the games they have.

Kei-

Nice, I'd love to see some sort of K-Drama app on PS3 or PS4 (Crunchyroll's drama selection isn't very vast, and neither is Netflix's). The 360 got Viki and now it's getting KDrama along with Xbox One, very nice indeed.

RulkezX

UK line up is rather shit where is 4oD, Iplayer, Sky Go and ITV player. MLG isn't worth a damn to me since I stopped caring about the games they have.

There is something weird going on with MS and Sky. When they announced Skygo for PS4 they were asked about the X1 version and only answered there was no plans for one but they may look at other platforms sometime in the future.

Jarlaxle

So, if I sign up for NBA league pass, I can watch the games through my Xbox One now or do I still need a cable provider?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, if I sign up for NBA league pass, I can watch the games through my Xbox One now or do I still need a cable provider?

If it's like their streaming service then you don't need a cable provider but the games from your local team will be blacked out in your area if they're available on your local TV.

While I'm excited that TuneIn and Vevo are coming, I have to say Fuck yeah, Crunchyroll is finally coming to the Xbox One! So far I've been hacking together a solution by using my 360 which is connected to my Xbox One to watch my Anime. Will be happy to have an official solution now.

.. I do wonder though, since Xbox One Apps utilize the WinRT platform, if this means Crunchyroll will be updating their Windows Phone app and launching a Windows 8.1 app as well. I mean, I personally updated my phone apps to the WinRT platform just a week ago and it isn't hard to do, at most a couple days of work to redo the UI to fit with the platform differences between Windows Phone and Windows.

I use unblock-us and my PS4. All you have to do is enter the VPN details in the Internet connection setup.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1375352

Unblock us costs money, but I'm lead to believe there are free VPNs out there.

I use boxpn on my pc/tablets... It's cool because I have a turn on/off switch which I like because some of the apps have content for my country too...

But I guess I could keep a note next to xbone and change the settings each time I would like to switch content.

DWinn7

It's becoming harder and harder to hold off on this XB1 purhcase. I currently have a PS4 but I'm also looking to own the XB1 when the time is right.

Give us a future update that lets us run TuneIn snapped in the background and I shall be a happy man.

Sooner the better, playing games with Test Match Special on in the background = heaven.

link1201

PLEX will play media from a server on your home network. If it is a good port it will accept nearly every type of media out there. Quickest way I can explain it.

So if I have movies purchased from Xbox or Amazon will they be available to be in one location? Thanks again

AlexMogil

So if I have movies purchased from Xbox or Amazon will they be available to be in one location? Thanks again

Well, those already are because they are stored in ze cloud.

But your personal media you have ripped can be stored on one computer and then accessible all over the house (and actually the internet because you can stream it on your phone).

All this depends if they actually MAKE the Plex app. And if Cinavia copy protection is in it, well, shit.
Looksie: https://plex.tv/features

link1201

Well, those already are because they are stored in ze cloud.

But your personal media you have ripped can be stored on one computer and then accessible all over the house (and actually the internet because you can stream it on your phone).

All this depends if the actually MAKE the Plex app.

Looksie: https://plex.tv/features

Thanks again. I did look at the website. I still wasn't sure if the Movies I have bought from various locations could be placed in one location. I did see I could download my Amazon Movies via the Unbox player. I would like have all my movies in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom