• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

45 New Apps coming to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously complaining about this??? Jesus, they released this before E3 so they can focus on games plus the HBO,ShowTime things people use alot so this is quite beneficial yo alot of people

This. People would bitch their head off if they showed this off at E3. "Lol, so much for games games games notlikethis.gif"

All I need now is a Facebook and Plex app and I'll be good. I have the mobile versions of FB and Twitter pinned so I can snap them but it isn't the same since I manually have to refresh them. The Twitter integration sounds pretty unique.

abadguy

Banned
Are people seriously complaining about this??? Jesus, they released this before E3 so they can focus on games plus the HBO,ShowTime things people use alot so this is quite beneficial yo alot of people

It's a combo of the whole damned if you do damned if you don't scenario with MS these days, and the fact that people like to bitch over anything and everything.

muzzymate

Hopefully HBO Go actually releases this time, being the second time it's announced. I remember when it was originally announced to be part of the 'first wave' of apps but never materialized.

jabuseika

I wonder how happy the cable/satellite companies are about this, and if it had something do with it taking so long for this apps to come out.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Snapping in twitter could be handy. Seems like a format suited to snapping unlike when I tried out Youtube in that mode.

Huh, you seemed to love the news of apps coming to PS4...

vBL9d.gif

mocoworm

Misleading title.

Some are 360 only and some are XONE. There aren't 45 apps coming to XONE. It should be:

45 New Apps coming to Xbox

FHIZ

Who in their right mind is going to check twitter on their console? Are they really doing this again?

mocoworm

Who in their right mind is going to check twitter on their console? Are they really doing this again?

You aren't thinking hard enough.

What about instantly tweeting a screenshot or video you just recorded.

''xbox, tweet that'

When TV shows are on, I see a ton of people live tweeting including actors/actresses in the shows so... I think you may be surprised at how often its done although whether that translates to people using it on Xbox One I don't know.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Love it. Folks who don't have an XB1 just don't understand how seamless all your tv entertainment becomes. Right now I'm watching someone play BF4 on twitch with ESPN snapped to the side. If I want to check out another app or game I can just say "Xbox go to Netflix or Xbox go to Tomb Raider. As someone who own a PS4 also it just whole different experience than turning on the system to play games and off when I want to watch TV.

its convenient, not earth-shattering. If the app you launch needs any navigation, I still end up reaching for the Xbox controller. and on PS4 I can launch games etc with voice if you have a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom