• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 years ago, Macho Man Randy Savage passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Macho Man, pls respond.

I'm going to put his album on blast and repeat to celebrate the life and times of the GOAT.

People forget that Macho Man died so that he could prevent Armageddon.

machoman.jpg

The Rapture was also supposed to have 5 years ago.

Guess how that was stopped?

MMarston knows what's up.

I will contend, to this day, that "Piledriver" is the best episode of anything ever.

"I met your father once in a steel cage match. I wish you coulda seen your old man weeping like a woman after my patented Piledriver!
Yeah, Your dad remembers me! OHHH YEEEEEAH!
"

Finally! Some ENTERTAINMENT! TONIGHT!

God I loved that show, definitely one of the best episodes

They call you Hollywood (hugh hugh) don't make me laugh
Cuz your movies and your actin' skills are both trash
Your movies straight to video the box office can't stand
While I got myself a feature role in Spider Man

Quite possibly the greatest lyrics ever uttered in human history.

Skunkers

Despite never being the hugest wrestling fan, I had the privilege of knowing Randy Savage; I worked at a small movie theatre in St. Petersburg, FL (it was AMC Tyrone 6, since shut down) that he and his wife liked to frequent. For such a larger than life guy, he was incredibly genuine, kind, humble, and soft spoken. I used to greet him every time he came in, check if he needed anything, and occasionally chatted with him and his wife in the theatre before his movie started. Dude was a treasure.

The Beard

I've always hated wrestling, but I fucking loved Randy Savage. What an entertainer. I still pull up his interviews/promos on YouTube every once in a while. He was the best.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You know I always find it fachinating how he looked so young for most if his later years, in spiderman I couldn't tell you how old he was, just that he didn't look old at all, but then like when he was in that Wrestlemania legends commercial and a photo he took soon before his death, he went full on old man

Anyone else prefer Machos run in WCW over WWF?

Nah. He never ever should have joined the NWO. They formed by beating the shit out of him. Him, Sting and Luger should have stayed WCW and eventually defeated the NWO for good. They really shit the bed with that. Had lightning in a bottle and left it out until it spoiled.

Sanjuro

WCW regularly had no idea what they were doing. Macho Man might have been Alex Wright for all they cared.

Sad to watch.

Cream of the Crop promo is correctly identified as GOAT.

WCW regularly had no idea what they were doing. Macho Man might have been Alex Wright for all they cared.

Sad to watch.

Wasn't it Savage that talked about so many guys like him being flown out (and hotel) for televised appearances even though he was too injured to wrestle, wasn't in on any feuding, and wasn't even going to do promos/interviews?

Sanjuro

It was a mess. He probably shouldn't have over done it after WWF, but the money was legit.

I liked Jericho talking about him. They kind of separated the top talent from the mid card. Macho still was a professional in his business with that WCW shit show.

ezekial45

Banned
Does anyone remember the promo where Gene asked if Savage would have anyone in his corner and then he responded with "Probably none!".

I'm trying to find a video of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom