• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500GB and 1TB Xbox One S bundles arriving August 23

What about the 2tb option? Is it worth the 2tb or is 1tb enough?

You can never have enough storage, but remember you can also plug in some external HDD's into the USB of your Xbox. Really easy to set it up and it will format it for you.

I myself am very tempted for the S, I just like new shiny tech or refresh of it. I am highly considering trading in my current X1 for an S model either the 500GB or 1TB Model. The prices are good imo.

DirtyLarry

Count me in as one of those people who are not picking one of these up until it is offered in Black.

For starters I would never hear the end of it from my wife, but even with that said, it would drive me nuts too. The balance of my entertainment center would be completely destroyed.
No sale until a black model is released.

And unless that is soon, no sale at all, as at that point I will just wait for Scorpio.

Truth is I really just want it for convenience. I have a Roku 4 that does 4K Netflix and Amazon, and my PS3 does 4K Blu Rays, so yeah, picking this up was so I could perhaps eliminate a few things, but not because it is a necessity.

Truth is I really just want it for convenience. I have a Roku 4 that does 4K Netflix and Amazon, and my PS3 does 4K Blu Rays, so yeah, picking this up was so I could perhaps eliminate a few things, but not because it is a necessity.

PS3 can only play regular and 3D Blurays. Even if you meant PS4, it also cannot do 4K Blurays.

As far as I'm aware, Samsung has the only UHD/4K Bluray player out (until the One S launches) and it is $399.

Madchad

I was thinking about getting an S but if its white only i am not going to bother. Would look so out of place in my current setup enough to drive me mad. PC tower Black with blue neo lights, PS3/4 black, TV Black, keyboard and mouse black with blue neo. Yer nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stc_pAf1V0

Would only be for exclusives anyway.

Count me in as one of those people who are not picking one of these up until it is offered in Black.

For starters I would never hear the end of it from my wife, but even with that said, it would drive me nuts too. The balance of my entertainment center would be completely destroyed.
No sale until a black model is released.

And unless that is soon, no sale at all, as at that point I will just wait for Scorpio.

I black edition of the console would be nice, maybe even a nice dark charcoal color. Damn that would look good.

Seriously considering just selling my elite controller and OG XB1 so I can buy a 500gb S. I know I'll buy the Scorpio in a year though....

Hoping this causes some serious discounts for the old model. It was available for $209.00 earlier but it would be amazing to get one below $200.00.

krang

I'm hopeful my GameStop UK preorder @ £229 for the 500gb will be honoured, despite them taking it off their website. My order still says "confirmed".

Luckydog

Any word on when Best Buy might offer the bundles? I have been holding out on ordering until I saw the delivery date. Would love to grab the 1TB with digital Madden but its only up on Amazon.

Xenoflare

500GB Halo Bundle is $399AUD/$499NZD. New Zealand getting kinda screwed because everything is just +$100 more expensive on all models, but great deal for Australia.

It's $399 CAD as well. Looks like we are at Australian levels of pricing.

*Sigh* our fucking dollar

PS3 can only play regular and 3D Blurays. Even if you meant PS4, it also cannot do 4K Blurays.

As far as I'm aware, Samsung has the only UHD/4K Bluray player out (until the One S launches) and it is $399.

Samsung has been on sale for awhile. If you have a Costco membership you can get it for $350. You can also get the recently released Philips BDP7501 for the same price. One thing people need to realize is their AVR setups may not allow them to use the Xbox One S with it if they want 4k output. You need a receiver that has HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0a, and supports HDR passthrough. If you don't have this then you'd have to run your Xbox One S through the TV and have the TV send audio to the receiver. However doing it this way means you won't get 7.1, and in some cases not even 5.1 if your TV doesn't passthrough PCM audio in surround sound. However the dedicated 4k players have a second HDMI out port for audio so you don't have the same limitations. If you only care about 4k UHD support and don't care for the Xbox or already have an Xbox One, then I'd get a dedicated player.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Feel better now?
Yes! All those who said it Micosoft would hold it as much as possible and only release it when the Neo releases can suck it!

btTrrWDAyop8c.gif

Tall Paul

I'm hopeful my GameStop UK preorder @ £229 for the 500gb will be honoured, despite them taking it off their website. My order still says "confirmed".
was thinking the same bud, still without knowing the UK date it's hard to tell what they might do.

Has Microsoft said anything about being able to upgrade the internal hard drive in the One Slim ourselves or are we locked out like the One original? I know we can use externals.

Rockeeo

Canceled my 2 TB Amazon preorder. Lost the $30 Prime Day credit ($30 credit for spending $150 using Visa Amazon card).

Preordered the 500 GB Halo bundle.

I think I made the more rational choice. I will probably wish I had an xbox one s next Tuesday. In a month it won't matter.

Ooo. Thanks! I jumped the gun there.

I was about to do the same thing as you. Still may do it. I just don't see the disc fetching more than $25. MCC code will probably go for $10 at most with all the deals I've seen lately. Plus the market for these games will be saturated once these bundles are released, so they may not even go for that much.

Krakatoa

Just preordered the s 500GB from Amazon. Can't wait to view some 4k content. Will have to by pass my receiver though, as its only 1080P. Not a big deal I will use ARC.

Good to see that the "Dec 2016" date on MS Store was incorrect (Unless that is a non-bundled SKU release date or something).
Really good bundle value for anyone that doesn't have an Xbone yet.

On a side note...
I am really curious to see how MS PR will spin this once the NEO is announced. Likely $399 NEO / 4k / upgraded hardware vs the $299 / 4k / non upgraded hardware.

I am guessing MS PR will try to make everyone believe they are the same exact thing except theirs is $100 less.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in the next couple months.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a 500GB Madden NFL 17 bundle for $300 or no? Thanks.

Why do I want one so badly? I don't have a 4K TV and my Day 1 Xbox One has never had any problems....but here I am, trying to rationalize this purchase.

SOR5

Why do I want one so badly? I don't have a 4K TV and my Day 1 Xbox One has never had any problems....but here I am, trying to rationalize this purchase.

It looks nice nice nice

But it wouldnt be a good purchase for you unless you really value aesthetics

Heysoos

Any word on when Best Buy might offer the bundles? I have been holding out on ordering until I saw the delivery date. Would love to grab the 1TB with digital Madden but its only up on Amazon.

Give it a bit. They'll probably update their page later today.

Good to see that the "Dec 2016" date on MS Store was incorrect (Unless that is a non-bundled SKU release date or something).
Really good bundle value for anyone that doesn't have an Xbone yet.

On a side note...
I am really curious to see how MS PR will spin this once the NEO is announced. Likely $399 NEO / 4k / upgraded hardware vs the $299 / 4k / non upgraded hardware.

I am guessing MS PR will try to make everyone believe they are the same exact thing except theirs is $100 less.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in the next couple months.

Hmmm, how will Microsoft spin a common mid-gen slim revision.

I guess they'll do what they did for the Xbox 360 S and just market it normally?

/Shrug

It looks nice nice nice

But it wouldnt be a good purchase for you unless you really value aesthetics

It does look really nice. I could even return my 2 week old Elite controller to Amazon and put the $150 towards this purchase, and I'll still get the new S controller....

Kyrios

Sheesh if I was in the market for a S, I would just go straight for that Halo bundle and use an external for the extra space.

Top Bottom