• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500GB and 1TB Xbox One S bundles arriving August 23

RoKKeR

Is it wishful thinking that MS will decide to give those getting the 2tb version on Tuesday something like a game or Anything?

My system is paid off and just waiting till tuesday, but it would be nice if MS threw us something.
You could count the included stand as a bonus!

Noobcraft

Wasn't it proven that SSD don't do anything for PS4 Xbx1
Nope. The PS4 even benefits despite being forced to use SATA II. USB 3.0 is faster than SATA II so using external SSDs on the Xbox one can actually reduce loading times pretty dramatically. The initial load in Forza Horizon 2 for my save went from being almost two minutes long to being just 20 seconds.

No that would be amazing! I'd love a console design lab, custom startup sounds, custom lights, customize the entire look

But im telling you, dot matrix.

I made this gif to show what I mean, custom black Xbox One S with white/silver rims, turning the console on, asking Cortana for the weather

OLPIgPY.gif

Against popular opinion here, I think this totally clashes with the minimalist design and turns the XB1 back into looking like a VCR.

Rbk_3

Hell yea

Was buying the S 500gb and madden, now I'll save money and get the 1TB version

Edit

EB games Canada doesn't have any of the bundles? They just added the vanilla 500gb and 1tb consoles to their site today. That can't be right? They'll get destroyed by other retailers.

I traded my XB1 in already so I'll have to use EB

Caayn

I really want a Xbox One S but With the Pack in games I might just wait till the 23rd and cancel my 2TB preorder
Wait for the 23rd. You can always connect an extra hard drive when you're getting short on storage. My XB1 currently has 3 hard drives.

tommyguns

Because of amazon gift cards and $30 off by using my amazon card on prime day, I am paying $274 out of pocket for the 2 TB system. For that price, I will stick with that one.

SOR5

Against popular opinion here, I think this totally clashes with the minimalist design and turns the XB1 back into looking like a VCR.

Hey I get that

The premise though would be that information would be viewable off-street, download info, message info. It has the same notification nature that WiiConnect24 did but it can be way more informative

Hawk269

I'd love it if that guy doesn't :)

If Rokker does not want it, then I will give it to you.

Rokker, let me know what you decide. I am picking up the 2tb version on Tuesday and I will just leave it in the box until I hear from you.

Krang, I will PM you once Rokker lets me know.

RedAssedApe

Banned
looks like BB is going to have a trade-in promo next week per CAG:

Get a minimum of $125 to use toward an Xbox One S when you trade in any Xbox One or PlayStation 4 console
  • Console must include AC adapter/power cord, power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value.

farisr

Hell yea

Was buying the S 500gb and madden, now I'll save money and get the 1TB version

Edit

EB games Canada doesn't have any of the bundles? They just added the vanilla 500gb and 1tb consoles to their site today. That can't be right? They'll get destroyed by other retailers.

I traded my XB1 in already so I'll have to use EB
Hopefully the bundles get added in. I traded in my xbox one today as well towards the 500GB S. Asked the guy if the bundle shows up or is a separate sku for the same price if I could switch it over without any issues, he said there shouldn't be any problems.

Even though I already have the masterchief collection, and bought, played and sold halo 5, I'd still want the bundle if other retailers are offering them. Could make back some money.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hopefully the bundles get added in. I traded in my xbox one today as well towards the 500GB S. Asked the guy if the bundle shows up or is a separate sku for the same price if I could switch it over without any issues, he said there shouldn't be any problems.

Even though I already have the masterchief collection, and bought, played and sold halo 5, I'd still want the bundle if other retailers are offering them. Could make back some money.

How much did you get for yours?

Rbk_3

At EB I got 225 and 263 for the box and the Kinect.
They have a switch your style promo till the 31st.

That's tax free too, so it would be about the same as selling it for $300 cash

farisr

225 for the xbox one (power cables + 1 controller)

Heck that by itself is actually pretty good judging from what they're going for on ebay, but that 225 is basically tax free so it's better than that. You're only paying tax on the remaining amount ($175 for the 500GB). My total came out to $197 something.

etta

my hard graphic balls
At EB I got 225 and 263 for the box and the Kinect.
They have a switch your style promo till the 31st.

That's tax free too, so it would be about the same as selling it for $300 cash
Yea I know we talked about it earlier ; )
225 for the xbox one (power cables + 1 controller)

Heck that by itself is actually pretty good judging from what they're going for on ebay, but that 225 is basically tax free so it's better than that. You're only paying tax on the remaining amount ($175 for the 500GB). My total came out to $197 something.
Cool, cool, I wanted to see if what you got for it was similar to what Rbk did. I'm gonna go trade it in tomorrow, it's gonna suck to wait until the 23rd though 😬😖

Broke down. Sold my 500GB Xbox One to my brother for $200 and threw in my copies of Halo MCC and Halo 5 seeing as I'll be getting the 500GB Halo Bundle Xbox One S.

Picked up a 4TB external drive during Prime Day so I'll be fine when it comes to space. It's gonna suck not playing Xbox until the 23rd tho.

And I don't even own a 4K set yet, just a sucker for new hardware.

Got in touch with a MS rep thru chat support and he was very helpful and got me all set up for the Xbox One S Kinect adapter. He asked me to provide the SNs of my Kinect and Xbox One, documented it and gave me a reference number. Said all I needed to do was contact MS support once I got my Xbox One S, give them the reference number and my Xbox One S SN and I'd be good to go.

Basically getting an Xbox One S for $127 using the $200 I made off my Xbox One and including NYC sales tax.

Super smooth thus far.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Broke down. Sold my 500GB Xbox One to my brother for $200 and threw in my copies of Halo MCC and Halo 5 seeing as I'll be getting the 500GB Halo Bundle Xbox One S.

Picked up a 4TB external drive during Prime Day so I'll be fine when it comes to space. It's gonna suck not playing Xbox until the 23rd tho.

And I don't even own a 4K set yet, just a sucker for new hardware.

Got in touch with a MS rep thru chat support and he was very helpful and got me all set up for the Xbox One S Kinect adapter. He asked me to provide the SNs of my Kinect and Xbox One, documented it and gave me a reference number. Said all I needed to do was contact MS support once I got my Xbox One S, give them the reference number and my Xbox One S SN and I'd be good to go.

Basically getting an Xbox One S for $127 using the $200 I made off my Xbox One and including NYC sales tax.

Super smooth thus far.
You could've just written the serial numbers down lols...

Top Bottom