• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2016

zsynqx

So happy God of War getting all them views. I honestly feel if they had just done another God of War with better graphics it would not be getting all this attention. Love the change in direction.

Also the view counts on games like Watch Dogs 2 are definitely deceptive. It wouldn't have 7 million plus views if it only has 40k likes. It must an ad in front of other videos.

Im confused why you exclude the Horizon trailer for being released before E3 but count the Watch Dogs one if it was also released before E3?

Gurish

Im confused why you exclude the Horizon trailer for being released before E3 but count the Watch Dogs one if it was also released before E3?

Don't get it either, Horizon got millions of views if we consider that trailer, the game is very much hyped, not only at GAF.

zsynqx

Jesus, whats with those ridiculous watch dog numbers?
I will never understand the mainstream of this industry.

Look at the likes for each video. That is more representative of how popular the video is. A number of these trailers are ads in front of other videos, which really inflates the view count.

Gears of War 4 (gameplay demo): 326,566

I'm very sad about this, the game looks pretty great and the beta was fun.

Trailers are going to generally do better than longer presentation; I think the rule of thumb for a lot of social media stuff is if a videos over five minutes, it's running too long.

Not including Persona 5?

and RIP my 2nd most hyped game of this fall. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 T_T

Atleast my 1st most hyped game, battlefield 1 is up there :3

Dysun

You people do know this opinion of watch dogs is a massive minority right ? First game was very successful

ELxNgow.jpg

One thing to keep in mind is there are multiple trailer uploads outside of the 'official ones', which people will gain exposure too.

Also, some games will get additional exposure from other means; example, Zelda has a lot of gameplay and impressions, so some may look at that over the official trailer to get a better idea on the game itself. Or Resident Evil 7 released a demo which has been a sublime marketing tool for them, gotten a lot of attention and community efforts, as well as a lot of big LP'ers have played it, and netted the game a shit ton of exposure by itself, millions of views on some of these LP's, even more than the trailer.

We truly do live in a different era.

Gotta echo this as well. Many of the live streams of the shows had hundreds of thousands of viewers and there are in depth demos on tons of sites adding more exposure.

That said that's a great number of views for God of War considering it is single platform and many felt it was fading.

Ploid 3.0

Spider-man below ReCore

:/

Spider-Man trailer is split between three youtube channels (Marvel Entertainment - 1.4mil, Sony 1.3mil, and Insomniac 800 or something k). It's doing good.

To note:

The Spider-Man trailer has 3 official channels that each brand promoted (Insomniac, PS, Marvel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLm1A2-Fr7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDPWDkdNLEc

Roughly 3.8 million views combined

This. Wonder why the OP doen't at least make a note of it. Also The fact that Watchdogs is included while Horizon isn't because it was listed before E3. It kind of muddy the statistics when odd rules are made. I like WD but feel if Horizon ZD is disqualified from being counted, then it shouldn't as well.

Super surprised at Watch Dogs 2 up there. For me there's no reason to believe that game will be any good or better than the first one.

Watch dogs was uploaded in june 8, thats a huge head start. This isn't all that fare at all. lol Game seems to try way too much, cool trailer tho.

WD trailer already surpassed by BF1 (now at 8 mil) , and if the trend is any indication, GoW is going to quickly surpass WD too, and maybe even have a chance to top BF1.

God of War's reveal trailer, at 7.5 million views atm, is now the the most viewed full-length gameplay demo trailer in all of Playstation's YT channel, already surpassing the Uncharted 4 Madagascar set-piece.

Even as far as just game trailers go, it's behind only the E3 Uncharted 4 reveal and FFVII reveal trailer. Impressive.

Memento

WD trailer already surpassed by BF1 (now at 8 mil) , and if the trend is any indication, GoW is going to quickly surpass WD too, and maybe even have a chance to top BF1.

God of War's reveal trailer, at 7.5 million views atm, is now the the most viewed full-length gameplay demo trailer in all of Playstation's YT channel, already surpassing the Uncharted 4 Madagascar set-piece.

Even as far as just game trailers go, it's behind only the E3 Uncharted 4 reveal and FFVII reveal trailer. Impressive.

It is really impressive

FelipeMGM

Battlefield 1 surpassed Watch Dogs. Update OP.

Yeah, that list is really different now. GoW is now almost surpassing WD2, Ghost Recon almost doubled its views jumping 2 positions, Spider-Man is over 2M, South Park More the doubled its views, a lot changed in two days. This is the TOP10 as of right now

1-Battlefield 1
2-Watch Dogs 2
3-God Of War
4-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5-FIFA 17
6-Halo Wars 2
7-South Park: The Fractured But Whole
8-Ghost Recon: Wildlands
9-Titanfall 2
10-Spider-Man PS4

Jesus, whats with those ridiculous watch dog numbers?
I will never understand the mainstream of this industry.

Probably this:

Also the view counts on games like Watch Dogs 2 are definitely deceptive. It wouldn't have 7 million plus views if it only has 40k likes. It must an ad in front of other videos.

Trailers are going to generally do better than longer presentation; I think the rule of thumb for a lot of social media stuff is if a videos over five minutes, it's running too long.

Which makes the God of War trailer numbers all the more impressive.

To note:

The Spider-Man trailer has 3 official channels that each brand promoted (Insomniac, PS, Marvel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLm1A2-Fr7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDPWDkdNLEc

Roughly 3.8 million views combined

Great stuff; I'm stupidly excited for this game and I think it was a near-perfect teaser. I guess having three 'official' sources skews the numbers a little with this one.

Infinite Warfare is still getting massive dislikes. lol
(likes: 26062 dislikes: 53372)

It's so dumb. It was a great gameplay trailer. I guess it's just cool to hate it now, I guess?

Amazing stuff. I'm all for these gameplay reveal trailers that Sony is now leaning towards. It's a million times better than a CGI trailer which has little to no direct relation to the actual game.

Watch dogs was uploaded in june 8, thats a huge head start. This isn't all that fare at all. lol Game seems to try way too much, cool trailer tho.

Yeah, if this is counted then why not the Horizon story trailer from 6th June, which has 4.8 million views and would put it sixth on this list, as far as I can tell.

Watch Dogs 2 having the most views but not a lot of likes compared to the others is interesting.

Just 44k likes from the 42k originally in OP now.

Spiderman have the same trailer on Marvel's channel with 1.6m views. If your not gonna add up all the trailers together and just pick one then these numbers mean nothing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Watch Dogs 2 having the most views but not a lot of likes compared to the others is interesting.

Just 44k likes from the 42k originally in OP now.

I think it's because it's an ad, which is inflating the view count. I have YT Red at the moment, but I've seen that WD trailer everywhere on other sites as an ad before the video I want to watch, so I imagine that the advertising on YT is big as well.

Ushay

Recore is the real surprise here. 1.6 milliom views, always felt like it would be a sleeper hit.

Glad God of War is getting bug numbers it looks superb.

Top Bottom