• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Look Back at E3 2014 (with graphs!)

Radec

ZXQEpRB.png

yep.

You indeed did show your bias, with the "but it's in space so that doesn't count"

Wooly World is throwing, indeed. I also didn't include any games that were bow/arrow based because I was focusing on guns/bullets/shoot-bang type stuff.

Xenoblade could certainly be included in the shooting category..

Xenoblade features shooting in the shootbang sense of the word far far more than dragon age,Scalebound and Fable, there is no certainly could be with that one and based on your other selections it absolutely 100% is a "shooter" or those other games absolutely 100% are not.

I really think post-Digital Event games should be included.
Nintendo's E3 wasn't only DE.

Dude wold have to go through HOURS of footage. I understand what you're asking, and he doesn't have to go through it all, but still

And the gameplay section for Nintendo would become 99.9% gameplay

LOLDSFAN

Now that's how you make a pie graph.

Interesting to see that there's predominately more things coming out in 2014. The big headline was everything comes out in 2015. The graphs say otherwise.

Also, if you guys liked these, and you have a suggestion for something to track next year, I'd be glad to hear it.

Next year would be cool if you tracked Treehouse stuff. If you just get press conferences, you don't really get a full picture of what E3 2014 was all about. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Microsoft follow a similar format.

Dude wold have to go through HOURS of footage. I understand what you're asking, and he doesn't have to go through it all, but still

And the gameplay section for Nintendo would become 99.9% gameplay
Some of them wouldn't take too long, there's lists out there if everything that was shown and the eShop trailer is only 3 minutes long.

Can we please stop using charts with stacked bars. They're as misleading as it gets.

Do the bars each start at zero? Does the orange bar start counting where the other bar stops? Etc. Etc.

They start counting where the other bar stops. Thus 'stacked'.

Next year would be cool if you tracked Treehouse stuff. If you just get press conferences, you don't really get a full picture of what E3 2014 was all about. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Microsoft follow a similar format.
If the format of the conferences changes dramatically next year, I may have to do something else. As is, despite my username, I don't actually have endless amounts of time to go through all the footage :p

Xenoblade features shooting in the shootbang sense of the word far far more than dragon age,Scalebound and Fable, there is no certainly could be with that one and based on your other selections it absolutely 100% is a "shooter" or those other games absolutely 100% are not.
Agreed, which is why I said I would go back and formalize the rules for that category.

Bbecause indie games still don't count?
I love indie games. I included them in the Microsoft and Sony counts because they showed them during their press conference. It's partly why their counts are so high. Nintendo didn't show their indie reel during their Direct event so I didn't include them there.

This needs absolute numbers too.
It's the same numbers as in the other charts. The number of games doesn't change. My bad for forgetting to put it on that one as well.

casiopao

If you can find it, let me know. I did all the work for this so it'd kind of suck if somebody was taking credit for it elsewhere.

While I really appreciate the graphs here, can u make another graphs on all the games shown by the big 3 on E3 not just on conference.

It will be nice to see the total game and exclusive there.

And I would suggest u to not include that shotting chart as it is going to makes some fans a bit scary here. T_T

klodeckel

Banned
Thanks! Awesome work.

MS really nailed it with the games this E3. Also I enjoyed the Nintendo Digital Event because there were no leaks prior to it. Sony had about 40 mins in the middle of their briefing where I nearly fall asleep.

Nice charts.

I think some people are taking it a bit too seriously and debating over individual titles. Its just a bit of fun, lighten up!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I swear these were on reddit like a week ago. Definitely weren't put together for GAF.
They definitely were created by timetokill and he includes the data on which they are based in the OP.

Reddit guy copied them without attribution and now you claim the guy that created the original content didn't do it.

Newline

If you can find it, let me know. I did all the work for this so it'd kind of suck if somebody was taking credit for it elsewhere.
They definitely were created by timetokill and he includes the data on which they are based in the OP.
Reddit guy copied them without attribution and now you claim the guy that created the original content didn't do it.
Yeah just looked back through my history and it was definitely taken from timetokill's post
Mybad!

jWILL253

Banned
The reveal format is very weird. Does CG count as "something like gameplay"? If not, then the only graph that should be even remotely high on that is Nintendo.

And as far as "game types"... you could've went into detail about what other type of games were shown. Instead, it seems all you wanted to do was shit on shooter games.

I don't think any of this is accurate, to be honest.

EDIT: Okay, I went back and re-read the OP and I missed the clarification over CG. My bad...

Top Bottom