• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Wild Arms may be possible?

I would be happy to see the series continue, but I mostly just want a remake of Wild Arms 2nd Ignition. That was my favorite game in the series, despite what is one of the most incredibly bad localizations of all time. The gameplay, characters, and story were all very fun. I wanna see the Knightblazer in full glory.

Mesoian

I was thinking Metal Arms when I first saw the thread.

200391-header.jpg

That would be good too, but has just as little of a chance.

Doesn't Sony own the IP?

Also, for everyone who didn't see it, our April Fool's Day joke yesterday is relevant: http://zeboyd.com/2014/04/01/zeboyd-games-is-proud-to-announce-untamed-armaments/

Holy shit, this would be so awesome! Maybe after you've finished your tribute to one classic RPG series (Shining Force) your next project could be a tribute to another? :)

Wild Arms 6...do it! :)

And get Level 5 to do Dark Cloud 3 as well!

Seriously, I don't know why Sony hasn't brought their RPG series to Vita yet. Sales a bit slow? Bring back a beloved RPG series and watch the sales increase several times over! Seriously, if I were in a position of power at SCEJ, I'd long since have commissioned sequels to Wild ARMs, Dark Cloud, The Legend of Dragoon and probably Arc the Lad too just for good measure.

sublimit

Banned
Seriously, I don't know why Sony hasn't brought their RPG series to Vita yet. Sales a bit slow? Bring back a beloved RPG series and watch the sales increase several times over! Seriously, if I were in a position of power at SCEJ, I'd long since have commissioned sequels to Wild ARMs, Dark Cloud, The Legend of Dragoon and probably Arc the Lad too just for good measure.

Yup i don't understand this either.Especially since (if i'm not mistaken) Vita users are more into action games and RPGs rather than any other genre.Vita has the action genre covered but what about RPGs??

Zetta

More like WA1-3 than 4/5 plz. Just with less space aliens.

This very much please. Wild Arms 1-3 were just so good compared to 4/5 and its whole grid battle scene. A remake of 2 and its great intro would be welcomed as well although I would rather have a 6th title like 1-3. My only fear is that it may be an IOS title and I don't know if I could take another of my favorite series go down that route.

This very much please. Wild Arms 1-3 were just so good compared to 4/5 and its whole grid battle scene. A remake of 2 and its great intro would be welcomed as well although I would rather have a 6th title like 1-3. My only fear is that it may be an IOS title and I don't know if I could take another of my favorite series go down that route.

Probably not a popular choice, but my favorite games in the series are 4 & XF. The combat system in 4 is fantastic and has a lot more depth than any of the previous games and I like the characters better than the similar one used in 5. And Wild Arms XF is easily one of the best FFT-style SRPGs ever.

Though to be honest, I'd be fine with a Wild Arms 6 that was similar in style to any of the previous games. They all have their strengths.

Sony doesn't make iOS games.

koutoru

I guessing the possible platforms for it would be:

Most likely to least likely-
  • IOS/Android
  • 3DS
  • Vita and/or PS3
  • PS4
    Although that would be amazing to see

I would dress like a woman and let so many Japanese businessmen have there way with me if it meant getting a new Wild Arms in the vain of 1,2 and 3.

From that same wikipedia article, if you click the Official Wild Arms website link, it takes you to a Sony domain. :)

Just to add a bit more, at the bottom of the page, the copyright is only for Sony.

©1996, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Additionally, the Japanese wikipedia page says...

PS初期にソニー自らがリリースした“3大RPG”(他2つは『アークザラッド[5]』、『ポポロクロイス物語』)の一つとされている[6]。

One of the "Three Great RPG" that Sony themselves released on the first PlayStation. (Other two are Arc the Lad and Popolocrois Monogatari).

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Probably not a popular choice, but my favorite games in the series are 4 & XF. The combat system in 4 is fantastic and has a lot more depth than any of the previous games and I like the characters better than the similar one used in 5. And Wild Arms XF is easily one of the best FFT-style SRPGs ever.

Though to be honest, I'd be fine with a Wild Arms 6 that was similar in style to any of the previous games. They all have their strengths.

I agree that XF was awesome (and overlooked by too many people), I was completely hooked on that game for a long time, I love how they really tried to do something different within the confines of the genre. Actually, I think that's one of the best things about the WA series in general, they're not afraid to go a bit crazy with game systems and such. I mean, even if I consider 4 to be the worst game in the series (sorry :p), I really appreciated all the new and crazy stuff they tried (like the HP/MP meter you can adjust, for example). I always felt 4 was like an experiment within a limited game, where 5 was the results from that.

I still consider 1 and 5 to be the best ones, but hell, I like them all. As long as they bring out a new one, I'm there. :)

Takao

Banned
Yeah, Wild ARMs is a SCE IP. Look at any of the merch (including the games not published by SCEA in North America) and you'll find their name in the copyright notice.

I'll believe it as soon as Square-Enix announces an official Type-0 localization.

Hey, considering what Matsuda said recently, who knows?

But yeah, Wild ARMs is a series I'd love to see ushered into HD(even on the Vita). Love the whole fantasy/sci-fi Wild West setting. It's cowboys and knights and dragons and robots galore! There are castles and saloons, and high tech space stations. Love it! And it doesn't hurt that the music has been pretty much good throughout the entire series.

koutoru

Yeah, I was checking the other Wild Arms websites and I saw the
"Wild Arms is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc" sign.
So now I put my IOS/Android fears to bed.

Vamphuntr

They could always give the series to another dev. Media Vision seems to be stuck in mobile purgatory. Depending on how Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2 turn out they could always try Alfa System. Their Tales of games were bad but maybe it could be a good fit for them.

I kind of wish they go with something more like 1-3 if they do another one. 1 and 3 are definitely my favorite.

Snakeyes

Speaking of Sony role-playing IPs, whatever happened to Rogue Galaxy? I recall it being quite popular when it was released.

They could always give the series to another dev. Media Vision seems to be stuck in mobile purgatory. Depending on how Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2 turn out they could always try Alfa System. Their Tales of games were bad but maybe it could be a good fit for them.

I kind of wish they go with something more like 1-3 if they do another one. 1 and 3 are definitely my favorite.

Umm... When you say mobile, I assume you meant phones/tablets, right? And does not include handheld (coz you mentioned OreShika 2).

2014(?) - Vita: Digimon Cybersleuth
2013 - PSP: Shining Ark
2012 - PSP: Shining Blade
2011 - PSP: Senjou no Valkyria 3 (Valkyria Chronicles).

They're still developing mobile games, but they're not in a purgatory yet.

I would never say I don't want more JRPGs, but I thought WA5 and XF were awful. I was a big fan of the earlier games though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Just remember: it's not Wild Arms without Michiko Naruke.

I used to think that until I heard the music in WA5. No disrespect to Michiko Naruke and what she accomplished with WA of course, but even without her there are people more than capable of delivering a great WA soundtrack IMO.

Top Bottom