• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A weird thing happened to me on the way to Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did see a ghost. Everyone knows racism is already dead in America!

giphy.gif

I definitely thought this would be either a supernatural event, or some rabid original Ghostbusters fan doing weird shit.

Wait...

What if she thought "this guy definitely looks like the type of guy who would give this movie a good word of mouth", so she attempted to stop you from viewing the movie?

:O
She profiled him before she knew what movie he was watching though.

Nudull

Banned
Going to make a call to the manager soon, since the theater doesn't have a specific customer service email or anything. See where that goes.

Wow these three responses.

Yeah, do we really need to call her a piece of shit? Maybe she's having a bad day? I mean, who doesn't secretly think of kicking someone out of a movie because they don't like the color of their skin?

Nobody here is a saint!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Yeah, do we really need to call her a piece of shit? Maybe she's having a bad day? I mean, who doesn't secretly think of kicking someone out of a movie because they don't like the color of their skin?

Nobody here is a saint!

Maybe she's a huge fan of the OG Ghostbusters and can't stand that people might actually want to watch the new Ghostbusters with an open mind.

Seriously though, she's a piece of shit and I got angry reading what the OP went through.

j0hnnix

The real crime here is you bought tickets to GhostBusters... =P

You have a right to complain, get movie tickets for life and get her ass fired.

That is weird as hell... ya man I'd report her, fucking calling for backup re: trespasser when you aren't even doing anything wrong and have a bloody ticket?! Sounds like she isn't fit for security work if she needs to escalate things without even asking a few simple questions.

I feel bad you had to be in such an awkward position, I hope you ended up having a good night at least with your friends =/

mclem

Maybe she's a huge fan of the OG Ghostbusters and can't stand that people might actually want to watch the new Ghostbusters with an open mind.

Well, that'd explain the flat denial that any film named "Ghostbusters" exists!

Weird as hell, I'm hoping you get some compensation from the management, or at least some acknowledgement.

Copenap

The worst thing is that you not only have to deal with this shit (which is terrible enough) but also have to fear for your live... So sad.

.la1n

Absolutely report it, you handled the situation amazingly by the way. I have no idea how you managed to stay that cool headed.

Lkr

Report her. White person here, can confirm white people dont have to deal with shit like this. You've 100% been racial profiled, lady is full of shit with the "never heard of ghostbusters" line

And like the poster said, you remained calm the first time and then when you went back? Incredible, I get angry very easily lol

You should absolutely report her. Racially profiling people is most emphatically NOT in her job description.

What you went through should not be let go without people facing consequences.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
lol8. Are you the racism defence force?

OP this is a clear cut case of racial profiling. Call them up ask for the manager and go to town.
I don't understand how this is a clear cut case if racial profiling. The OP isn't very clear, but it sounds like it started while the OP was standing around alone outside a museum? Race and age and sex probably played a part in the security guards response to someone hanging around alone outside a museum, but it's not like she obviously singled him out of a crowd of white people.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Downstairs you say? Female security guard? Sir, we haven't had a female security guard working here for 20 years. She was fired for gross racism and got so angry she dropped dead of a heart attack right outside the main doors.

Man, I came into this thread expecting some "Something strange going on, Something's wrong" joke.

Turned out it was racism. Feel for you OP. :(

Identify her to management. Even if she wasn't racist, she was terrible at her job and should have dealt with the situation in a different way.....you should not be put in a position where you feel like your life is at risk when dealing with security in any circumstance unless you know your doing something wrong which you clearly indicated was not the case.

Vengal

Going to assume you were profiled here, but to be cautious do you happen to be a beet farmer and when you went to the theater you were covered in large amounts of beet juice?

Nudull

Banned
Turns out, the theater does have a human resources department (which makes me question why no one I asked mentioned that, yesterday), but after calling several times throughout the day, no one picked up. Best I can do is leave a message, for now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Turns out, the theater does have a human resources department (which makes me question why no one I asked mentioned that, yesterday), but after call several times throughout the day, no one picked up. Best I can do is leave a message, for now.

Never go there again, and spread the word to everyone you know

Doop

Race and age and sex probably played a part in the security guards response to someone hanging around alone outside a museum, but it's not like she obviously singled him out of a crowd of white people.

Did you read the same OP I did? He clearly states he was the only black dude in the crowd. The thing you say didn't happen literally happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom