• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys 4infinity countdown ends tomorrow (7/3), most likely Zero Escape 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

If the conference is at 9pm for me in the UK, why is my countdown clock (on the teaser site) saying it ends at 1:00?
1:00 PDT = 1:00 BST??? Eh?

Or should it be 6^(1/2) times slower?

Just want to chime in to say I actually proposed this during the very first thread that ended up getting locked after the hype stairlift circlejerk occurred, and that I calculated this would make it end around the middle of October.

Astarte

pls pls pls be ZE3 and pls don't be as lame as VLR pls pls pls

I agree with this. VLR was ass but damn 999 was great!
If there's two things I learned on this forum it's that I shouldn't badmouth VLR or MGR. I'd be a baaad apple with shit opinions then apparently.

blacksark

I hope that ZE3 doesn't end on a kickstarter... that game deserves so much more than that.
But if it ends on kickstarter I will support it day one.

BlackJace

Wonder what the platforms will be. The only thing I don't have at the moment is a Vita, tho I could probably borrow one at some point.

New thread HYPE! I'll just reiterate how excited I am for this announcement!

Whatever the outcome, I won't mind. As far as I can tell, we can get ZE3 announced (a trailer or something would be awesome!), Kickstarted, or even some other games in the Infinity Series brought over to the west. All of those options are good to me! ^_^

holy shit this countdown went on for this long? Now they're practically fucked if this is anything else other than ZE3. You don't tease like this for what, 4 months? damn

galvenize

I played VLR without knowing it was a sequel to something but it was still damn amazing. I hope the third will be as accessible as VLR is.

I prefer VLR over 999

come at me

999 just had this charm for me that VLR didn't... I haven't been able to get myself to replay VLR, but I have replayed 999 (albeit the iOS version, but still...) and watched a playthrough of the DS verison again.

That's not to say I didn't think VLR was amazing, because it was a ton of fun... I'm pretty sure part of the reason I never replayed it was the time investment. >_> The Timeline and all that really helped the game a ton, and overaly the gameplay was a lot better! (it's a shame that the save glitch was ever hanging over my head! >_<)

BTW (VLR ending spoilers)
What if the "?" at the finale of VLR is... the funyarinpa?

For you, it just might be... ;)

VLR is GOAT, I stand beside you

Yes. Sigma >>> wimpy animu teenager trope.

It also had much better mysteries and revelations than 999. The latter dropped the ball on everything but that single twist (which is also really predictable after everyone kept hyping it up). And even that was lessened by the sappiness coming from Junpei. While VLR was just full of holy shit moments.
Oh god, I really want ZE3, but thinking about the possibility of them focusing on finishing that terrible Junpei storyline... *shudders*.
VLR also finally managed to realize the story telling possibilities which still fell flat in 999 because of the too archaic Visual Novel built.

Thud

I played VLR without knowing it was a sequel to something but it was still damn amazing. I hope the third will be as accessible as VLR is.

Probably impossible, if it's still a game set between 999 and VLR.

999 had a open ending, but that game hinted at a sequel.
VLR threw it in your face and then no sequel was made.

Until now. Give me answers to the question, finish it with dignity.

make ZE3 with godlike pacing like Remember11 and 999, add the puzzles and flowchart from VLR + completely new sort of twists = mindblowing experience!

i hope that ZE3 can top R11 for me, but it will be difficult, even if R11 should have had one more route!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom