• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys 4infinity countdown ends tomorrow (7/3), most likely Zero Escape 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

But that's stuff we all knew 2-3 weeks in, when the end point of the countdown was made obvious. Uchikoshi's involvement came from stuff like tweets and not the hints on the website, right?

Not exactly, many thought it would end after 7 weeks because of the digital root theory. After 0204, E3 or AX were two possibilities. Uchikoshi's involvement was a combination of comparing old interviews with recent tweets.

The point of the community thread was trying to solve the teaser, finding proof using other sources than the teaser and eliminating all other options for what it could be; and it worked great because everyone worked together and most of it was fun.

There was also no way of knowing what would happen next when I made the thread in April.

Hylian7

I'm on my phone right now so I can't get the links quickly, but Aksys made two tweets this week that were interesting. One mentioned Schrödinger's Cat when showing a picture of their packed up AX both, and another mentioned quantum theory.

takoyaki

I'm on my phone right now so I can't get the links quickly, but Aksys made two tweets this week that were interesting. One mentioned Schrödinger's Cat when showing a picture of their packed up AX both, and another mentioned quantum theory.

All of that is already in the OP ;)

which is in takoyaki's post you quoted in the OP :p

As much as i loved zero escape... a so long tease is messed up and not worth, not even for ze3.

For some people it is worth it.
It's certainly cruel and evil to put up a teaser site 4 months in advance of a game's announcement, but there are people devoted to this series (like me) who would give anything to be able to play it, ESPECIALLY because VLR ended on a huge cliffhanger.

If this teaser site had been for Shenmue 3 instead there would still have been people devoted enough to deem it "worth it".

I think it's worth it, even if it's messed up.

EDIT: And for a different topic: I really hope this comes to 3DS and Vita again. I would probably buy ZE3 for both systems and re-buy VLR on Vita just to show my dedication. Even though I don't even have a Vita.

Bakkus

It really doesn't make any sense for ZE3 to be on Kickstarter. How many stretch goals can a visual novel game have?

NotLiquid

I know I told myself not to get excited in the Community thread.

But at this point if it isn't ZE3 I might just cry.

If it is ZE3 I'll also cry.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd go through a year long teaser for ZE3

For some people it is worth it.
It's certainly cruel and evil to put up a teaser site 4 months in advance of a game's announcement, but there are people devoted to this series (like me) who would give anything to be able to play it, ESPECIALLY because VLR ended on a huge cliffhanger.

If this teaser site had been for Shenmue 3 instead there would still have been people devoted enough to deem it "worth it".

I think it's worth it, even if it's messed up.

EDIT: And for a different topic: I really hope this comes to 3DS and Vita again. I would probably buy ZE3 for both systems and re-buy VLR on Vita just to show my dedication. Even though I don't even have a Vita.
It's not that the more you wait the more the game "happens", developers tease a game because that game is already happening, there's no point to make the tease too long because after a while the hype(the primary reason for a tease) deflates, if you really want to make long tease then you should make it worth following updating it regurarly with new and interesting contents.

corn_fest

It really doesn't make any sense for ZE3 to be on Kickstarter. How many stretch goals can a visual novel game have?

$2mm - Additional voice acting
$4mm - QA testing for game-breaking save bugs
$6mm - Clover is written out of the game

i'm excited.

TheChaos0

This teaser has been going on for like 3 and a half months. It's got to be something big. If it's not ZE3, then, Aksys, you messed up.

MLH

It's been one hell of a ride, I've followed it since the beginning, dropping in once a week during the updates, hard to believe it's gone on for so long.

I bet the team over at Aksys are also excited, holding this secret for so long must be difficult!

Pandy

the recent stuff found a connection at least;
The connection with the Titanic is likely a coincidental one. The Titanic used both CQD and the new (at the time) SOS call, so while it may be the most famous use of CQD, there's no special connection there.

I interpet the CQD as a distress call, and linked it with 999.
999 is the telephone number for the emergency services here in the UK and a number of other countries.

androvsky

$2mm - Additional voice acting
$4mm - QA testing for game-breaking save bugs
$6mm - Clover is written out of the game

i'm excited.

$8mm - Shenmue crossover. Hey, isn't the Shenmue 3 kickstarter supposed to have some big news tomorrow? ;)

Yes, I know, worst crossover idea ever. Just a funny coincidence.

Omikaru

I really, really hope this is Zero Escape 3. My body needs this story to finish, and my mind needs to be blown once more.

Especially after VLR's ending.

The "OFFLINE" picture on Aksys' Twitch account (imgur mirror)describes the reveal panel as such:

The Aksys Games Panel Of Absolute <TBD>!

Is it just me or does "The Aksys Games Panel Of Absolute Zero Escape" sound just right?

Bakkus

Voice acting, translations, ports of older titles, orchestral soundtrack, animated cutscenes, more platforms etc etc...

Considering the last one had that it should be there from the start, are you saying more than English and Japanese?, ports of older titles doesn't make much sense, that's unneccesary imo, animated cutscenes is a bit out of place imo, is there any audience for this game outside of handhelds?

Durante

Considering the last one had that it should be there from the start, are you saying more than English and Japanese?, ports of older titles doesn't make much sense, that's unneccesary imo, animated cutscenes is a bit out of place imo, is there any audience for this game outside of handhelds?
Is there any audience for visual novels or puzzle games on PC?

I don't know.

Maybe.

Aksys publishes Danganronpa, right? Absolute Despair fits.

Absolute Despair sounds like a better fit to me

NIS America publishes the Danganronpa games and Another Episode is already announced to be localized by NISA. Danganronpa 3 is way too early in development to be teased at this point and there is no explanation for why Aksys would pick it up from NISA anyway (the first two games sold well).

So Danganronpa is out of the question.

Nyoro SF

Is there any audience for visual novels or puzzle games on PC?

I don't know.

Maybe.

I'm laughing my ass off right now, but Aksys has never published a title to PC.
They put up two titles on Greenlight... and never followed through with them, despite the fact that they both got approved (though I heard both of those titles were ass).

This could be a big step for them to move onto PC, unless Aksys has been ignoring Sekai Project the entire time, which is possible. :p

As turbo-psyched as I am for this, my hype goes down just a little bit when I actually think about VLR.

It kind of strikes me as the Back to the Future situation. The first had the cool sci-fi insanity, but it was anchored in some real strong character moments and wrapped up perfectly. The second upped the ante on the sci-fi craziness but kind of lost the human element that made the first really special, and overall felt kind of unnecessary (though it's still great fun).

VLR's true ending certainly sets up some insanity - insanity - but I kind of wonder if it's the type of thing that they could reasonably keep under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom