• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I in the forever friend zone?

Ban Puncher

How we get to these many pages?

OD4xc.gif

cromofo

Not gonna read all this shit but,

if you get yourself in a friendzone, take the L and cut the person out. Move on to the next one.

Don't be a wimp

entremet

Read again. This thread isnt about dating. Its about dudes expecting sex by being "nice" to women.

I'm not catching up, but what?

It started as a personal thread and people chiding the OP for expecting a relationship from a friendship.

Then some funny pictures. When did this become a social commentary lol?

jasonng

She turned you down and made it clear she's not romantically interested in you. You befriend her. Yet I bet you blame her for leading you on.

Here's a thought. How about you actually be her friend?

She turned you down and made it clear she's not romantically interested in you. You befriend her. Yet I bet you blame her for leading you on.

Here's a thought. How about you actually be her friend?
This is garbage advice and people on gaf need to stop saying shit like this. Being friends with someone you actually like is just toxic, esp in this case when he likes her a lot. He obviously is in some bizarro cringe world where the first thing he needs to do is cut her off entirely, and you tell him to do the opposite and turn the dude into a masochist for being with her everyday while still wanting to be with her.. yeah I read the "I'm totally ok to be her friend" horseshit that he spewed in the 2 posts I saw from him, but no one is believing that unless they're special in terms of naive they are.

Y'all can't read?

He's been on 50 dates with her, the fuck are y'all talking about trying to date. Dude's probably on a date with her right now.
my absolute fav post is the one where some dude pretends to be OP and gives an update that he's gonna go live with his mom while his friend is gonna move in to his place and experiment with a temporary bf to eventually be ready for him. Fucking gold.

jasonng

This is garbage advice and people on gaf need to stop saying shit like this. Being friends with someone you actually like is just toxic, esp in this case when he likes her a lot. He obviously is in some bizarro cringe world where the first thing he needs to do is cut her off entirely, and you tell him to do the opposite and turn the dude into a masochist for being with her everyday while still wanting to be with her.. yeah I read the "I'm totally ok to be her friend" horseshit that he spewed in the 2 posts I saw from him, but no one is believing that unless they're special in terms of naive they are.

You misunderstood my point. If you're going be somebody's friend, BE THEIR FRIEND. If you can't handle that then DON'T.

If you're befriending her in hopes of trying to win over time, then you're an asshole. I have no sympathy for the OP.

You know it's going to be an entertaining day when you wake up to two more pages of this thread.

I haven't seen this one posted yet. Also /r/friendzone is pretty much niceguys_irl

xl9aFOU.jpg

No, see, this guy is just an asshole. The definition of "friendzone" is not "friends."

She wants to be his friend and he is like IT'S ALL OR NOTHING.

Why can't he just say "i like you as a person so yeah, let's be friends" and just stop being so fixated on this one person. Accept it and move on. Why throw away the opportunity for a friendship?

It is beyond his capacity to see her any other way. She must love him romantically or she can fuck off (in his mind).

It's not the same as trying to be friends with your ex. And that even works out fine for some people.

i fall for the bait
why is he obligated to be friends with her?
you could argue if you know some one for a long time and break an already existing friendship that it's a bad thing to do.
but at the beginning when you meet some one and start to know each other?

lol no. it's totally fine to tell her to fuck off
i found that respond pretty nice, i would've been much harsher

i fall for the bait
why is he obligated to be friends with her?
you could argue if you know some one for a long time and break an already existing friendship that it's a bad thing to do.
but at the beginning when you meet some one and start to know each other?

lol no. it's totally fine to tell her to fuck off
i found that respond pretty nice, i would've been much harsher

I mean it's pretty rude to tell someone to fuck off because they don't want to date you/have sex with you.

AndersK

Best befriend her and help her out financially holding she will change her mind since you're such a nice guy!

I'm only posting I this thread to befriend OP and help his career. He's made 11 posts. That's eleven dates already. Tru wuw!

I mean it's pretty rude to tell someone to fuck off because they don't want to date you/have sex with you.
His use of the word friendzone comes of as a little hostile to me, but he is not in the wrong for not wanting to be friends. She doesn't want to date, he doesn't want to just be friends. And that is fine.

His use of the word friendzone comes of as a little hostile to me, but he is not in the wrong for not wanting to be friends. She doesn't want to date, he doesn't want to just be friends. And that is fine.

Never said he was.

But there's about a million ways to say it that aren't the shit he said.

The most friend zoned guy I knew, had clocked up over ten years in the zone. He was into the blonde girl, all the classic hallmarks, became "One of the family" by sucking up to the girls mother and brothers, would always drive any of the family around, invited himself to family holidays, paid for holidays for her AND her brother. Never had a girlfriend the whole time I knew him and I've since I lost contact with the girl.

In that time period I'd met the girl, had sex a few times with her and as we didn't click that way we just decided to stay friends. After that she would come to visit me to hang out and this guy would suddenly appear at my door to hang out as well! I didn't even know him, only in passing. He was only there to cockblock me, but when we were sleeping together she would not tell him anyway. The girl then got married a couple of years later and during the wedding her husband was a bit pissed off. He and I went to the bar and he hit me with "I know you've slept with her" *record scratch-time freezes* " he continued "But you're an OK mate, not like that other guy who keeps hanging around bitter he never got the chance to fuck her". Also you can guess who was the "free" wedding photographer that day.

Gets better then that though I'm 99% sure this married couple became swingers and were making subtle comments to see if I was interested. I wasn't.

Worst friend zoning I've ever witnessed. 10+ years following her around spending money on her, she gets married, he continues to hang around, they become swingers and he still can't get to have sex with her!

SegaShack

The most friend zoned guy I knew, had clocked up over ten years in the zone. He was into the blonde girl, all the classic hallmarks, became "One of the family" by sucking up to the girls mother and brothers, would always drive any of the family around, invited himself to family holidays, paid for holidays for her AND her brother. Never had a girlfriend the whole time I knew him and I've since I lost contact with the girl.

In that time period I'd met the girl, had sex a few times with her and as we didn't click that way we just decided to stay friends. After that she would come to visit me to hang out and this guy would suddenly appear at my door to hang out as well! I didn't even know him, only in passing. He was only there to cockblock me, but when we were sleeping together she would not tell him anyway. The girl then got married a couple of years later and during the wedding her husband was a bit pissed off. He and I went to the bar and he hit me with "I know you've slept with her" *record scratch-time freezes* " he continued "But you're an OK mate, not like that other guy who keeps hanging around bitter he never got the chance to fuck her". Also you can guess who was the "free" wedding photographer that day.

Gets better then that though I'm 99% sure this married couple became swingers and were making subtle comments to see if I was interested. I wasn't.

Worst friend zoning I've ever witnessed. 10+ years following her around spending money on her, she gets married, he continues to hang around, they become swingers and he still can't get to have sex with her!
Good story (really crazy btw), but posting the photos may be taking it too far IMO.

Am I missing something? Did you just post pictures of some dude you know to hang shit on him?

Izuna

Banned

I mean, I'm not sure if we needed pictures but still...

Bruh

This is the kind of story that warms my fucking heart.

Ozigizo

Why did you post pictures of the guy?

This is weird.

This fucking thread is weird.

The fuck, crazy?

I didn't say you could post my pics. Fuck sake, I thought we were bros, but now I find out you were boning the only woman I've ever wanted, the woman I printed a picture of and taped to a body pillow?

You're a dirty motherfucker, but I forgive you..now tell me everything about her.

The fuck, crazy?

I didn't say you could post my pics. Fuck sake, I thought we were bros, but now I find out you were boning the only woman I've ever wanted, the woman I printed a picture of and taped to a body pillow?

You're a dirty motherfucker, but I forgive you..now tell me everything about her.

Don't make me post those creepshots you took.

Top Bottom