• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Germany's PSVR Allotment Sold Out in 25 Seconds, Will Be Getting More

Kathian

Banned
100000 across Europe is unlikely. UK and Germany would get the bulk - largest game markets and most potential consumers.

But still these are okish numbers for initial demand. Question will be what they sell in Month 2.

Hasney

this is stupid, they better not allocate only 12k for NA

They won't, it's the biggest market. US would be comparable to all of Europe instead of one country in it.

100000 across Europe is unlikely. UK and Germany would get the bulk - largest game markets and most potential consumers.

But still these are okish numbers for initial demand. Question will be what they sell in Month 2.

PSVR is still #1 on the hourly games chart on Amazon. Not sure what that means, but the demand is clearly above the initial allocation. MightyApe in NZ have said their orders from a certain point are for the second shipment and that's coming pre-Christmas, so not sure when the second wave is even hitting.

RPGam3r

~100000 units sold within minutes around Europe is definitely impressive.

I don't think it is personally. That is a small ratio for the install base (but could be limited due to supply constraints). I'm saying we need more time to know how big it will get, initial selling out data is a data point, for VR we need a trend.

Mathieran

Banned
I hope they keep selling out. I really want VR to be successful. I was originally planning on waiting to jump in but I'm planning on preordering as soon as possible. I want to help contribute to its success.

Paganmoon

That'd mean ~1600 for Sweden... god damn... I had my pre-order in back in January when I saw Webhallen had it on their site. Not sure how many they'll get allocated though.

Sjefen

I heard/read that Sony wanted to sell 1,6 million this year or was it 12 months from release? 100.000 units in Europe at launch doesn't seem to cover the demand.

Hasney

I heard/read that Sony wanted to sell 1,6 million this year or was it 12 months from release? 100.000 units in Europe at launch doesn't seem to cover the demand.

That's not Sony, that's an analyst saying it could hit 1.6 million by the end of the calendar year.

KeRaSh

My brother sure is glad that I told him to order it as soon as it goes online. He wanted to wait until he got home from work in the evening.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Sony needs to ramp up production!
Its still time until oktober. Get that shit going.
Dont starve the thirst.

noobie

Banned
so Sony is expecting less around a Million for Holiday Quarter.

These are some very pessimistic expectations

October 250k
November 350k
December 500k

KORNdoggy

Sony needs to ramp up production!
Its still time until oktober. Get that shit going.
Dont starve the thirst.

my impression is that they're just being apprehensive. they don't want to produce millions and maybe have a bunch of shelf warmers. but they don't want too few to meet demand. i think this will be released in very small spurts until they know the desire for VR is big enough for massive quantities to be produced.

takoyaki

just a heads-up for GermanGAF, amazon will have more PSVR units available tomorrow at 10 AM

Wichtiger Hinweis:
Dieser Artikel wird ab 22. März 2016 um 10 Uhr zum Vorverkauf zur Verfügung stehen. Nur solange der Vorrat reicht, nur eine Einheit pro Kunde kaufbar.

amazon.de

Kinan

Got mine as well. Even was able to use a 10€ coupon on it. :) Have the camera and moves already, so I'm fully set. :)

Clearly there is strong interest. How big that is beyond the hardcore remains to be seen.

Yup we need to wait for launch. Spoke to some old pals at game UK and they have 10 per store and the rest for online. Most stores have 1 or 2 Pre orders. It's not flying at the minute. Amazon seems to be doing better tho

Hasney

just a heads-up for GermanGAF, amazon will have more PSVR units available tomorrow at 10 AM

amazon.de

Neat. If it's day 1 stock, I wonder if Sony have managed to increase production or taken some from a country that isn't selling as quick.

Yup we need to wait for launch. Spoke to some old pals at game UK and they have 10 per store and the rest for online. Most stores have 1 or 2 Pre orders. It's not flying at the minute. Amazon seems to be doing better tho

I think when you put this, you really have to point out they require a £100 deposit. I mean, it's fairly obvious why they won't be selling there ;)

Dahaka

Yeah, I went on 2 minutes ago and they were already gone. Thought I got my times wrong or something :lol

Germany is thirsty for VR.

All escaping from Merkel.

mueelquo5ozaoaiawssu.gif

Hagen

Nope! Still there for me.

STILL AVAILABLE, GUYS!

Yeah it's possible to pre order now, but they don't give a specific delivery time or time frame in their confirmation email. (amazon.fr und .uk did this)

edit: I guess I will cancel the uk-order as this comes with a didferent power plug. Amazon.fr said will be delivered in 1st week of November - or is it just a placeholder?

Hasney

Yup, date is gone. Wouldn't be shocked if they're doing the UK thing of allowing pre-orders but no release date guarantee now.

Yeah it's possible to pre order now, but they don't give a specific delivery time or time frame in their confirmation email. (amazon.fr und .uk did this)

edit: I guess I will cancel the uk-order as this comes with a didferent power plug. Amazon.fr said will be delivered in 1st week of November - or is it just a placeholder?

The .fr email will be a placeholder as they had the release date up for October 31st. They don't know the actual date yet.

Top Bottom