• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Germany's PSVR Allotment Sold Out in 25 Seconds, Will Be Getting More

Raylan

Banned
Finally got one :). And it is still available for preorder.
Yay, got one!

3I0NJ5I.gif

artsi

I just put in my order.

Damn, pre-ordering Rift in January felt like a long wait. And now it's much longer, lol.

Hasney

With the PS4 they put up a note saying you'd get it later if you odered now at a certain point. So I'm optimistic the current orders are shipped on release date.

Amazon UK did theirs retrospectively. Think it was a bit after 12 when they put up a note about not guaranteeing orders after 11:45.

oti

Banned
It's interesting how there's so much hype for a piece of hardware rather than the games that come with it. Fells like the Wii launch. People won't buy PS VR because they want to play the games. They will buy the games because they want to play with PS VR.

At first at least. Maybe Rigs turns out to be amazing though and it'll become THE game to own. We'll see.

Hasney

It's interesting how there's so much hype for a piece of hardware rather than the games that come with it. Fells like the Wii launch. People won't buy PS VR because they want to play the games. They will buy the games because they want to play with PS VR.

At first at least. Maybe Rigs turns out to be amazing though and it'll become THE game to own. We'll see.

Rez. REZZZZZZ.

Seriously, I may not have bothered, but Rez with a headset on my face is required.

oti

Banned
Rez. REZZZZZZ.

Seriously, I may not have bothered, but Rez with a headset on my face is required.

I don't know if that would warrant a 400€+ purchase for me but I have it preordered so I don't have to decide that now. :)

oti

Banned
I'd pay 4 figures for that suit at PSX. I love Rez too much.

Ah that's nice. I'm happy for you. 😊
I don't really know what I want out of PS VR. Maybe some kind of Afrika sequel or something like that could be nice. Or an Uncharted game whatever that would look and play like.

Raylan

Banned
would be interesting to know if everybody gets it on release if you ordered just now.

You should get it on release date. Amazon Germany is actually very good at this.
Some buddies of mine all got their PS4 consoles on release date (and they placed their preorders really really late).

Hasney

Ah that's nice. I'm happy for you. 😊
I don't really know what I want out of PS VR. Maybe some kind of Afrika sequel or something like that could be nice. Or an Uncharted game whatever that would look and play like.

Yeah, I think that traditional games will be fine in VR, but you still need to design the game in the first place for VR. Hopefully, if this does take off, we'll know what Uncharted or whatever Naughty Dog feel like doing will be like!

You should get it on release date. Amazon Germany is actually very good at this.
Some buddies of mine all got their PS4 consoles on release date (and they placed their preorders really really late).

i preordered at mediamarkt. A german retailer. on the day the PSVR went up.

Raist

Banned
100000 across Europe is unlikely. UK and Germany would get the bulk - largest game markets and most potential consumers.

But still these are okish numbers for initial demand. Question will be what they sell in Month 2.

Er, France is almost as large as Germany for starters.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know if the thing will be sent out in waves, similar to Rift/Vive? Or will it be just a regular old store launch with plenty of units to sell come October?

Hasney

Do we know if the thing will be sent out in waves, similar to Rift/Vive? Or will it be just a regular old store launch with plenty of units to sell come October?

Not entirely sure yet. It did seem like the first wave was going to be very limited with MightyApe in NZ saying that new orders were for the second batch "pre-Christmas". Amazon UK are also saying they're not guaranteeing launch day for orders made since just under an hour after they went on sale.

But now Amazon Germany re-open orders with no note and Game's listing was updated a couple of days ago saying "GUARANTEED FOR LAUNCH", so I'm not sure if Sony have managed to ramp up production or some other countries stock where it's not selling as well has been taken away.

Thanks. Ordered one, although I can almost guarantee this will be not the right gadget for me. If I think about the motion sickness I got from HL2 then this will be a very short timed love affair.

Nope. The headset by itself will be sold starting March 29, in the US.

Oh that's good to know!! The other thread was going to hell with people crying that the wording was too hard and that all the Pr speak meant the U.S. Was probably never getting a standalone headset.

Occam

Looks like Amazon.de is now taking pre-orders in general for the device, but i'd guess not for launch day, maybe even not for pre-christmas.

The longer you wait until placing your order, the lower you end up on the waiting list.
When PS4 was launched, you still got one on launch day if you pre-ordered in June (=4 months early). So hopefully Sony will at least be able to fulfil PS VR orders placed in March at launch (=more than 6 months to go).

Hasney

Looks like Amazon.de is now taking pre-orders in general for the device, but i'd guess not for launch day, maybe even not for pre-christmas.

MightyApe in New Zealand said their second allocation would be pre-Christmas, so depends if they've already been taken. I doubt they've gone through that either... At least I hope not!

Top Bottom