• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

goldenpp72

No, the fact that Crash Bandicunt was never a good game and that there has been so many great new ORIGINAL games out this years so far and this game ends up being the best seller on Amazon, no wonder developers are scared to try and create new IPs

Most people enjoy these games, I adore them, you can get the hell out with that stupid shit. You're not the authority of what others are allowed to enjoy.

I just think in general regardless of game style, we need CHEAPER games (to make) that can be sold for a range of price points and do not need to be monetized as service games to be sustainable. And this is that! This game rocks.

100% this. We need the PS2 era back in many ways.

The thirst is real. I know so many people especially my siblings, who are so excited to play this again. I need a physical copy so I hope I can find it

Phediuk

This game really seems to have taken off with the casual crowd.

I'm seeing Crash tweets and Facebook posts from people I didn't even know played video games.

Is there really that much latent Crash nostalgia in our society?

Fj0823

I'm seeing Crash tweets and Facebook posts from people I didn't even know played video games.

Yes, Many on GAF convinced themselves that only Nintendo and maybe SEGA stuff have nostalgia power for sales for some reason but to me these sales are not surprising at all

Yes. Crash Bandicoot is synonymous with video games the way Mario and Sonic always have been, especially in Europe. A lot of people grew up with the games. It certainly helps that the Naughty Dog titles were/are quality.

No, the fact that Crash Bandicunt was never a good game and that there has been so many great new ORIGINAL games out this years so far and this game ends up being the best seller on Amazon, no wonder developers are scared to try and create new IPs

You are the most pathetic, salty, petty ass person I've seen on gaming side. How fucking pathetic and immature are you? Getting your hair in a twist because a game trilogy that was given a fresh coat of paint and a lot to love is doing well?! I got a few words for you....

GET THE HELL OUT WITH THAT SHIT!!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Crash Team Racing + Crash Bash + online next please.

smurfx

get some go again
i want sony to remaster the first 3 jak and daxter games. never got a chance to play the in full.

Think about what the PS1 meant for Europe.

Add in the mascot status of Crash and the quality of its two great sequels

And there you go, you created a loved icon of many childhoods

RK128

Another remaster containing CTR and Crash Bash w/th online + a proper remake of Wrath of Cortex (with refined gameplay elements, new levels and visuals 'in-line' with the N. Sane Trilogy) and you have a fantastic hit!

RK128

So CTR is a given, right ! Right !?

I would be shocked if we don't see Crash Team Racing Returns or something like that get announced later this year. With how well this collection is doing right now, it would be stupid on Sony and Activision's part to not make a CTR Remaster/Remake with online MP. Throw in some Crash Nitro Kart tracks and new playable characters (Spyro please...) and you are set :D.

psychotron

Great to see. Showing companies that classic platformers are still in demand will benefit everyone. This collection and Mario Odyssey coming....it's all just really heartwarming.

ZarKryn7

Talk about salty.

These games may be unfactually "never good" to you (man I hate that phrase). But, they are to lots of people. Start accepting that.

The thing most don't understand is those games (2&3 specifically) we're designed for those who never game and wanted to give it a go. A stepping stone basically. The basic design and simplicity is what got many attracted to it (which I understand why it turns people off). Hence why its attracting those lapsed gamers along with the platformer junkies like myself and the Skylander crowd.

You can continue to hate it and be upset by its success. That's all fine and dandy.
But IMO, if you truly hate something. You will speak with your wallet and wouldn't give it a light of day with the constant bashing.

But hey bro. You do you. Keep giving it publicity. :)

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

I'm 20 and from the Uk. Lots of people I know , regardless of whether they still game, Owned a PlayStation 1 or 2 and played the crash games. Hell I knew a guy who just owns a PlayStation 2 to play Crash and crash team racing

I'm the same. The franchise holds a lot of nostalgia for people and me ( crash and CTR where the first games I ever played )

But for some odd reason people older live in this bubble where only mario/sonic can have nostalgia. Crash is 22 years old at this point ? Of course it's going to have fans. They where great games too.

People seem to underestimate the importance of the PS1/2 where in Europe, and by extension the crash franchise

Although if they remastered CTR with the exact same drifting mechanics with updated graphics

I would pay so much for that

This. I am really not interested in Trilogy as they were fine with PS classics(in Vita) for me, but CTR and CrashBash are the ones I had most fun with my friends back then. I really wish they remaster these with online, so I could play these games with friends.

CryptiK

This really paves the way for CTR and Spyro. I hope both get made. Spyro is a bit iffy since he already exists in another franchise, but CTR should be a shoe in.

Famassu

100% this. We need the PS2 era back in many ways.
PS2 era was when budgets started to balloon out of hands and development become a lot more complex. The death of quite a lot of franchises happened during the PS2 generation or started then.

I just think in general regardless of game style, we need CHEAPER games (to make) that can be sold for a range of price points and do not need to be monetized as service games to be sustainable. And this is that! This game rocks.
I just feel that isn't realistic. Not every game can be as small in scope & linear as Crash Bandicoot, especially in genres other than platformers. Not every game has all the game design/content already planned so it can be made as efficiently as N.Sane Trilogy. Even if publishers do develop more linear games with a more manageable scope, that doesn't mean the development comes cheaply. Something like Bayonetta is very linear game and quite a lot of it relies on repeating enemies (just slightly re-designed and/or thrown at the player in different kind of level layouts/scenarios and/or setups) and on the game's replay factor. That wasn't exactly a cheap production.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
You must hate the music industry then.

Anyway, I can say with certainty that the nostalgia factor was at play in our household. We bought a PS4 because of Crash :)

And just like that the US physical edition is out of stock again at Amazon. There's a 1-2 month wait for it now. The digital code has jumped into the hourly top 20 best sellers.

Osukaa

You are the most pathetic, salty, petty ass person I've seen on gaming side. How fucking pathetic and immature are you? Getting your hair in a twist because a game trilogy that was given a fresh coat of paint and a lot to love is doing well?! I got a few words for you....

GET THE HELL OUT WITH THAT SHIT!!

Lol right on!! I got a little burnt just by reading lol. Salty ass mf's in here. Good job Crash welcome back old friend.

I

PS2 era was when budgets started to balloon out of hands and development become a lot more complex. The death of quite a lot of franchises happened during the PS2 generation or started then.

True, but you also had stuff like the simple series that saw some awesome games out (like EDF, Zombie Virus, Splatter Master) and you had other weird ass budget games like Disaster Report that were awesome. The mid-tier level game was still a thing. More than anything it felt like games had different kinds of budgets, nowadays everything feels like either a massive production or a small indie game.

Hubble

Loved the Crash Bandicoot games. Owned them all. And you know what? Crash Team Racing is a really top good game. CTR is really slept but was really good.

Crash in its day had the same impact Mario had on the NES and SNES. Honest. Everyone loved Crash. And it was the Playstation mascot. The most noticeable one.

SNURB

And just like that the US physical edition is out of stock again at Amazon. There's a 1-2 month wait for it now. The digital code has jumped into the hourly top 20 best sellers.
That's the third time that's happened I believe (fourth if you count Amazon U.K. which happened early June).

Jesus, if the sales for this are that good than CTR would double that, triple even.

_Rob_

I'm so happy with this news! The game is fantastic, the most fun I've had since BOTW. These kind of sales almost certainly prove to publishers that 3D/2.5D platformers are still a major seller!

Guy at work was more excited for this than anything this year. Surprised me as he's only 25 and must have been really young when the originals came out. Maybe that's it, childhood nostalgia.

Top Bottom