• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

Bumhead

Banned
I think what's heartening is that this isn't just nostalgia.

People are playing and really enjoying these games again. I've re-played them all periodically over the last 20 years and I've always maintained they hold up better than many regard them to do.

The success of this collection is legit but it's not a game that's going to be put down or forgotten about once people have had their nostalgia fill.

Hasney

You think? UK may be PlayStation land, but Mario is Mario. Plus unlike Crash, Mario will have a long tail. It always does.

It won't week 1 due to the Switch stock situation either way unless something changes, but lifetime Mario should do it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It makes me happy that this and the Ratchet reboot did so well. We need these franchises back on the market regularly.

Toki767

I think it seems pretty telling that Sony (yes this is technically Activision) are putting money into making full on remakes of their games rather than just putting up backwards compatibility.

This seems to go with Jim Ryan's whole "no one wants to play those games" comment unless they're modernized.

I'm curious how long they can continue funding remakes for though.

I wouldn't mind a full on Legend of Dragoon remake at least.

Toxi

Banned
For the haters

tenor.gif
This is amazing.

I'm curious how long they can continue funding remakes for though.

If it sells like this? Probably as long as they have games they can remaster.

I hope it continues. This is heavy on nostalgia, but there's going to be people introduced to Crash with this and that's awesome.

roytheone

Since I never played crash before, I am looking forward to diving into them. If the succes of this game creates a potential renaissance of this genre, even better! Platforming is one of my favorite genre and Nintendo has been the only company really still making them for far too long!

FinalAres

It won't week 1 due to the Switch stock situation either way unless something changes, but lifetime Mario should do it.
I can see Odyssey outselling Crash even by the end of this year in the UK. But yes at least lifetime is a certainty.

Well unless Odyssey turns out to be disappointing

Lifeline

I think what's heartening is that this isn't just nostalgia.

People are playing and really enjoying these games again. I've re-played them all periodically over the last 20 years and I've always maintained they hold up better than many regard them to do.

The success of this collection is legit but it's not a game that's going to be put down or forgotten about once people have had their nostalgia fill.

A lot of people downplaying it as a just the nostalgia driving sales. Game has a solid 80 on Metacritic, it's good platforming.

It makes me happy that this and the Ratchet reboot did so well. We need these franchises back on the market regularly.

Agreed. We need more lighthearted games like this and I hope this means we'll be getting that Spyro trilogy that goddamn needs to happen.

Rosur2a

Pretty much.
Certainly in the UK at least, don't bet against the nostalgia for the PS1.

PS: checking Amazon UK just now, and it is completely out of stock except for a couple of scalpers.

Yea saw earlier today their getting more stock next week but must of sold out of that as well as now no date. I hope we get some sort estimate for numbers in the charts tomorrow.

Jay Sosa

People have spoken!
They want more platformers and less cinematic games!

Really happy about its performance, now gimme Spyro trilogy.

why not both? And for the life of me I'll never understand why 3D platformers kinda just went away at the end of the PS2, beginning of the 360 era. It's not like people were tired of them, at least not me.

A lot of people downplaying it as a just the nostalgia driving sales. Game has a solid 80 on Metacritic, it's good platforming.

yeah.. never understood the 'hate' for Crash (especially the first one) just because it wasn't as groundbreaking as 64 doesn't mean it wasn't a great game back then and still is. Aged poorly my ass.

Ex-Psych

Glad Crash is doing well. I remember emulating the first Crash game on Wii lol.

I might get the collection sooner as well to show support for a new Crash game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just think in general regardless of game style, we need CHEAPER games (to make) that can be sold for a range of price points and do not need to be monetized as service games to be sustainable. And this is that! This game rocks.

roytheone

I just think in general regardless of game style, we need CHEAPER games (to make) that can be sold for a range of price points and do not need to be monetized as service games to be sustainable. And this is that! This game rocks.

Return of the budget B games!

Rymuth

While not cheaper to make per se, we're definitely seeing an increased interest in cheaper games at retail ala Dishonored Death of the Outsider, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Crash and Everybody's Golf.

Its the closest we're getting to the return of the AA games and I love it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Its not just Sony but I know they're pushing the $40 game category again. Knack 2, Everybody's, Uncharted Lost Legacy Golf will all be $40 when they launch and I believe there are a few other games as well. Several of these games are also very family friendly as well as having things like co op and MP so they appeal a very wide potential audience in several aspects.

_Ryo_

Just wait until Microtransaction patch.

$4.99 for Crate Attractor! See path for all crates and automatically pull them towards you. Never miss a crate again!

Fisty

Its not just Sony but I know they're pushing the $40 game category again. Knack 2, Everybody's, Uncharted Lost Legacy Golf will all be $40 when they launch and I believe there are a few other games as well. Several of these games are also very family friendly as well as having things like co op and MP so they appeal a very wide potential audience in several aspects.

Sometimes you never know how much you want something until someone says it

Lettuce

WTF...why? You're mad a game people worked on is doing well in a hobby you enjoy? Insert CHANG photo here lol.

You're saddened that people are happily buying and enjoying a game? Oh well.

No, the fact that Crash Bandicunt was never a good game and that there has been so many great new ORIGINAL games out this years so far and this game ends up being the best seller on Amazon, no wonder developers are scared to try and create new IPs

tusken77

Knack 2
Everybody's Golf
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Ratchet & Clank
WipEout Omega Collection
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

All $40 titles. I'm liking this trend.

No, the fact that Crash Banicunt was never a good game and that there has been so many great new ORIGINAL games out this years so far and this game ends up being the best seller on Amazon, no wonder developers are scared to try and create a new IPs

Are you the sole authority on what makes a good game or something? People who are buying crash like it, many people do...Also remakes do not stop new ip's from being made, the two are not mutually exclusive, your post makes no sense and is childish. The people making remakes are not the same devs making new ip;s.

Lettuce

Are you the sole authority on what makes a good game or something? People who are buying crash like it, many people do...Also remakes do not stop new ip's from being made, the two are not mutually exclusive, your post makes no sense and is childish. The people making remakes are not the same devs making new ip;s.

It doesn't help the situation, a remake can be turned around in the fraction of time that a new IP can and if it sells double the amount then sure yeah devs are going to go for the quicker more profitable option

How old are you?

Sorry i didn't mean to hurt your feelings

Ivan 3414

No, the fact that Crash Bandicunt was never a good game and that there has been so many great new ORIGINAL games out this years so far and this game ends up being the best seller on Amazon, no wonder developers are scared to try and create new IPs

Lmao

It doesn't help the situation, a remake can be turned around in the fraction of time that a new IP can and if it sells double the amount then sure yeah devs are going to go for the quicker more profitable option

They didn't know how well these would do, this is most likely a test to see if their is a market for more...nothing wrong with that, you are being a child. People have wanted this for years...but it's bad thing cause you say so lmao. Crash remake being made did not stop some new IP from being made, if anything the money it generates will go towards something else or a modern crash, nothing wrong with that.

silva1991

rwjz6_s-200x150.gif

Aren't you vocal minorities tired of spreading this narrative like it's an objective opinion even though both original and remake reviewed well.

Jay Sosa

aren't you adorable.

Not cherry picking, just the first 2 hits that came up in google

That's cherry picking, there are many reviews and there are 3 games in the trilogy, but please tell me how those 2 scores from just the first game are relevant in anyway?

『Inaba Resident』;242436225 said:
Imagine having actual hurt feelings over Crash Bandicoot doing well lmao

It's fucking sad, the shit you see on GAF is insane .

killroy87

I stopped paying attention to Amazon threads when the Canadian one had the Ouya as the number one selling thing for like a year and a half.

I just refuse to believe they're an accurate portrayal of what's selling. That's said, I'm glad that this seems to be selling well to some degree.

MadMod

Always good to hear games doing well! I contributed to those numbers :p The game is harder than I remember though! Haha.

cakely

Are you kidding me?

Top Bottom