• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

Theonik

I wonder if it will be repeated when it comes out on the Xbox One.
I would imagine the Xbone version would do well if one were to happen but I think that the franchise itself is very strongly tied to PlayStation. PS4 has been very good at getting back people that might have gone for the 360 over the PS3 too so I can't imagine many people who like the franchise are on the X1. Also the install base is half of what it is on the PS4.

Theonik

It could be native 4k60, possibility is there, more players can enjoy a Crash game so all good either way.
No way on both counts. You might get 2160c at 30 fps but native 4K is probably not going to be possible for this game and 60 FPS much less so.

PC on the other hand...

Rymuth

You'll get Pitfall 3D and you'll like it, dammit.

Either that or Bruce Willis' Apocolypse.

51BT0D3sl7L._SX385_.jpg

kyser73

This game really seems to have taken off with the casual crowd.

I'm seeing Crash tweets and Facebook posts from people I didn't even know played video games.

Is there really that much latent Crash nostalgia in our society?

The PS1 expanded the video gaming audience more than any home console before it. It reinvigorated sales to an audience who had previously dismissed gaming once they'd grown past 14 (and who are still Sony's core audience) and drew in lots of new demographics.

Crash was a banner mascot for the system, so when you contextualise it in its historical place yes, there is likely a lot of Crash nostalgia.

I say this as a 22 year-long UK Sony fan who has never enjoyed a crash game.

jmartoine

Sold out on Amazon and Shopto.

Our of stock physically everywhere around me, might just wait until it is back in and finish off Horizon rather than buying it digitally.

dealer-

Sold out on Amazon and Shopto.

Our of stock physically everywhere around me, might just wait until it is back in and finish off Horizon rather than buying it digitally.

Just reserved a copy for £27.99 at Smyths for collection tonight. Still 8 left in stock at the Bristol store. Maybe available elsewhere if there is one near to you.

jmartoine

Just reserved a copy for £27.99 at Smyths for collection tonight. Still 8 left in stock at the Bristol store. Maybe available elsewhere if there is one near to you.

Thanks. Nearest Smyths is 25 miles away and my local GAME shut down about a month ago. Best bet I've got will be HMV.

Mr. Sam

I'm not sure why people are angry at a game selling well but maybe I just don't come over to the gaming side often enough.

I did consider picking up a copy but that seems unlikely now, especially at its original price.

Goofy

Already up to to 46th on the US Charts (from 51th), despite being backordered tor 1-2 months.

Will be interesting to see how fast it shoots to the top once in stock.

Dr. A

I'm so happy with this news! The game is fantastic, the most fun I've had since BOTW. These kind of sales almost certainly prove to publishers that 3D/2.5D platformers are still a major seller!

Brace yourself, fanboys are coming. :D

In all seriousness though, Crash is obviously resonating with folks and that's a good thing. I myself am surprised at the thirst.

EvB

Really?

I wonder why they called that list "Bestsellers" if it isn't based on sales.

There are also predictive algorithms involved in Amazon's BSR.
As a snapshot it's not the best indication of sales, but now it has been sitting there for a few days (and the rank is updated hourly) it's really clear how successful it has been

The 2017 list, may not be affected by the BSR and could be based purely on sales, I missed that in the OP.

bombshell

There are also predictive algorithms involved in Amazon's BSR.
As a snapshot it's not the best indication of sales, but now it has been sitting there for a few days (and the rank is updated hourly) it's really clear how successful it has been

The 2017 list, may not be affected by the BSR and could be based purely on sales, I missed that in the OP.

LOL

So in your haste to spread FUD with your first post in this thread, that you never returned to back up when I asked you for proof, it turns out you didn't even understand what the thread is about from neither the thread title or the short OP. Good job.

Fiendcode

The game is going to tank on XB1.
Probably but I think it could do pretty well on Steam and Switch if it makes it to either.

The PS1 expanded the video gaming audience more than any home console before it. It reinvigorated sales to an audience who had previously dismissed gaming once they'd grown past 14 (and who are still Sony's core audience) and drew in lots of new demographics.

Crash was a banner mascot for the system, so when you contextualise it in its historical place yes, there is likely a lot of Crash nostalgia.

I say this as a 22 year-long UK Sony fan who has never enjoyed a crash game.
Globally I'd say NES/Famicom did more in terms of market expansion and creation. PS1 is a strong second though and can be credited with really driving consoles in Europe specifically.

Genuinely really surprised by this. I hadn't paid too much attention but just recall some fans of the classics being dismissive of Crash's redesign and certainly didn't detect a lot of hype/interest.

I wonder how the Knack team feels

True Fire

Globally I'd say NES/Famicom did more in terms of market expansion and creation. PS1 is a strong second though and can be credited with really driving consoles in Europe specifically.

NES/Famicom are old though, and their fans have been pandered to for a decade. 90s kids are starting careers, have disposable income, and are dying for nostalgic properties. Now is the perfect time for remakes of anything 1995 to 2000.

Genuinely really surprised by this. I hadn't paid too much attention but just recall some fans of the classics being dismissive of Crash's redesign and certainly didn't detect a lot of hype/interest.

I wonder how the Knack team feels

I'd imagine they are pretty happy as it grows the potential audience for Knack 2.

LOL

So in your haste to spread FUD with your first post in this thread, that you never returned to back up when I asked you for proof, it turns out you didn't even understand what the thread is about from neither the thread title or the short OP. Good job.

hahaha, busted. too funny.

Floody

I wonder if it will be repeated when it comes out on the Xbox One.

No way it'd be as big, PS4 would have stolen a lot of it's sales due to releasing way earlier and would have significantly outsold it regardless, but wouldn't be too shocked if it still was one of the Xbox's best sellers for the year (especially if it release early next year instead of very late this year).

Top Bottom