• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Glad i was able to get a pre-order in on this and the Master edition before i went to bed even thought i don't think i would have a problem finding one in stores week of launch. Peace of mind is nice though.

Zelda alone was the system seller for me.

Izayoi

Banned
Glad i was able to get a pre-order in on this and the Master edition before i went to bed.

Although i don't think there will be a huge shortage of the Switch this year considering the reaction to the price, online price and voip.
You might be surprised.

This order page is staying up quite a while. Don't know if that's a positive that they have stock or a negative that they are overselling.

Glad i was able to get a pre-order in on this and the Master edition before i went to bed.

Although i don't think there will be a huge shortage of the Switch this year considering the reaction to the price, online price and voip.

I don't expect there to be long-term, but even the least successful consoles are tough to find in their first month or so on the market.

JMY86

Preordered. I have a feeling I will cancel it though. $375 just to play Zelda seems insane right now. We shall see though I have time to mull it over...

robotrock

Banned

Nintendo is gonna just cap off the preorders after tomorrow and that's going to be the only allotment of Switch units until November

Just ordered one. I now have an Amazon UK and an Amazon US order (I live in the UK). Amazon US won't ship to the UK, so it's shipping to a friend to then ship to me. Most of my systems are NTSC-U. I need to know more about the region free before deciding which one to keep. My NNID is a US one.

Balb

I can see some of the accessories like the Pro Controller being scarce around launch. Would like to get a pre-order in somewhere.

Maengun1

Awesome, pre-ordered. I was torn between grey and colored joycons, so I guess I'll just take what I get lol.

And IIRC amazon doesn't charge until the item ships so plenty of time to reconsider if you want, no harm in securing one now.

TriGen

Got one. Now here is go hoping the treehouse stream still has some more launch window games to announce. From what we know how it looks pretty sparse.

I feel the same. I'm hoping Treehouse, plus press coverage of the NY event makes me feel better about it. I might be hyped like crazy for Zelda but I do have a Wii U. I pre-ordered because I know over the next couple months the hype levels may rise and its good to be prepared and not kicking yourself.

RikuDawn

Want the colored joy cons but there was no kind of option. I hope I can edit my order or something later if they add the option to choose your color.

Think these will sell out? I want one but am very dry from this Christmas. I won't have the money until about two weeks after launch, but I don't want to get scalped. How much do y'all think these will be going for on eBay once they're sold out?

Think these will sell out? I want one but am very dry from this Christmas. I won't have the money until about two weeks after launch, but I don't want to get scalped. How much do y'all think these will be going for on eBay once they're sold out?

Easily twice the MSRP.

AgeEighty

What the fuck

All digital was supposed to be an issue because of ISPs, not because of dumb console manufacturers.

It's so they don't create an imbalance between the docked and undocked experiences.

If you can add a drive to the dock and add games to it, once you pull the system out of the dock your games are gone until you plug back in. A lot of regular consumers would probably be frustrated by that.

Source? Besides rumors
That just genuinely looks like the cap on most micro-sd cards. Beyond that everything is incredibly expensive as far as I can tell.

It's so they don't create an imbalance between the docked and undocked experiences.

If you can add a drive to the dock and add games to it, once you pull the system out of the dock and your games are gone until you plug back in. A lot of regular consumers would probably be frustrated by that.
If that's their reason, that's dumb as hell.

No way I'm using this as a portable device with its horrid battery life.

//DEVIL//

I ordered as soon as I saw this thread when it was 4 replies only. I come back 10 minutes later and its 4 pages already lol.

I actually ordered 2 on 2 different account in case one doesn't go thro ( my card is maxed for now lol )

AgeEighty

If that's their reason, that's dumb as hell.

No way I'm using this as a portable device with its horrid battery life.

I understand, but that's the concept of the device. Goes with the territory.

I'm a physical game type of person, so I'm going to be getting carts anyway.

Ryoku

Seriously? Did the same happen for the Wii U despite that console moving nothing?

Think I should pre-order on Amazon while I got the chance with my girl's card?

I don't remember how much it was going for outside of retailers at launch, but the Wii U didn't have a weak launch in terms of sales.

Seriously? Did the same happen for the Wii U despite that console moving nothing?

IIRC, the Wii U was tough to find in its first month, especially the Deluxe model. Really there's no way of knowing for certain.

I'd say if you want the system within the first month of its release, I would definitely pre-order.

Meffer

I recall scalpers getting hosed when the WiiU didn't sell well enough and were stuck with multiple units. But yeah the same happened with the WiiU. Scalpers prey on Nintendo stuff.

Polarbear

Banned
I recall scalpers getting hosed when the WiiU didn't sell well enough and were stuck with multiple units. But yeah the same happened with the WiiU. Scalpers prey on Nintendo stuff.

Kind of unrelated but they got fucked on the Final Fantasy XV UCE. Xbox One version went for the exact same as selling price, PS4 version maybe only $50 more. Just thought it was funny because when it went on sale in September people figured it would be huge on the scalper market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom