• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm when it gives you the pre-order add to cart once you do that are you good. It s my cart do I have to pay or something?

You need to actually place the order. It sitting in your cart isn't the same as ordering it.

Amazon doesn't charge until it ships.

styl3s

You might be surprised.
I was able to get a 360, XB1, PS3/4, wii and wii-U all on launch by walking into a retail store. The only thing I haven't been able to get is a NES classic and that's why I wanted that security by pre-ordering. After how the NES classic went I have a feeling people here are gonna scalp them and when they do I hope it backfires like the Wii U scalpers

Meffer

Kind of unrelated but they got fucked on the Final Fantasy XV UCE. Xbox One version went for the exact same as selling price, PS4 version maybe only $50 more. Just thought it was funny because when it went on sale in September people figured it would be huge on the scalper market.

I love it when scalpers get screwed over. Karma.

I was able to get a 360, XB1, PS3/4, wii and wii-U all on launch by walking into a retail store. The only thing I haven't been able to get is a NES classic and that's why I wanted that security by pre-ordering. After how the NES classic went I have a feeling people here are gonna scalp them and when they do I hope it backfires like the Wii U scalpers

It's not impossible to get consoles on launch by just walking into a store, but it's definitely not the standard.

Pantz

Did I already miss the boat for the BOTW Master edition or is it just not open for orders yet? They have it at Gamestop but I've boycotted them for the past 10 years.

Polarbear

Banned

It's kind of impossible to backfire on Amazon with their 30 day refund policy.

AgeEighty

You missed it.

Phew, I just ordered mine a few minutes ago.

hat-grab_fdbc3aabf7ea3beb6b184e651698ac49.gif

//ARCANUM

Target still has Neon, might cancel my amazon order now that I just got a neon one from target

Warning: target is known for doing constant authorization charges leading up to the actual release, and sometimes banks will reject after seeing it for like the 10th time and then target cancels on you

linkent

Doesnt ship to singapore :(

Switch confirmed is region free right?
Wonder if it is ok to buy from Japan since i am going March.

Warning: target is known for doing constant authorization charges leading up to the actual release, and sometimes banks will reject after seeing it for like the 10th time and then target cancels on you

How weird, maybe I shouldnt have made that thread then -_-

I guess I will keep my amazon order as a precaution.

//DEVIL//

if you make an order and then you change the shipping option ( between free and paid shipment) do you lose your spot in the order ( you know, who come first etc )

I recall scalpers getting hosed when the WiiU didn't sell well enough and were stuck with multiple units. But yeah the same happened with the WiiU. Scalpers prey on Nintendo stuff.
Why though? Nintendo hasn't been doing too hot lately.

Outside of amiibos why do they go after Nintendo product?

AgeEighty

There's always enough initial demand for Nintendo products to cause sell-outs. It's later that it becomes an issue.

The same thing that happened with Wii U happened with PS3: scalpers had a ton of overstock they couldn't get rid of until months later. It's hard to predict these things.

So I'm pre-ordering this on Amazon for a friend who asked me to do this for him. He told me he won't have internet access for a few weeks. So I placed a pre-order on Amazon. The website says my order has been placed and I have an order number. So do I have a Switch pre-ordered now? This all feels way too easy

//DEVIL//

absolutely not

you sure ? I remember some people back in the ps4 pre order days were getting fucked over this ( well either this or changing payment options ) forgot which one it was and made them lose their preorder spot .

I remember reading something like that but not sure

Polarbear

Banned

There's always high demand of any console on launch week and rich people willing to pay whatever it takes, the lower the available stock the higher the price basically.

Uuuugh, so tempting but I'll have enough to tide me over until at least May, I know Nintendo seems to undership their products so hopefully if I decide to order one around then I won't have too much trouble getting one...

So I'm pre-ordering this on Amazon for a friend who asked me to do this for him. He told me he won't have internet access for a few weeks. So I placed a pre-order on Amazon. The website says my order has been placed and I have an order number. So do I have a Switch pre-ordered? This all feels way too easy

Long as you got a confirmation email you should be set to go!

Hip Hop

you sure ? I remember some people back in the ps4 pre order days were getting fucked over this ( well either this or changing payment options ) forgot which one it was and made them lose their preorder spot .

I remember reading something like that but not sure

Yeah, i think it was changing payment options

thefil

Geez, hope my preorder is still good 40 minutes late. Of course it went up right as I stopped refreshing to get ready for bed.

DMONKUMA

So I'm pre-ordering this on Amazon for a friend who asked me to do this for him. He told me he won't have internet access for a few weeks. So I placed a pre-order on Amazon. The website says my order has been placed and I have an order number. So do I have a Switch pre-ordered now? This all feels way too easy

You got the email? If so then you good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom