• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

All I need is the BOTW, and FE amigo, and I'm set for release. Well almost, since my BOTW copy will arrive 2 days after release. ;_;

I love how having notifications for this doesn't do shit. Literally doesn't tell you at all.

Amazon's notification is the worst notification service out there. I've got stuff from years ago that never went up.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm so sick of Nintendo's bullshit when it comes to hardware releases. I was able to get every damn non nintendo system at launch with a pre order or not.

Too bad I can't use text alerts with Nowinstock, and email alerts are always arriving too late for me.

Keeping notifications on for Wario64 can be so annoying when he starts tweeting none stop about stuff I don't care about.

Fireblend

Banned
Too bad I can't use text alerts with Nowinstock, and email alerts are always arriving too late for me.

Keeping notifications on for Wario64 can be so annoying when he starts tweeting none stop about stuff I don't care about.

Browser alerts were what saved me. I just had a pinned tab with them open at all times.

finalflame

I'm so sick of Nintendo's bullshit when it comes to hardware releases. I was able to get every damn non nintendo system at launch with a pre order or not.

Who's to say you won't be able to walk up to a brick and mortar store, stand in line, and still get a Switch on 3/3?

Last I remember, unless you pre-ordered a PS4 around E3 when they first went up, you weren't getting one at launch, and this craziness went on throughout the holidays. It was still hard to get them in January.

Kintaco

Damn I was with the nurse who was disconnecting my chemo, I wanted the Neon one too. I guess I'll stay with my gray pre-order.

Lee

Who's to say you won't be able to walk up to a brick and mortar store, stand in line, and still get a Switch on 3/3?

Last I remember, unless you pre-ordered a PS4 around E3 when they first went up, you weren't getting one at launch, and this craziness went on throughout the holidays. It was still hard to get them in January.

Same with Xbox One unless you got lucky. Needed a preorder for Day One.

SalvaPot

Yeah but they can only order one unless they're willing to pay for Prime on multiple accounts, no?

With one Prime membership you can have two different accounts, and you can order from both.

So they could have at least two.

In the case of the master edition, for example, you could get 3 per account, so that is 6 orders if you are fast enough.

Also, they can sign up for free prime trial if they are fast enough, they can do it beforehand too if they are expecting something to go out on sale.

Neoweee

Yeah but they can only order one unless they're willing to pay for Prime on multiple accounts, no?

That's the big filter, IMO. Good if they're doing that.

I'm still not convinced the system is genuinely selling out due to pure interest. A region-free, simultaneous, global release is going to be extremely prone to regional scalping and shortages.

DarkKyo

Grey came in two waves on Amazon didn't it? Once at 3 AM and then the next day at 11 AM?

*shrug* Maybe there's another wave coming for Neon.

Spy

The moment I take my eyes off GAF, it goes up. I preordered the gray one on Amazon for my little brother but wanted to get a Neon preorder in for myself on the chance I'm not able to find another gray Switch.

mutsu

Starting to get mad at Nintendo...

Why? Scalpers are the real problem. Ramping a major product launch is not easy, and I'm sure Nintendo would love to make more for initial launch if possible. It's all a tough balancing act of supply and demand, as well as getting enough components and meeting deadlines etc.

PSFan

Why? Scalpers are the real problem. Ramping a major product launch is not easy, and I'm sure Nintendo would love to make more for initial launch if possible. It's all a tough balancing act of supply and demand, as well as getting enough components and meeting deadlines etc.

Bullshit! Nintendo has done crap like this with every one of their consoles since the NES. I remember reading in Nintendo Power when the SNES was coming out, even then they were saying their new console would be available in limited supply initially. And then pretty much the same thing for N64 and Gamecube as well.

How come after all that time Nintendo still can't launch new hardware without having some sort of issue preventing them from having a normal availabiliy when it launches? They should have gotten their shit together on console launches a long time ago.

Thabass

Bah, missed the Neon Switch. Oh well, I still have a normal Switch pre-ordered. I'll buy the Joycons separately soon. I also got to pre-order the Pro Controller today.

Hype!

People need to learn to start following Wario64 on Twitter if they want instant notifications for hard to find items. Thanks to him I have a Gray Switch, a Neon Switch, and 6 Pro Controllers for preorder (2 controllers likely will be cancelled).

Truth. The man is like some sort of crazy deal sharing robot. I've spent way more money on games (but at great prices!) since I started following him.

finalflame

Wednesday on Amazon. Like an hour ago on Best Buy.

It was up on GameStop and Best Buy today. GameStop sold out, but not sure about Best Buy. I got it at Best Buy. (Shipping only)

Nice, thanks guys! Just ordered 2 Pros on BB and also got 2 charging grips for both my sets of Joy-Cons, for 4-player MK8 Deluxe shenanigans in April :)

Istaerion

I was kind of hoping there would be in-store pickup for the Pro controller. Guess I'll just keep my Amazon preorder.

There's release date delivery for Best Buy whereas Amazon is still guesswork. I'm willing to bet Amazon isn't release date delivery with accessories.

Put a Switch pre-order and Pro Controller pre-order up in the B/S/T thread if anyone is interested, not looking to make money off them, just hoping they can go to someone who really wants one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Put a Switch pre-order and Pro Controller pre-order up in the B/S/T thread if anyone is interested, not looking to make money off them, just hoping they can go to someone who really wants one.

You are a scholar and a gentleman/woman. Those scalper prices in there are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom