• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

Sorry for bump.

Anyways, where are people discussing peripherals and accessories, etc?

I went with a pair of these (will go on the neon set) joystick grips. I don't typically like them but I think these look cool, and I like the circle guard that goes around it. I think it'll look fine on the neon controllers. Can only buy 2 blues, or 2 reds, so I'm not buying 2 sets of them for that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUAO202/?tag=neogaf0e-20

For the case I went with the HORI Tough Pouch. Is that what most people are going with, for their first case? I wanted something that was a bit rugged. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR63I6F/

Any other thing that would be considered mandatory? Will mainly use it as a console, occasionally portable though.

I'm not a fan of PDP as all their products seem to have this cheap quality look and feel to them. Aside from that, I just don't think the Joy-Cons need a grip attachment since all accounts seem to label them as pretty firm and especially so with the straps attached.

As for the case discussion, it's definitely a matter of preference, but Hori and RDS Industries seem to be the best choice when it comes to protection offered in their hard cases. I personally like RDS Industries and preordered this.

drotahorror

I'm not a fan of PDP as all their products seem to have this cheap quality look and feel to them. Aside from that, I just don't think the Joy-Cons need a grip attachment since all accounts seem to label them as pretty firm and especially so with the straps attached.

As for the case discussion, it's definitely a matter of preference, but Hori and RDS Industries seem to be the best choice when it comes to protection offered in their hard cases. I personally like RDS Industries and preordered this.

Word, I think you're right about the grips, I'm gonna cancel them. Thanks for the case rec, I'ma cancel mine and grab one of those, much cooler.

Istaerion

Saw that one, would maybe go that route but I don't believe they'll be available at launch. I am signed up to their newsletter though.

It's possible it's out for launch, but I also doubt it in some ways. The other downside for many is the fact that Waterfield is expensive. The quality is absolutely top-tier, but not a lot of folks are looking to invest $60+ in a case for their system especially if they're not on the go frequently with said item.

Right now, I'm settling with a case from RDS Industries that looks pretty durable all the while practical for $19.99. I'm expecting the Switch Waterfield case to range from $60 to $80 if not more due to the dimensions and the accessory options they seem to be looking to design for.

Istaerion

I know they make some bottom tier headphones.

Cancelled the grips from them, I've wasted like $30 on grips and never liked any of them, not sure why I thought these would be different.

Grips are generally fluff items to be sure. The only grip item I would ever consider for the Switch would be these. They're only useful if you plan on using each Joy-Con as a separate controller though.

Sorry for bump.

I went with a pair of these (will go on the neon set) joystick grips. I don't typically like them but I think these look cool, and I like the circle guard that goes around it. I think it'll look fine on the neon controllers. Can only buy 2 blues, or 2 reds, so I'm not buying 2 sets of them for that.

I had their gel grip for the PSP, it was good.

The Joy Cons look comfortable as they are, but it wouldn't hurt to have that extra bit of bulk the grips provide.

WadeitOut

That awkward moment when people bashing PDP don't realize they make the Zelda case in their ME.

I went with the official case which is basically the same thing as the Hori tough pouch sans dimples.

komorebi

Dang, I just applied Gift Card credit to my order of the neon joy-cons set and charge cradle/grip. My release date shipping went bye bye.

It might untangle itself. This just happened to me with my Gravity Rush 2 preorder. Lost release day shipping and then it was fixed and arrived like it was supposed to.

Then again this is Switch stuff...

That awkward moment when people bashing PDP don't realize they make the Zelda case in their ME.

I went with the official case which is basically the same thing as the Hori tough pouch sans dimples.

Does the official case have slots for cartridges? I thought it did t while the Hori case does.

WadeitOut

Does the official case have slots for cartridges? I thought it did t while the Hori case does.

A lot of people spread that false information about it because it lets you prop the tablet up. It holds 5 carts just like the Hori one. In fact they are basically identical internally except the flap is attached on different sides of the case inside.

brad-t

A lot of people spread that false information about it because it lets you prop the tablet up. It holds 5 carts just like the Hori one. In fact they are basically identical internally except the flap is attached on different sides of the case inside.

Really? I didn't see space for cartridges in any of the product photos of the official one, which is why I went with the hard case.

WadeitOut

Really? I didn't see space for cartridges in any of the product photos of the official one, which is why I went with the hard case.

Assuming you mean "hori case" since the are both hard cases. And there are no official photos of the inside. And the official Nintendo Japan pages specifically says it hold 5 carts.

The carts obviously go in the flap propping up the tablet. In the exact same way the Hori case does.

plidex

Dang, I just applied Gift Card credit to my order of the neon joy-cons set and charge cradle/grip. My release date shipping went bye bye.

I accidentally applied gift card credit to my order of blue joycons, I had to cancel the order to remove the gift card credit. I obviously knew that meant losing the preorder.

I hope they are available when Mario Kart releases.

jax

Banned
Sorry for bump.

For the case I went with the HORI Tough Pouch. Is that what most people are going with, for their first case? I wanted something that was a bit rugged. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR63I6F/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any other thing that would be considered mandatory? Will mainly use it as a console, occasionally portable though.

If you're going to cover the neon colors, why not just buy a grey Switch?

I'm grabbing that iPad-esque foldy case, plan on keeping the tablet portion of the Switch in my front pocket, and the joy con in pouches on my keychain.

WadeitOut

I'm grabbing that iPad-esque foldy case, plan on keeping the tablet portion of the Switch in my front pocket, and the joy con in pouches on my keychain.

Assuming you mean the folio case, there is a good chance you can't dock it with the case on it.

WadeitOut

In fairness, I didn't get my order in until it was live for almost 15 minutes already. Maybe we got back ordered?

Not too terribly worried about it, just hope it isn't too long after release if we do have to wait.

Nah I preordered mine before anyone even said anything on GAF and mine says the same thing. Probably just being updated in waves.

In fairness, I didn't get my order in until it was live for almost 15 minutes already. Maybe we got back ordered?

Not too terribly worried about it, just hope it isn't too long after release if we do have to wait.
I ordered mine before Wario64 tweeted about it, which I think was the time the majority of orders were placed.

Hip Hop

Decided to change my shipping speed of my Switch from regular (Which had my deliver set to March 9) to Two-Day Shipping and it seems like I will get it at launch. Says March 3rd now.

Did chat before the change and they told me I would get it guaranteed, but still, I hope there is no funky delays on it.

JaseMath

Yeah, see, I jumped on it immediately. We're talking within the first minutes of it being up.

The_Kid

I really want a sillicone or leather holder that just kind of goes all the way around the switch except for the joycons, sort of like an ipad case. I like to protect them completey lol.

drotahorror

It was an analog stick cover, the sticks on the neons are grey/black already. Those covers would have kept them grey/black. (not ordering them anyway) Unless I'm seeing things differently, looks like it's a gel-guard which I guess goes around the base of the stick (that circle around the stick does not exist on the normal joy-con) , and then they have the stick caps.

Also, beggars can't be choosers :p I ordered a neon because it's the only one I could get my hands on. I like it though, I have no beef with the grey one nor the neon one. Both are nice.

KevinG

My Pro Controller preorder still says Delivery Date Pending.

Am I SOL on getting a Pro Controller on release date, or is this across the board?

As does mine, and I grabbed my preorder in the middle of the window that they were available.

I just think Amazon is catching up and will update the delivery date as we get closer. Had this happen on many items over the years.

Why is everyone panicking over a Pro controller? lol

I know there weren't many (if any) preorders, but I'll
hopefully
just walk into a retail store on launch day and pick one up.

I was able to preorder my pro controller from my local Gamestop. If you're having trouble online I highly recommend heading to your store to see if they have some available

Does changing your payment method make you lose your place in line? I had to get a new card b/c fraud and literally have to update my payment method now.

Flandy

Can anyone confirm, whether Amazon US will put you in the back of the line, if you add an Amazon gift card to your switch order to pay it off. I know people have said Amazon in other regions, would reset their place in line if they paid off a pre order with a gift card

Istaerion

Can anyone confirm, whether Amazon US will put you in the back of the line, if you add an Amazon gift card to your switch order to pay it off. I know people have said Amazon in other regions, would reset their place in line if they paid off a pre order with a gift card

I've never seen it to be the case on Amazon US. If you're concerned, contact support and have them apply the credit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom