• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big N

Banned
They are all auto generated dates. Orzly has the same days out arrival date for basically anything you buy for them. I fully expect theirs to arrive a week or so later.

The date is usually determined by how far away you are from a distribution center. I live a few hours away from one in Illinois so they always ship the day before.
I don't live too far from you. In fact, I live within a half hour of the Joliet center. Mine also says March 1st, but I honestly just think its a placeholder meaning you'll get them on launch day.

For what its worth, my guess is Nintendo is sending all of Amazon's shipments to 1 location and Amazon will ship them from there.

Not sure about Amazon Canada, but is there a way to get the Switch on launch day?
Only options I see are 1-2 days shipping and longer ones...

I wanna take time off work for launch and just play Zelda.
Choosing 1 or 2-day shipping on video game titles usually means release day shipping. Once the product is updated it should say Free 2-day Prime shipping (if you have prime) and it will arrive on release day.

If you don't have prime 1 or 2 day shipping should also mean release date. For instance, I have release day prime shipping on my Switch and its estimated shipping date is March 1st. So if you order 1-2 day shipping it should ship on the 1st and be at your address on the 3rd.

So I have a switch preorder in place, but I'd like to sub for prime for the discount on Breath of the Wild and free shipping. Does anyone know if subbing for prime would also apply the free shipping to my current switch preorder, and would there be a risk of it cancelling my preorder? I'm little worried cause of the all the stories I hear of peoples switch preorder being cancelled due to changes to the order.

RPGCrazied

How do you think the stock will be in July? Probably when I will jump in. I fear this is going to be the Wii all over again.

BFIB

So I have a switch preorder in place, but I'd like to sub for prime for the discount on Breath of the Wild and free shipping. Does anyone know if subbing for prime would also apply the free shipping to my current switch preorder, and would there be a risk of it cancelling my preorder? I'm little worried cause of the all the stories I hear of peoples switch preorder being cancelled due to changes to the order.

Does your switch order say release date guarantee? If so, you should be fine on that order. I would expect there to be enough copies of Zelda that if you sign up for Prime and order it you should be OK.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
How do you think the stock will be in July? Probably when I will jump in. I fear this is going to be the Wii all over again.

Hard to say. I'm guessing (and nothing more than a guess) it will be more like PS4 where it's hard to find for 2-3 months after launch, but pretty readily available their after. It doesn't seem to have that market expanding killer app like Wii Sports to keep it flying off shelves after the diehard Nintendo/Zelda crowd gets theirs. MK8 probably won't spike sales much as it's a port, so Splatoon 2 would be the next thing that could have it selling out for a while and that doesn't' have a firm date yet.

Does your switch order say release date guarantee? If so, you should be fine on that order. I would expect there to be enough copies of Zelda that if you sign up for Prime and order it you should be OK.

Well, my switch is scheduled to be delivered on release day, however I don't see anything about a guarantee. I'm only paranoid that subbing to prime might throw the preorder out of wack if it automatically changes the shipping from paid to free, since others have had theirs cancelled from small changes.

Everytime I see this thread update... I run to Amazon like...

qEnb8U.gif
Same...

BFIB

Well, my switch is scheduled to be delivered on release day, however I don't see anything about a guarantee. I'm only paranoid that subbing to prime might throw the preorder out of wack if it automatically changes the shipping from paid to free, since others have had theirs cancelled from small changes.

If anything, you could chat w/ support to make sure on that end.

Will I be able to put a tempered glass screen protector on it? I don't want to buy it and then find out it shattered when docking it.

Seeing how easily it slides in and out of the dock, you should be fine. I plan to put a dbrand skin on mine with an embroidered badge on the back of the console and the front of the dock. I might be out of luck there. I think there's probably just under 2mm of space between the dock and console on both sides, I'm guessing.

Otnopolit

Go to Best Buy's online for the Pro controller, got one this morning on pre order, shipping day of release which is March 3rd according to them.

Mudron

Dumb question, but when's the latest you guys recommend cancelling Walmart or Best Buy pre-orders for the Switch?

I also have the Switch pre-ordered at Amazon, but a few friends have expressed interest in the pre-orders I have with Walmart & Best Buy, and I was wondering when I should be all "Okay, you in or you out?" about those.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Dumb question, but when's the latest you guys recommend cancelling Walmart or Best Buy pre-orders for the Switch?

I also have the Switch pre-ordered at Amazon, but a few friends have expressed interest in the pre-orders I have with Walmart & Best Buy, and I was wondering when I should be all "Okay, you in or you out?" about those.

In regards to selling to friends..about ... now. Unless that is you have enough room on your Credit card(s) that you won't mind just returning one or having extras charged to you until you sell them.

KevinG

Just bought a gift card to pay off my Switch with Amazon, but just wanted to confirm with other Amazon US customers who've applied gift cards, this has not changed your order status, correct?

I know some of you had them apply it through Customer Service / chat, but I did this gift card thing with my PS4 pre-order in 2013, and had no issues. Obviously I'm a tad Leary that I'll lose my order.

judhudson

Just bought a gift card to pay off my Switch with Amazon, but just wanted to confirm with other Amazon US customers who've applied gift cards, this has not changed your order status, correct?

I know some of you had them apply it through Customer Service / chat, but I did this gift card thing with my PS4 pre-order in 2013, and had no issues. Obviously I'm a tad Leary that I'll lose my order.

Nope, I've been doing that constantly since I've had it pre-ordered. In fact, applying 2 cards tonight to finish it off. You'll be fine.

When is Amazon likely to charge my card?

More than likely come March 1st when they ship it out.

KevinG

Nope, I've been doing that constantly since I've had it pre-ordered. In fact, applying 2 cards tonight to finish it off. You'll be fine.

Im loading up my Amazon gift card balance so nothing funky happens when its go time.

That's why I'm doing it. Don't want my bank to flag the transaction as fraudulent for some random and insane reason.

Just applied my gift card to the Switch and what was left over to Master Edition. The bank won't be notified or involved at all with my Switch preorder.

Mediking

I guess I'm in the coping stage of not being able to get a Switch.... because now I'm thinking that surely Nintendo must be ready to announce cool looking Switch editions at E3.... right?!

I just finished paying mine off with gift cards. Everything is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom