• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: X1 AC Bundle + 50$ gift card 349$

Rafterman

Banned
Yeah, but correct me if I am wrong, there has never been a time when consoles are selling for half of what they launched one year prior.

And they still aren't.

The Xbone is $50 cheaper than it was at launch. You can't count free games as part of the consoles cost, and you certainly can't count Kinect, which doesn't come with this system.

So thats why it shot up the charts. MS is trying to gain back the entire sales gulf in one month. Makes me think they just might raise the price back up in Janurary.

Then what would they do if Sony cuts their price next year? <$300 bundles with extra games/gift cards for free?

I sure hope so.

Moohan

Banned
Thanks! Might actually pull the trigger, though I would have really liked that white Sunset Over drive bundle. Probably should have jumped on it when it was available.

No problem. Yeah I absolutely agree that the SSOD bundle would be an even easier choice (and I think it would sell even more than the AC bundle); but I think MS invested heavily with Ubisoft on these codes and probably still has stockpiles of them. Plus MS can argue/advertise hey you are getting 2 games with the console whereas SSOD bundle you only get 1. Either way, I have had the console since launch.... love it... have easily gotten my moneys worth and I am definitely jelly of anyone who has gotten it at these recent awesome price points.

Tmecha

Neo Member
Sorry if wrong thread, but in Australia I read that big w on boxing day will be selling the AC bundle for Au$388.

I recently got a PS4 and all these XB1 deals are making it hard not to pick it up as well. I don't really need it, but the deals are absolutely insane. The Target deal for instance, $70 gift card, and let's lowball it and say the AC:U game bundle is worth $40. At $350 for the bundle, it would mean that the XB1 only cost a $240.

Newegg might have everyone beat actually.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105119

$349.99 AC bundle + 1 year XBOX Live + $20 Newegg gift card. You can use coupon code "BITCOINXBOXONE" and checkout with bitcoin for an extra $50 off.

+$349.99 bundle
-$40.00 AC games
-$59.99 Xbox Live 1 year
-$50 Bitcoin code.
-$20 Newegg gift card
= $180 XB1 system.

See, I am looking at it with the exact opposite perspective. All these crazy deals are making it VERY easy not to pick it up. Just imagine next Holiday? The deals will probably be even crazier. Plus, some of these Xbox One deals now, are even better than Black Friday Deals. So people who may have felt during Black Friday "These deals are too good to pass up!" would have better deals if they would have waited a couple of weeks!

With how much the entry price of the Xbox One has dropped in just one year, plus, having 2 games added as well, I am just going to wait it out to see how much better it is going to get before jumping int.

Jomjom

Banned
Damnnnn those are some amazing deals. I'll definitely get one at $199 which I'm now certain wont be too long from now.

Also come on people saying they arent losing money on this. Get real of course they are. Yes they'll make it back eventually on games and subs but thats true even if they gave xboxes away for free.

LowSignal

This is a good deal but the MS store deal where you got the kinectless assassins creed bundle system for $350 plus your choice of two games was better.

The ps4 deal at gamestop with the camera and a game should be tempting to buyers too, It's good to see this competitive pricing, I can only imagine what the v2 models will cost in a year or two.

Nice deal but X1 would have to be 200 or less for me to buy one at this moment. I just cant justify it right now. Hopefully next holiday season will have even better deals.

Elandyll

Banned
And they still aren't.

The Xbone is $50 cheaper than it was at launch. You can't count free games as part of the consoles cost, and you certainly can't count Kinect, which doesn't come with this system.

No.

There was no "Kinect free" option at launch, hence the entry bar was $499, with 0 free game involved.

Now, outside of the super deals of Black Friday, for two months (and possibly also beyond that), you can find an XB1 for $349 ($150 below when it was introduced 11 months ago), which includes 2 free games (value around $100 MSRP).
That's a console whose "value" went from $499 to $249.
Now by adding (again, outside of Black Friday) an additional $50 gift card on top of that, we're looking at a $199 value, or a $300 downgrade, proposition within 11 months.

That's unprecedented, anyway you want to look at it.

Some will equate this to the PS3 going from $599 to $399+Spiderman movie in one year (from end of 2006 to end of 2007), but the situation is quite different:
1) Sony had no choice to sell at a loss, because they couldn't possibly sell the console at $800. Also, Blu-Ray.
2) People often conveniently forget that the PS3 was not "only" found in its $599 flavor. There was a 20Gb $499 model (which was replaced by the 40Gb FAT). So in effect the price reduction was $100.
3) Sony could afford it for a little while thanks to the very funds create by the PS division, thanks to the PS2 profits. It did end up impacting their finances overall though, big time.

Now, is it good for the consumers who were planning to buy an XB1 anyway?
Yes, Absolutely.

Is it a major $ bleed that is subbed by MS's other very profitable businesses like Windows and Office?
Yes, Absolutely.

If this is ok behavior, then what would prevent Facebook, Google or Apple tomorrow to make a box with $2000 worth of hardware, sell it at $200, provide free sotfware exclusives that they bought with a few million $ from what would normally have been 3rd party games, kill any competition and then create themselves a monopoly?

MS is being more coy about it, but that's been their MO since day 1.
They didn't create "Extend, Embrace and Extinguish" by mistake , after all.

Krakn3Dfx

7rYyT0G.jpg

PhatSaqs

Banned
No.

There was no "Kinect free" option at launch, hence the entry bar was $499, with 0 free game involved.

Now, outside of the super deals of Black Friday, for two months (and possibly also beyond that), you can find an XB1 for $349 ($150 below when it was introduced 11 months ago), which includes 2 free games (value around $100 MSRP).
That's a console whose "value" went from $499 to $249.
Now by adding (again, outside of Black Friday) an additional $50 gift card on top of that, we're looking at a $199 value, or a $300 downgrade, proposition within 11 months.

That's unprecedented, anyway you want to look at it.

Some will equate this to the PS3 going from $599 to $399+Spiderman movie PS3 in one year (from end of 2006 to end of 2007), but the situation is quite different:
1) Sony had no choice to sell at a loss, because they couldn't possibly sell the console at $800. Also, Blu-Ray.
2) People often conveniently forget that the PS3 was not "only" found in its $599 flavor. There was a 20Gb $499 model (which was replaced by the 40Gb FAT). So in effect the price reduction was $100.
3) Sony could afford it for a little while thanks to the very funds create by the PS division, thanks to the PS2 profits. It did end up impacting their finances overall though, big time.

Now, is it good for the consumers who were planning to buy an XB1 anyway?
Yes, Absolutely.

Is it a major $ bleed that is subbed by MS's other very profitable businesses like Windows and Office?
Yes, Absolutely.

If this is ok behavior, then what would prevent Facebook, Google or Apple tomorrow to make a box with $2000 worth of hardware, sell it at $200, provide free sotfware exclusives that they bought with a few million $ from what would normally have been 3rd party games, kill any competition and then create themselves a monopoly?

MS is being more coy about it, but that's been their MO since day 1.
They didn't create "Extend, Embrace and Extinguish" by mistake , after all.
whaa.gif

Raist

Banned
They make money off of Gold and game purchases on these customers over the generation. Not sure why people always look at hardware profit margins as something significant. Extremely short sighted.

Selling HW at a big loss and hoping for the best with future SW/service revenues sure did wonders for Sony last gen.

If they lose $100, that's 3-4 games needed to make the money back (not even factoring in the fact that devs need to be paid, too). It's even worse when you can get bundles with 3-4 games for free, because that's a big dent in the average tie ratio already.

NolbertoS

Good on MS, selling Xbox One's at cheaper rate or loss. Doubt they'll raise the price of there consoles, unless they want to be beaten left and right by Sony sales. Like othere are saying by continually dropping the price, MS is losing selling competitiveness as more people will think every sale, MS is getting more desperate anf slashing. It was good the first time it was slashed but repeatedly slashin pricing doesn't go well with consumers long term, as they'll just wait it out for the next bigger discount. Sales 101 right there, GAF.

SerTapTap

I recently got a PS4 and all these XB1 deals are making it hard not to pick it up as well. I don't really need it, but the deals are absolutely insane. The Target deal for instance, $70 gift card, and let's lowball it and say the AC:U game bundle is worth $40. At $350 for the bundle, it would mean that the XB1 only cost a $240.

Newegg might have everyone beat actually.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105119

$349.99 AC bundle + 1 year XBOX Live + $20 Newegg gift card. You can use coupon code "BITCOINXBOXONE" and checkout with bitcoin for an extra $50 off.

+$349.99 bundle
-$40.00 AC games
-$59.99 Xbox Live 1 year
-$50 Bitcoin code.
-$20 Newegg gift card
= $180 XB1 system.

Is there some reasonable way to checkout with bitcoin without having bitcoin? That does sound pretty appealing beyond having to deal with Bitcoin

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm so close to biting.

I would be buying it to play Forza Horizon, Sunset Overdrive and D4.

I don't know if I can justify it. Looking forward, a lot of the "exclusives" look like they'll have PC versions as well. And there are rumors of Sunset Overdrive on PC as well.

Why can't this be a Forza or Overdrive bundle? I already own both AC games on PS4.

SerTapTap

I'm so close to biting.

I would be buying it to play Forza Horizon, Sunset Overdrive and D4.

I don't know if I can justify it. Looking forward, a lot of the "exclusives" look like they'll have PC versions as well. And there are rumors of Sunset Overdrive on PC as well.

Why can't this be a Forza or Overdrive bundle? I already own both AC games on PS4.

We're in the same boat exactly. Though I already have FH2 and Halo due to the MS store glitch. Really disappointed they chose AC over SO for these, and made the SO bundle super limited. Not just because I wanted to buy it, but because it was a really cool experiment and something really unique they could be offering as a platform, instead they have an old asscreed game and a broken asscreed game.

Yep, that one of the most volatile currencies out there ;). Its like getting a deal because you pay in rubble ;)

The inherent problem of Bitcoin is I am literally afraid if I buy $X in Bitcoin to make a transaction that it will no longer be worth $x by the time I attempt to checkout

QaaQer

Ok... so wait... a company trying to sell a product should NOT try to do whatever they can to get their product in the hands of the consumer to overcome negative feedback from a bad presentation? I am confused. Are you suggesting that MS should have just watched as the PS4 continued to outsell the Xbone on hype alone and not do anything about it?

No, I am not. They can do whatever it is they want, I do not care.

Still can't wrap my head around how putting a product on sale hurts the consumer in the long run. If Android never found a way to push the market and make much more affordable entry level smart phones, would we have the iPhone Android version, I mean iPhone 6 and 6 plus, that we have today? Doesn't seem to have "hurt the consumer" in that regard, unless of course you have small hands.

Android is a (kind-of) open source operating system made by an advertising company. Android is not a line of phones.

As for long term, distorted markets prevent rational investment, long term planning, and new entrants. All of that adds up to hurting consumers in the long run.

Btw... if BOTH consoles are significantly outpacing their predecessors and BOTH of those last gen consoles lead this current gen of consoles, why would one brand be "guaranteed" to have another console but the other wouldn't?

1) xobox isn't core to MS business. It's continued existence is depended on corporate strategy, not whether they make or lose money with the division. Since none of us knows their long term strat, x2 isn't guaranteed.

2) Sony's PS divsion is core. Since MS fucked up, it doesn't look like Sony will lose anything on PS this gen, which means they will be back for #5.

jfoul

Really tempted to buy this at Amazon since I have $130 in gift balance. I already have a PS4, Wii U, and a gaming PC with a bunch of games I still need to play.

Must resist the Riptor urges!

This fits my use case -VERY- well.

Waiting on trade-ins from Amazon
Just bought the Fire Phone, so I got a year of Prime
Need to spend money on new card to get huge cashback rewards
......oh no.

Yep. I do not why they choose this game of all games. It should have been there own game, Sunset or let buyers choose.

Choosing a third party game strengthens relations with third party developers since MS has to pay Ubisoft for each copy in this case. Assassin's Creed is also a far better selling franchise than any of their first party stuff besides Halo (which was broken in this case).

Chobel

LOL! Just when Sony started reacting... This blows everything SCEA is doing out of the fucking water.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
LOL! Just when Sony started reacting... This blows everything SCEA is doing out of the fucking water.

. . .and yet the barebones PS4 is number 5 on Amazons sales list. If you have a better product, people will buy it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
There's 4 bundles available for PS4.

Rank updates when you click on each of the bundles.

However it doesn't seem like there is a "barebones" option available with just the console. #5 is the two free digital games option.

Top Bottom