• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: X1 AC Bundle + 50$ gift card 349$

Dammit, these deals are killing me. If the Sunset Overdrive bundle hadn't been so limited, I'd be on board. I don't want any Assassin's Creed games.

thelastword

Banned
Wow, this is so strange that a once $500.00 console is now so competitive with it's pricing, you're basically getting the XBONE for $199.00 at target. $70 gift card, $60 ACU, $10 discount on second controller. That's a lot of bleeding.

What I want to know is how will MS try to sell the XBONE in January 2015. They may enjoy a sales lead in November and December but at too great a cost, No one is going to buy an XBONE at $350-400 in January after having been spoiled with these deals.

Ashtar

So I'm seriously considering getting this, for my wife for her birthday she said she would like to play MCC I wonder if I should go with Best buy instead since I have GC unlocked so the 50 will go further their.... at least in theory.
Edit: got it another controller , MCC, sunset, ACU and ACBF , the $50 GC and FH2 for 500
I've got problem
YG7iQFv.png

They make money off of Gold and game purchases on these customers over the generation. Not sure why people always look at hardware profit margins as something significant. Extremely short sighted.

If this was the case, with PS Plus being as popular as it is right now, why does Sony not simply do the same?

Because they are not in the postion to lose money, Microsoft is and so they are.

I see that lots of people are apparently worried about Microsoft's bottom line. Interesting.

This is how large retail chains get rid of the small mom and pop stores. Lowering their prices to the point where the competition can't sustain itself.

Now let me be clear, Sony isn't small by any stretch of the imagination, but that kind of strategy doesn't sit well with me. It's the easiest way for Microsoft to comepete without actually making much of an effort.

This is how large retail chains get rid of the small mom and pop stores. Lowering their prices to the point where the competition can't sustain itself.

Now let me be clear, Sony isn't small by any stretch of the imagination, but that kind of strategy doesn't sit well with me. It's the easiest way for Microsoft to comepete without actually making much of an effort.

So what are they supposed to do? Keep prices high even if their product isn't selling because some people feel bad for Sony?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, I got it. Had $100 gift card, brought it down to $200.

I have a question though:

I want to get Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive.

Where has the best deals on these? I'd really like to be all digital as well.

PhatSaqs

Banned

So Sony offering GTA Bundle with Free Camera was just a way for them to compete without actually making much effort or nah?

Damn MS going for the final blow for this holiday season

Where are deals for PS4 with gift cards? Is MS basically paying the retailers for the gift cards on these deals? It can't be retailers handing them out for free right?

Karak

Maybe Spensor is simply moving his "checkbook" as he called it from being able to buy a dev or devs to paying out the difference to get more gamers in the seats, more gold subs, and publishers seeing a closure of the gap. Wonder what this comes to financially. There are no currently accurate forcasts as to what these systems cost in bulk with volume deals from publishers for games sadly and its selling better than its predecessor. But interesting choice for sure by MS,

So Sony offering GTA Bundle with Free Camera was just a way for them to compete without actually making much effort or nah?

Tell me they didn't make much of an effort with the PS3. They stopped going for third party exclusives, and digged their way out of a hole with an amazing and diverse lineup of first and second party games. It went well thanks to the healthy ammount of investment made into their first party studios.Of course, a pricing strategy had to be in place for this to work, but it went hand and hand with the efforts I previously mentioned.

It's not like Sony doesn't fall back to using strategies that I don't agree with. It's that at least they seem to be more in the long run with the videogame industry as opposed to MS who seems more interested in other venues. That's probably why I take an issue with them, more so than Sony.

breakfuss

haha, no. They are buying market share.

In the long term, this kind of market distortion almost always bites consumers in the ass. I don't know if it will here, as consoles are kinda outdated and MS fucked up so bad at the beginning, Sony is guaranteed to have at least one more console.

But forcing the competition to operate at a loss in order stay competitive isn't something we should be hoping for long term.

source?

Please stop.

If this was the case, with PS Plus being as popular as it is right now, why does Sony not simply do the same?

Because they are not in the postion to lose money, Microsoft is and so they are.

Because they don't need to. They're selling tons at $399, why drop the price just to "win" a month or two?

And let's not forget, the PS4 is doing incredibly well in the rest of the world too, unlike the X1

Syrus

Banned
Ok, I got it. Had $100 gift card, brought it down to $200.

I have a question though:

I want to get Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive.

Where has the best deals on these? I'd really like to be all digital as well.

Sunset 35$ on amazon

This is literally how both Sony and Microsoft have operated since both entered the industry.
Far less so this generation because incurring losses on your hardware becomes very hard to recoup.
There's a reason why Sony and MS have been breaking even at launch this time around. They deliberately avoided past business models.

LOL! Just when Sony started reacting... This blows everything SCEA is doing out of the fucking water.
Offering a deal or two for very brief periods of time really isn't reacting all that much.

Offering a camera isn't reducing opportunity cost much because most people probably wouldn't have bought the camera anyway. It was probably a good way to clear inventory while adding value to their product.

These deals beat the extent of the PS4 deals because Microsoft needs to offer these deals. They have a stronger interest in gaining market share in the USA. The damage has been done. Sony has gained considerable market share over MS in the USA. That's all they needed to do to beat MS. Because the rest of the world isn't even close.

Miles X

haha, no. They are buying market share.

In the long term, this kind of market distortion almost always bites consumers in the ass. I don't know if it will here, as consoles are kinda outdated and MS fucked up so bad at the beginning, Sony is guaranteed to have at least one more console.

But forcing the competition to operate at a loss in order stay competitive isn't something we should be hoping for long term.

source?

This is so funny.

OT: MS have the money to burn, so lets hope they keep going.

Lynn616

Good price. Should have been $349 from launch.

Because they don't need to. They're selling tons at $399, why drop the price just to "win" a month or two?

And let's not forget, the PS4 is doing incredibly well in the rest of the world too, unlike the X1

How could we forget? You keep telling us about it.

Nander

Dammit, these deals are killing me. If the Sunset Overdrive bundle hadn't been so limited, I'd be on board. I don't want any Assassin's Creed games.

It's weird that the Sunset Overdrive bundle was so limited/in high demand in the US. Here in Sweden, it's still readily available and the last time I was in one of the major electronics stores they literally had piles of white XBOs.

That's a fair argument, but are you supporting the notion that Microsoft isn't losing alot of money with these prices? Because that was my main point.

Discusguy

Now Sony has to find a way to match these deals.

Sega did with the Saturn eventually when the PS1 launched $100 cheaper. Don't be like Sega and wait to long Sony.

People love cheaper consoles.

Now Sony has to find a way to match these deals.

Sega did with the Saturn eventually when the PS1 launched $100 cheaper. Don't be like Sega and wait to long Sony.

People love cheaper consoles.

I...don't think this is a comparable situation?

If anything, Microsoft would be Sega here

HardRojo

Panic mode deals are the best! I chose a bad time to quit my job :( Otherwise I'd have jumped on this (or the deals we have during Black Friday week) in a heartbeat. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good deal next year when I get an XBO.

That's a fair argument, but are you supporting the notion that Microsoft isn't losing alot of money with these prices? Because that was my main point.

They are but I'd wager it's worth it if it means getting a good install base going, at least in NA.

Good price. Should have been $349 from launch.

How could we forget? You keep telling us about it.

Well yea, it's not like it stops being true. Ignoring context helps nothing.

breakfuss

They are but I'd wager it's worth it if it means getting a good install base going, at least in NA.

Well yea, it's not like it stops being true. Ignoring context helps nothing.

I guess the point is why do you feel the need to mention it? This is a great deal. As a result X1 sales have picked up. Why are your feelings hurt over this?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wait WTF. Do they usually automatically give you the additional credit if they raise it on the day you purchased?

impact

Banned
$250 with $50 GC and some games released (mainly just Scalebound) is probably what it'd take to get me on board. Keep going lower MS.

Majmun

Xbox One console
AssCreed Unity
AssCreed BF
$70 credit

For only $349...

That's basically $200 for the console lol. Crazy.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Great deal. I got the Asscreed bundle plus free game bundle for black friday ( I sadly chose the Halo bundle) but I am still enjoying my X1. Although I still havent actually downloaded the AC games.....Been playing SO and GTA5.

I always thought I would go PS4 before X1 but there are just too many deals out there.

brennok

Neo Member
This deal is good for those who missed the Black Friday deal since it is essentially the same thing. $329 at Target with $50 giftcard vs $349 with a $70 credit.

If this was Sunset I think I would pick it up, but I just keep drawing a blank on what else I would pick up that I wouldn't prefer to play on PC.

This deal is good for those who missed the Black Friday deal since it is essentially the same thing. $329 at Target with $50 giftcard vs $349 with a $70 credit.

If this was Sunset I think I would pick it up, but I just keep drawing a blank on what else I would pick up that I wouldn't prefer to play on PC.

Really there isn't much. I got one this week and if you have a PC or PS4 the exclusive list isn't that great. Halo is a pass so that leaves Sunset as really the only worthwhile exclusive. I've heard good things about that downloadable title D4 and I'd like to try it, but not at $15. I'm probably going to sell it, but got it at a price too good to pass up.

breakfuss

Really there isn't much. I got one this week and if you have a PC or PS4 the exclusive list isn't that great. Halo is a pass so that leaves Sunset as really the only worthwhile exclusive. I've heard good things about that downloadable title D4 and I'd like to try it, but not at $15.

That's basically where I'm at with this. This is a goddamn fantastic deal but I already own a PS4 and I'm drawing blanks on what I'd want to exclusively play hre. Never been a Halo fan. Sunset looks pretty neat, I guess, but after that? idk. If I didn't have either console though I'd definitely seriously consider this.

bender

What time is it?
Ordered a Xbox One on the 9th for my nephews. Just chatted with Customer Support and they honored the $70 promotion. Neat!

Top Bottom