• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: X1 AC Bundle + 50$ gift card 349$

whaa.gif

lmao

classic gif response. I made the same facial expression.

brennok

Neo Member
That's basically where I'm at with this. This is a goddamn fantastic deal but I already own a PS4 and I'm drawing blanks on what I'd want to exclusively play hre. Never been a Halo fan. Sunset looks pretty neat, I guess, but after that? idk. If I didn't have either console though I'd definitely seriously consider this.

I don't own a console which is why I am considering it. I just feel like I am wasting my money since there isn't anything I am dying to play.

I haven't liked any of the wrestling games since THQ/AKI days and I tend to only enjoy striking in the UFC titles. They need a kickboxing game based off Glory. I don't play FPS games with a controller. About the only thing I see that I would be interested in are the Dynasty Warrior games because I used to enjoy those when I picked them up on clearance.

Yes? This is a forum about the video game industry.

Sure, but this is like worrying because Notch wants to buy a big new TV for his $70 mil mansion. He can afford it and Microsoft can afford to cut a few bucks off the price of a games console. Let's be realistic here.

rokkerkory

I recently got a PS4 and all these XB1 deals are making it hard not to pick it up as well. I don't really need it, but the deals are absolutely insane. The Target deal for instance, $70 gift card, and let's lowball it and say the AC:U game bundle is worth $40. At $350 for the bundle, it would mean that the XB1 only cost a $240.

Newegg might have everyone beat actually.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105119

$349.99 AC bundle + 1 year XBOX Live + $20 Newegg gift card. You can use coupon code "BITCOINXBOXONE" and checkout with bitcoin for an extra $50 off.

+$349.99 bundle
-$40.00 AC games
-$59.99 Xbox Live 1 year
-$50 Bitcoin code.
-$20 Newegg gift card
= $180 XB1 system.

This is insane!!!

jfoul

I'm so close to buying this. I have the Amazon Rewards card which would give me an additional $10.50 back.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
How do you buy with bitcoin though? Can I just buy one and apply it or something? I dunno how that shit works
You'd have to sign up at an exchange. With the way bitcoin is fluctuating it might not be worth the trouble.

No tax means that Newegg has the better deal.

boltz

Really tempted by this deal, but there's nothing I can't wait to play as I still have plenty of stuff on Steam to play. Not to mention I don't care about assassin's Creed.

J3ffro

If I bought the ACU bundle from Amazon 12 hours before this started do I have any chance of getting them to throw me a $70 credit, or do I just have bad timing?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If this process makes money then there's no reason for Sony to not do the same...

Well it really does. Apparently most selling game of Nov 2014 was on 10 year old hardware. Money these companies make from the ecosystem for entire generation is far far more than taking a 50$ right off in the beginning.

Sony can do the same, and they are some what trying. But they definitely cant go all in like Microsoft because Sony has to show some good numbers for the investors and Playstation is their brand which makes the most money. They cant afford to lose as much money right now compare to Microsoft. MS have lot of other profitable divisions which would easily cover the loss for this. But then again, in long term thinking it's not really a loss.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
If I bought the ACU bundle from Amazon 12 hours before this started do I have any chance of getting them to throw me a $70 credit, or do I just have bad timing?

I bought it about 4 hours before they changed it to 70. I asked support, and they gave me the 70.

Koeta

I told myself I wouldn't buy it till they had games I cared about, and then they went and put it to $70 amazon credit damnit lol

Now I own a Xbox One paperweight till Quantum Break comes out.

nannasin

Neo Member
I told myself I wouldn't buy it till they had games I cared about, and then they went and put it to $70 amazon credit damnit lol

Now I own a Xbox One paperweight till Quantum Break comes out.

load up killer instinct for free and play one of the best fighting games around.

Spend either 5 bucks for a month or 30 bucks for the year and get like 8 games from EA access to mess around with. One of the games may pique your fancy.

I guess the point is why do you feel the need to mention it? This is a great deal. As a result X1 sales have picked up. Why are your feelings hurt over this?

My feelings are far from hurt. I jumped on white X1 for SO and I've zero regrets. The reason I bring it up is that so many people seem to love pushing the "sony can't afford to" narrative whereas there's the very real possibility that they just don't want/need to when they're selling so damn well

You can get more or less the same deal on newegg (it's a 1 year XBL membership card and a $20 newegg gift card, so it comes out to around $60 value since you can get 1-year cards for ~$40, as opposed to $70 on amazon). It's only worth it if you'll use the 1-year membership card though.

So if you're in a state that charges sales tax on Amazon, I'd opt for the newegg deal to avoid the sales tax, which is about $30, meaning you come out $20 ahead give or take if opting for Newegg over Amazon and saving that extra $30 in sales tax.

You can keep the Ass Creeds and knock another 30 off the price, and you've got yourself a deal.

Put an ad on craiglist offering both Black Flag and Unity download codes for $60 and it'll probably sell quick. MAYBE let them haggle you down to $50.

Then you're basically getting the console without any games for $220-230.

Top Bottom