• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

God damnit! I have a $25 Best Buy giftcard that I found last week after forgetting that I got it for Christmas, and of course it's the only one that DOESN'T get one of these exclusives...I still don't have Meta Knight...:(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
kCbzTdG.jpg

Sauce. Probably gonna be huge sized so sorry, I'm on my phone right now.

dat central time zone

you're a good person for posting this

I know. But I also know GS employees are generally incompetent. Better safe than sorry

... Thanks for that. You wouldn't be wasting your time if you would have read any topics/resent posts about this that I and other 'incompetent' employees have made about the subject.

*rolls eyes*

Here's hoping these exclusives are handled much better this time. Target online was crap but in stores were mostly good. TRU was crap everywhere. Gamestop was good. Ugh.

Oh live in NY? Yeah I bet NWS will get them all again.

... Thanks for that. You wouldn't be wasting your time if you would have read any topics/resent posts about this that I and other 'incompetent' employees have made about the subject.

*rolls eyes*

I'd disagree with the previois statement. All the gamestop employees (6 or so) that have helped me with Amiibo and other stuff were more than knowledgeable and very helpful even though the Amiibo situation was probably stressing everyone out

atomsk

Party Pooper

*rolls eyes*

This is the same store that gutted the only copy of Virtues Last Reward... the one I preordered.

It's not a waste of time since I'm already out running other errands.

The Splatoon amiibo listing has gone up on Amazon. Not ready yet for pre ordering. Best bet to get them since GameStop will explode later.

So what would be the better option, try to hit a Gamestop and do web in-store, or just be ready at my computer. I'm worried trying to order them all at once is gonna fuck me in the long run D=

Don't wanna waste time and miss Ness.

*rolls eyes*

See the word "generally". I worked at Gamestop for 8 years and confirm that the employees are generally incompetent.

This is the same store that gutted the only copy of Virtues Last Reward... the one I preordered.

It's not a waste of time since I'm already out running other errands.

It is a waste of time because we already have the information. Everything that's gone out says they will only be doing the Ness preorders online or ship to store. They will not be doing them in store. There's many posts saying this, and even a GameStop employee responding to your post saying you're wasting your time.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It is a waste of time because we already have the information. Everything that's gone out says they will only be doing the Ness preorders online or ship to store. They will not be doing them in store. There's many posts saying this, and even a GameStop employee responding to your post saying you're wasting your time.

They are doing them in store. (via WIS)
At 2pm CST though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was under the impression they wouldn't do that for you in store. They wouldn't do it for me last time.

It's the same as the Majora's Mask thing or the Shulk re-issues, and has already been confirmed.
It's Web-in-Store stock that is separate from regular store (physical and online) stock.

It's Online or Web In Store (online order but done in the store) I have no idea if this is accurate or not but I do think that they have set aside orders for WIS outside of the normal gamestop.com stock as the bundle for Majoria's mask last week was sold out online asap but via Web in store it was still available more then a day later. Could have just gotten restocked of course but I didn't see it sell out like it was online and thats how I ended up getting one.

It's the same as the Majora's Mask thing or the Shulk re-issues, and has already been confirmed.
It's web in store stock that is separate from regular store (physical and online) stock.

That's aggravating, they wouldn't let me do that for both amiibo and the MM 3DS. Previous posts combined with my experience led me to believe you can't do it at all in store.

Apologies for being wrong then.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
^^Perhaps the employee didn't know about WIS ordering? They may have thought you wanted a regular online order done for you. Which would suck.

It's Online or Web In Store (online order but done in the store) I have no idea if this is accurate or not but I do think that they have set aside orders for WIS outside of the normal gamestop.com stock as the bundle for Majoria's mask last week was sold out online asap but via Web in store it was still available more then a day later. Could have just gotten restocked of course but I didn't see it sell out like it was online and thats how I ended up getting one.

That's correct.
Online orders and Web-In-Store orders are different.

I expect Online to sell out quick or be borked.
And WIS to last a bit longer.

akileese

^^Perhaps the employee didn't know about WIS ordering? They may have thought you wanted a regular online order done for you. Which would suck.

That's correct.
Online orders and Web-In-Store orders are different.

I expect Online to sell out quick or be borked.
And WIS to last a bit longer.

WIS is a giant clusterfuck because it's every single store in the entire country trying to hit the same site over and over again. It's not much better than online.

Why did Jigglypuff have to be a Target exclusive? My son's favorite is Jigglypuff and I said if there was ever a Jiggly Amiibo, we'd get it. Now those chances are shot to heck after watching the Rosalina debacle.

Boogiepop

So what's the deal with free shipping at each of the exclusive stores? Gamestop should still have that "saver" thing for orders $25 and up unless they're dicks and disable it again like they did for the MH4U New 3ds. Do Target and Toys R Us have anything, or am I going to have to bite the bullet on shipping costs?

Hate these exclusives, and of course the one I would've been fine with (Best Buy) is the one not to get one (not to say I wanted another one to be exclusive, but that the exclusives there are of course have to be other stores).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
WIS is a giant clusterfuck because it's every single store in the entire country trying to hit the same site over and over again. It's not much better than online.

I really don't know.
MM and the 3DS went fine for me just before they sold out.

This is the first time there's been a specific time and warning for WIS orders though. I can't recall the system buckling due to that before but this may happen.

Jrs3000

Every store in country is far less than the amount of people that will hit the website at 2.

So I updated all my GameStop, Target, and TRU info in my account and have them all signed in and ready to go when pre-orders go up. I'll be checking regularly, of course, but hopefully the LINE app is still being used and will notify me right away when Jiggly and Greninja go up. I've decided to do the walk in web order at GameStop and arrive an hour early, so I think I should be good for those six without much issue.

So I updated all my GameStop, Target, and TRU info in my account and have them all signed in and ready to go when pre-orders go up. I'll be checking regularly, of course, but hopefully the LINE app is still being used and will notify me right away when Jiggly and Greninja go up. I've decided to do the walk in web order at GameStop and arrive an hour early, so I think I should be good for those six without much issue.

Is GS doing the whole set at 2 or just Ness?

When i tried to order the Zelda XL it went out of stock while he was putting my order through.

When I did mine the guy was worried about this as well. This is why I'm just going to stick with online orders, because I can just sign in to my account and go.

Beckx

Were pre-orders for Robin/Lucina already done or are they going up today too?

I just need to come out of this with the Splatoon pack, Robin or Lucina, Palutena, and Pitoo. Got a safety order of the Splatoon pack at amazon.jp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom