• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

Why did Jigglypuff have to be a Target exclusive? My son's favorite is Jigglypuff and I said if there was ever a Jiggly Amiibo, we'd get it. Now those chances are shot to heck after watching the Rosalina debacle.

Target was pretty good with in-store distribution. Does it suck having to be up at 7AM to get to a store when they open at (or a few minutes before) 8AM? Well.. Yeah. But if it's the one he wants, I'd say it's worth it. =)

Were pre-orders for Robin/Lucina already done or are they going up today too?

I just need to come out of this with the Splatoon pack, Robin or Lucina, Palutena, and Pitoo. Got a safety order of the Splatoon pack at amazon.jp.
All Wave 4 pre-orders are going up at 3 EDT/12 PDT. I am going to double dip Best Buy and Amazon, plus all the retail exclusive BS ones.

Ignition365

Neo Member
So I updated all my GameStop, Target, and TRU info in my account and have them all signed in and ready to go when pre-orders go up. I'll be checking regularly, of course, but hopefully the LINE app is still being used and will notify me right away when Jiggly and Greninja go up. I've decided to do the walk in web order at GameStop and arrive an hour early, so I think I should be good for those six without much issue.

I thought about taking off work to do the same, but I decided it's not worth it. My wife is going to try to show up at 2 and I'm gonna try to hit the site at 2, if between the 2 of us we can't manage to get a single Ness, I'm out and done. All of the exclusives were fuster clucks here. TRU nearly had a riot when they only got 2 in stock, one of which was mine because I was dumb as duck lucky and managed to get an in store preorder before the manager tore up all the preorder cards. Gamestop had a lot of selling preorders to scalpers (as in I paid and preordered and my preorder was sold to someone who came in and bought EVERYONE'S preorders)... also pretty sure a guy got mugged or stabbed or something not too far from me. Target wasn't a horrible experience, but the only reason I got a Rosa was because I took off work and waited in line at 6am... which I'm not doing again.

^This stuff is the reason nobody is doing in store preorders any more.
They don't want those crazy amiibo people in their stores.

Target was pretty good with in-store distribution. Does it suck having to be up at 7AM to get to a store when they open at (or a few minutes before) 8AM? Well.. Yeah. But if it's the one he wants, I'd say it's worth it. =)

They were good about in-store distribution, but our local Target has employees that are purchasing them before they go live to the public. Frustrating!

So w-wait I'm not sure I understand. If I go into GameStop will they let me do web in store to ship to my house? Or do I have to wait by my computer?

Draxal

Kinda grumbly that there are not going to be any new Fire Emblem IF amiibos with that releasing in Japan in the next two months.

Beckx

All Wave 4 pre-orders are going up at 3 EDT/12 PDT. I am going to double dip Best Buy and Amazon, plus all the retail exclusive BS ones.

Thanks. I'm not really clear on what is it which wave. ZSS and Ganondorf are wave 5? And yarn yoshi just totally separate around release of the game?

Edit: oh I see now from OP. So Palutena and Dark Pit are Wave 5 and won't be up today, ZSS/dorf are wave 6.

scrambles

Neo Member
I have everything except Villager Wii fit marth lucario rosalina gold mario

Really want to get villager and wii fit girl

Anyone looking for tradesies?

I just called my local Gamestop and according to the associate I spoke with, the wave going up today is in-store ordering only. I specifically asked him if they would be going up online as well and he said no. He said between last night and this morning he’s had about 20 phone calls for them. Not sure how true the store only part is but that’s what he said.

I’m not too hopeful about securing them today. I plan to call about an hour beforehand and see what the line looks like at the local store. If it’s 10-15 people long I’m not going to bother as I imagine if they are doing this nationwide then it will sell out before it’s my turn. Ten+ people ahead of me in line times five minutes per transaction, that’s pushing an hour and I don’t think stock will hold out that long.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I just called my local Gamestop and according to the associate I spoke with, the wave going up today is in-store ordering only. I specifically asked him if they would be going up online as well and he said no. He said between last night and this morning he’s had about 20 phone calls for them. Not sure how true the store only part is but that’s what he said.

I’m not too hopeful about securing them today. I plan to call about an hour beforehand and see what the line looks like at the local store. If it’s 10-15 people long I’m not going to bother as I imagine if they are doing this nationwide then it will sell out before it’s my turn. Ten+ people ahead of me in line times five minutes per transaction, that’s pushing an hour and I don’t think stock will hold out that long.

Yeah, those WIS orders take stupidly long.
GS in my area is popular, so I'm not going to bother and will try my luck online. Not going to waste my time in line.

Amazon.com has the wave 4 amiibo up, but still no pre orders

After sifting through endless questions which have all been answered multiple times already, it's probably best to start plastering these types of posts.

Everyone feeling free to start copy-pasting summarizations of what we currently know. It'll help bat down repetitive questions and get us to the actual OT6 much quicker!

doesn't make much sense for no online pre order as amazon has them listed but not live yet.

Gameboy415

My internet went out right at 2AM CST last night so I'm extremely relieved to hear I didn't miss any pre-orders yet, haha!

I've compiled all of the pending Amazon pre-order links (and Jigglypuff on Target.com) on the home page of amiibros.com.
You can keep it open in a new tab for easy reference in case they get lost in the thread when everything goes live. :)

Here's hoping we can all secure the new batch of amiibo without too much trouble! :D

RootCause

I just called my local Gamestop and according to the associate I spoke with, the wave going up today is in-store ordering only. I specifically asked him if they would be going up online as well and he said no. He said between last night and this morning he’s had about 20 phone calls for them. Not sure how true this is but that’s what he said.

Web store? Or regular in store.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
After sifting through endless questions which have all been answered multiple times already, it's probably best to start plastering these types of posts.

Everyone feeling free to start copy-pasting summarizations of what we currently know. It'll help bat down repetitive questions and get us to the actual OT6 much quicker!

But this is OT6! Best OT! ;)

The pre order button for Jigglypuff is red now on Target, but it gave an error

"There was a error processing the request. Kindly retry."

But this is OT6! Best OT! ;)

Well, maybe I'm alone in being a bit bothered with the complete skip in OT numbering. The last one skipped a number for the sake of thread title gold, I just didn't anticipate an actual missing thread number.

As long as it doesn't drive anyone insane in the future while searching for these threads, it doesn't matter anyway.

Posted on reddit. I like the sound of the bundle for all 6. Not sure if the "website later" thing is true though.

Just heard from a manager friend at Gamestop who just opened up shop for the day... at 3PM EST Pre-orders go live for Web-in-store ONLY and the website will go live later. There will be a bundle of all 6 amiibo for 77.94. (No discount, just easy ordering) LIMIT ONE SKU PER CUSTOMER, but it "looks like more of a warning than it does a system restriction" (Not sure what this means, any GS employees that can clarify?)
I'm a big proponent of calling for proof or crying speculation, so take this as you want.

Edit: Confirmed legit by /u/Dakftw [1] ... info came via email/memo. Everyone thank him for clarifying things!

Lunarian

Neo Member
How come Europe always gets the hook up from every gaming company and the US gets shafted? Why does NOA have to do this...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well, maybe I'm alone in being a bit bothered with the complete skip in OT numbering. The last one skipped a number for the sake of thread title gold, I just didn't anticipate an actual missing thread number.

As long as it doesn't drive anyone insane in the future while searching for these threads, it doesn't matter anyway.

It sums up amiibo pretty well, doesn't it? Don't worry, I'll always have OT links in each OT going forward. You did notice you can click stuff in the first post, right? ;)

Posted on reddit. I like the sound of the bundle for all 6. Not sure if the "website later" thing is true though.

Just heard from a manager friend at Gamestop who just opened up shop for the day... at 3PM EST Pre-orders go live for Web-in-store ONLY and the website will go live later. There will be a bundle of all 6 amiibo for 77.94. (No discount, just easy ordering) LIMIT ONE SKU PER CUSTOMER, but it "looks like more of a warning than it does a system restriction" (Not sure what this means, any GS employees that can clarify?)
I'm a big proponent of calling for proof or crying speculation, so take this as you want.

Edit: Confirmed legit by /u/Dakftw [1] ... info came via email/memo. Everyone thank him for clarifying things!

ugh no. come on 3pm is already cutting it close as i got class at like 3:20, don't let online pre orders be later :(

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

I just got a confirmation from a DM that this is true. Double confirmed

Web in store meaning online order for in store pickup?

-Horizon-

You know what, gonna #YOLO this round of amiibos and every upcoming one. Seems like exclusives are here to stay and preorders are still unclear as heck for other retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom