• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax

Banned
You know what, gonna #YOLO this round of amiibos and every upcoming one. Seems like exclusives are here to stay and preorders are still unclear as heck for other retailers.
What does that mean. You're going to you only live once Amiibo?

Animekatt

Posted on reddit. I like the sound of the bundle for all 6. Not sure if the "website later" thing is true though.

Just heard from a manager friend at Gamestop who just opened up shop for the day... at 3PM EST Pre-orders go live for Web-in-store ONLY and the website will go live later. There will be a bundle of all 6 amiibo for 77.94. (No discount, just easy ordering) LIMIT ONE SKU PER CUSTOMER, but it "looks like more of a warning than it does a system restriction" (Not sure what this means, any GS employees that can clarify?)
I'm a big proponent of calling for proof or crying speculation, so take this as you want.

Edit: Confirmed legit by /u/Dakftw [1] ... info came via email/memo. Everyone thank him for clarifying things!

I'm ok with that. I'll just try to get an extra Lucina and Robin from somewhere else.

-Horizon-

What does that mean. You're going to you only live once Amiibo?

lol nahhh

I mean that if I get it I get it, if not, screw it. I'm not gonna freak around with this crap process anymore of staying until ungodly hours refreshing a darn web page only to see it go up for 2 minutes and then disappear forever.

Wow a single sku'd bundle and a limit of one per customer? I think people should be able to secure these pretty easily then. As long as they go down today to place their orders, that is. I think Nintendo and retailers are both trying to crack down on scalpers.

You can get a two-year service plan on Jigglypuff for only $29.00 now. That wasn't there before!

Pretty exciting stuff.

Shauni

Posted on reddit. I like the sound of the bundle for all 6. Not sure if the "website later" thing is true though.

Just heard from a manager friend at Gamestop who just opened up shop for the day... at 3PM EST Pre-orders go live for Web-in-store ONLY and the website will go live later. There will be a bundle of all 6 amiibo for 77.94. (No discount, just easy ordering) LIMIT ONE SKU PER CUSTOMER, but it "looks like more of a warning than it does a system restriction" (Not sure what this means, any GS employees that can clarify?)
I'm a big proponent of calling for proof or crying speculation, so take this as you want.

Edit: Confirmed legit by /u/Dakftw [1] ... info came via email/memo. Everyone thank him for clarifying things!

Just to be clear, and maybe this is a stupid question to ask, but they're still selling them individually, right?

Ugh, I really hope the bundle SKU is available online. Work simply doesn't permit me to be present in-store to secure these preorders.

Just to be clear, and maybe this is a stupid question to ask, but they're still selling them individually, right?
Most likely. Seems like they're just going to have a listing for all 6 together to make it easier for those who are getting all of them.

ThatMattZ

Pre-order button went live on Target.com. Still isn't working but it's a start. It's also showing a limit of 2.

EDIT: To clarify the Pre-order Now button on Jigglypuff lets you click on it now. HOWEVER it still won't let you purchase them. If you put in a quantity of 2 it kicks out and says LIMIT 2

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I really hope the bundle SKU is available online. Work simply doesn't permit me to be present in-store to secure these preorders.
Yeah... I have a meeting that goes right up until 2. I'm hoping they're online at that time but if not I guess I'll head to the store.

zulux21

Pre-order button went live on Target.com. Still isn't working but it's a start. It's also showing a limit of 2.

yeah I got excited for a second.
as for a limit to that is great. It allows collectors to open one and have on sealed, plus it allows people to get free shipping.

Preorder for what exactly? Things are a little hectic and I'm not sure I have all my info right.

the second pink ball of fluff.... JIGGY PUFF!

Lunarian

Neo Member
Would you guys say WIS is more safe than ordering online? I'm afraid I'm going to get to gamestop and they say they aren't doing preorders and not get home in time to preorder online... :3 The one time where I'd like a smartphone...

-Horizon-

yeah I got excited for a second.
as for a limit to that is great. It allows collectors to open one and have on sealed, plus it allows people to get free shipping.

the second pink ball of fluff.... JIGGY PUFF!

ohhh its just jigglypuff then

thought it was an inkling amiibo or something >.>

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Would you guys say WIS is more safe than ordering online? I'm afraid I'm going to get to gamestop and they say they aren't doing preorders and not get home in time to preorder online... :3 The one time where I'd like a smartphone...

Call them and ask. Managers should have an email about this today

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Unless Gamestop online pre-orders go up tonight I will likely not get Ness this print. As long as Robin and Lucina are on Amazon at 3PM I should be safe.

Sillution

Woo, just got a jigglypuff preorder! Thanks for the alert guys!!! Just ordered 1 just to be safe incase they cancel if you ordered more then 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom