• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

So for the rest of the year I'm getting

-Mii Brawler
-Mii Swordfighter
-Mii Gunner
-Duck Hunt
-Mr. Game & Watch
-NES R.O.B.
-Famicom R.O.B.
-Falco
-Mewtwo
-Chibi-Robo
-Modern 8-bit Mario
-K.K. Slider

And maybe Classic 8-bit Mario and Tom Nook if I'm weak.

help me. Gonna need bigger shelves.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Are retailers simply not doing preorders for wave 5B?

It's probably going to be another "show up at the store" situation, with Amazon releasing in waves on release. It's only a few weeks away so yeah it's going to suck.

Still crossing my fingers that at least TRU will have a pre-order but I doubt it.

modern 8 bit mario amiibo walmart exclusive ??; WTF?

No-god-no-god-please-no-o.gif

WHY I started this amiibo thing?? I was doing fine until June 2015, when BB had a sale of 3 amiibos for 24 bucks (after GCU), now I have 90% of the smash line and mario bros line.

HELPPPPPP

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's probably going to be another "show up at the store" situation, with Amazon releasing in waves on release. It's only a few weeks away so yeah it's going to suck.

Still crossing my fingers that at least TRU will have a pre-order but I doubt it.

I believe GameStop has explicitly said they will not.

Man, this is so sad. Hopefully Best Buy and Target put them up for order online before the actual launch day.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
modern 8 bit mario amiibo walmart exclusive ??; WTF?

No-god-no-god-please-no-o.gif

WHY I started this amiibo thing?? I was doing fine until June 2015, when BB had a sale of 3 amiibos for 24 bucks (after GCU), now I have 90% of the smash line and mario bros line.

HELPPPPPP

0hyUJ7I.png

some more info:

"The picture released for Modern Mario was in a complete Wii U system bundle, I would really like to think they wouldn't limit it to THAT bundle. It also says "at launch" which could very well mean it's exclusive only to the bundle for a set amount of time. Here are a couple of posts from reddit about Green Yarn Yoshi that I find relevant:

"The article says nothing about exclusivity. It only mentions two facts. The first being that the Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo is available in the bundle, which is true. It also list the Blue Yarn Yoshi and Pink Yarn Yoshi as being sold separately, which is also true. An assumption is being made that the Green Yarn Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle. The press release does not confirm this, nor does it deny it. An additional sentence was really needed in that press release because articles like this are making people panic."

&

"The green Yarn Yoshi is in Target's system as its own item so I don't think it's only available through the bundle"

Edit: I was just promoted to member!!!! Now I can troll without being banned (just kidding)

8b0acecbfe1e28a7f37fc70d8aedb26c.gif

tumblr_nka9ypJy311rntf48o1_500.gif

That's a big ass yoshi
I must have the super duper ultra hyper godzilla Yoshi

I wanna take bets on the Mario amiibo game bundle being sold at NWS on its launch , it's coming

welp my wallet hates me this holiday looks like im having a Nintendo holiday!

Super mario maker
Yoshi woolly world
Fatal Frame 5
Star Fox Zero
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Devils Third
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Animal Crossing happy homy designer
Chibi Robo Zip Lash
Zelda Trifoce heroes
Pokemon Super mystery dungeon

3 yarn yoshi amiibo
mega yarn yoshi
Falco Amiibo
mewtwo amiibo
classic mario amiibo
8 animal crossing amiibo
how ever many packs it takes me to complete the AC cards

Boogiepop

Ugh, seriously? Full price for Amiibo Festival? That's... unfortunate. Sure hope there's a good bit more to that game then, otherwise I'm going to have a tough decision to make.

Murugo

NoA can't be trusted to do anything right, so I'll be importing K.K. instead. This influx of bundles is maddening for those who want just single characters.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Updated AGAIN because I care about you guys so much!

30hJ3hc.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED NINTENDO I HAVE TO DIG AROUND YOUR PRESS SITES FOR ACTUAL INFORMATION PLS HELP

Ignition365

Neo Member
With all of these shenanigans, retro mario and anything AC is gonna be a hard pass.

Plus... I just bought a house, so money is tight. If I hadn't already paid in full for most of the 2015 lineup, I'd be making a soft pass on those.

...The only way to get KK Slider is with a couple of fucking sheep?
Nintendo might be trying to say something with that.

Tomita

My fears have been realized: http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/08...u-s-on-november-13th-amiibo-3-pack-confirmed/

Guess I'll be importing the few AC amiibo that I want.

Not gonna believe until I see a 3-pack with North American packaging. That's clearly the European box the sites keep showing cause it has the names in various languages. The North American box should only have English/Spanish/French.

;____;

Seriously fuck this exclusivity shit it was bullshit with ROB and it's bullshit with KK. :|

Also, I miss Directs. Hope this is just a temporary thing. Still miss Iwata ):

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yep, Palutena amiibo is now staying sealed in case I can't get a hold of that AC 3-pack.

Shauni

What is this about KK Slider not being sold separately? In the thread in the main gaming board it said he was and even had a pic of his individual case?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Oh, it's worse than that. It's also only exclusive to a bundle that includes a Wii U and Mario Maker, meaning that if you want the amiibo, you have to buy another Wii U.

What. The. Hell.

So...

Green Yarn Yoshi is a bundle exclusive with Woolly World, a Mega Yarn Yoshi, Mewtwo and Falco in November, a whole set of Animal Crossing amiibo that look great BUT Isabelle and Digby are exclusive to the Amiibo Festival bundle while Cyrus, K.K., and Reese are only in a 3-pack. While I'm okay with that since I want all of them, I can see why some would be upset. Add all that to next month's wave and all I can say is...

tumblr_m5uh7bPwRG1qkk1x7o1_500.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So...

Green Yarn Yoshi is a bundle exclusive with Woolly World, a Mega Yarn Yoshi, Mewtwo and Falco in November, a whole set of Animal Crossing amiibo that look great BUT Isabelle and Digby are exclusive to the Amiibo Festival bundle while Cyrus, K.K., and Reese are only in a 3-pack. While I'm okay with that since I want all of them, I can see why some would be upset. Add all that to next month's wave and all I can say is...

tumblr_m5uh7bPwRG1qkk1x7o1_500.gif

XUbkeFR.jpg

Frogstep

Oh fuck right off, NoA. I was really looking forward to getting just KK. Why's he even in a 3 pack with 2 others he has nothing in common with?

Why is this happening. :(

The first post needs to just be a walkthrough/guide the likes of GameFAQs at this point. This is getting too complicated and stupid. Get on that, Diggeh!

ChrisD

TheGrue

Updated AGAIN because I care about you guys so much!

30hJ3hc.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED NINTENDO I HAVE TO DIG AROUND YOUR PRESS SITES FOR ACTUAL INFORMATION PLS HELP

Wait, so I have to get a physical copy of the game (I want it digitally) to get Isabella and Digby?

I guess same for Green Yoshi? And really for Chibi as well. Not liking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom