• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
Wait, the Isabelle amiibo is exclusive to the bundle? I was hoping to try get one for a friend, but I guess I'll pass. I'll just try to get the Zero Suit Samus and maybe the Falco amiibo for the rest of the year I guess. :x

Updated AGAIN because I care about you guys so much!

30hJ3hc.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED NINTENDO I HAVE TO DIG AROUND YOUR PRESS SITES FOR ACTUAL INFORMATION PLS HELP
Damnit I want Isabelle but not the shitty game.

WHY?
Guess I'll settle for a Nooking.

Wait, if Modern 8-bit Mario is exclusive to the Wii U bundle with Super Mario Maker in NA, what about Classic 8-bit Mario?

Except from an aesthetic standpoint, is there anything different about Classic? Specifically, is its unlockable different from what Modern unlocks?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The first post needs to just be a walkthrough/guide the likes of GameFAQs at this point. This is getting too complicated and stupid. Get on that, Diggeh!

I'll get to work on the ASCII art. :p

You poor soul. By tonight when they announce restocks for every character only available in multi-packs that are exclusive to certain console bundles, with varying bundles for each country, you're going to be ready to pass OT duty to someone else.

No this is my community I will never surrender NEVER

Come on, nobody besides me would actually put work into this insanity. Everyone else would've quit at Wave 4. ;)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how much bigger IS Mega Yarn Yoshi? He looks like a normal plush doll size, but damn, I sure ain't spending $40 on an amiibo when that money could go towards another game or a 3-pack.

Holding out for a Star Fox Zero/Falco amiibo bundle.

Sooooo glad I don't care for Animal Crossing.

PLEASE let Modern Color 8-Bit Mario just be a timed exclusive. Might have to resort to importing or buying it from a friend.

Tomita

Oh, it's worse than that. It's also only exclusive to a bundle that includes a Wii U and Mario Maker, meaning that if you want the amiibo, you have to buy another Wii U.

What.

I thought the bundle was just the game.

Nintendo, what the fuck did the US do to you D:

The next thread title needs a joke about importing because that's the only sane way to buy amiibo here now.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What.

I thought the bundle was just the game.

Nintendo, what the fuck did the US do to you D:

The next thread title needs a joke about importing because that's the only sane way to buy amiibo here now.

It's unconfirmed but I doubt Modern Mario will be Wii U bundle exclusive. Nobody would win.

Maybe you guys should stop slacking and post more! We've been on this OT for three months now! Step it up!
;)

KingBroly

Banned
Oh, it's worse than that. It's also only exclusive to a bundle that includes a Wii U and Mario Maker, meaning that if you want the amiibo, you have to buy another Wii U.

Well they haven't updated the boxart, so I imagine it's going to be timed exclusive to the console bundle with other being exclusive as a standalone as well.

Also note. The Green Yarn Yoshi DOES have a DPCI number at Target, meaning it will be sold separately.

Drago

Oh wait K.K. is 3 pack exclusive in NA? Damn...

I suppose I'll have to try and import him, didn't think I'd have to but I thought wrong!

Drago

I like Reese and Cyrus but I don't really feel at all compelled to buy amiibo for them. I'm not getting HHD or Amiibo Festival so the main uses for these figures are kinda lost on me. I just want a little K.K. figure (and maybe Tom Nook, who's thankfully standalone) to put next to my Villager. :(

Drago

My idea for a Pokemon line is random card packs, much like Animal Crossing, and the Pokemon cards you get in that pack can be scanned in to Pokemon Z or whatever and give you that Pokemon for use in-game. To me that's the best compromise of not locking content behind amiibo (unless they have exclusive moves) while still giving you substantial content. I would buy a few packs if they worked like that, despite me being really ambivalent to amiibo cards as they are now. Pokemon just lends itself really well to the concept.

Only downside would be using the cards as an excuse to not put as many obtainable Pokemon in the game and lock a bunch more than usual behind cards/trades, hopefully they wouldn't do anything like that. As much as I disliked XY, the huge amount of Pokemon to catch was great.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
My idea for a Pokemon line is random card packs, much like Animal Crossing, and the Pokemon cards you get in that pack can be scanned in to Pokemon Z or whatever and give you that Pokemon for use in-game. To me that's the best compromise of not locking content behind amiibo (unless they have exclusive moves) while still giving you substantial content. I would buy a few packs if they worked like that, despite me being really ambivalent to amiibo cards as they are now. Pokemon just lends itself really well to the concept.

Only downside would be using the cards as an excuse to not put as many obtainable Pokemon in the game and lock a bunch more than usual behind cards/trades, hopefully they wouldn't do anything like that. As much as I disliked XY, the huge amount of Pokemon to catch was great.

But I want a physical gardevoir/gengar/weaville to have on display. It's a hard sell when they already have the pokemon tcg too. Gimme the Gengar!

Thanks! Though I'm slowly being driven mad that the only Mii Fighters pack I have to work with is either an outdated fan mockup or the official 162x128 image for ants.

30OOPLU.png
Anytime! Don't let that worry you though, Best OT is still Best OT. You da man!

RAWR?! Not that I don't want occasional bundles, but why did they gotta go and pack K. K. Slider with a pair of cartoony-lookin' yaks??

Yaks? I thought they were llamas?
FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, THEY ARE ALPACAS!

:p

Drago

But I want a physical gardevoir/gengar/weaville to have on display. It's a hard sell when they already have the pokemon tcg too. Gimme the Gengar!
They could definitely do what Animal Crossing did and have cards for the handheld game (Z or whatever it's called) and figures for the console game (Pokken).

I'd get a Weavile amiibo, too.

kirby_fox

Banned
Pikachu Libre would get an amiibo...we'd also have more Pikachu, Lucario and Charizard amiibos.

With the kind of detail they're doing for this game, I'm expecting cards only.

Tomita

Youkai Watch, I think, would be a better contender than Pokemon, because don't you scan for youkai with your watch? So you scan the card and you can pretend you're youkai-hunting in your own house.
And then feel pathetic because you're pretending to ghost hunt Japanese spirits in your house.

Not that I'm discounting Pokemon, cause the sheer number of Pokemon makes that very likely.

Honestly...I'm wondering when Nintendo's gonna give up on this idea and move on from it. "Yeah, the amiibo/card thing was cute for one gen, but let's just scrap it for the NX." Like, I really want this whole idea to work cause, if people could actually BUY SHIT, it'd be really cool. And if it did more to your game besides unlock costumes on Mario Kart. But, you know, Nintendo hates money, so why bother investing in something that makes you more money. :B

Part of me hates this entire amiibo thing if you lack the ability to walk into any store selling them and find the character you want. I got into Nintendo as a kid, like I'm sure most people here did, and I would have loved to find my favorite character sitting on a shelf right there. Now obviously you can't have the shelves filled with every character 24/7, but when a normal kid can't get the character they want (no way would my parents put up with this shopping bullshit, and they were crazy enough to buy Beanie Babies for me, lol), the entire idea sucks. The market shouldn't cater 100% to collectors because Nintendo should be for everyone. ):

And I'm still butthurt about KK Slider amiibo, boo.

backlot

Pikachu Libre would get an amiibo...we'd also have more Pikachu, Lucario and Charizard amiibos.

With the kind of detail they're doing for this game, I'm expecting cards only.

Would they really do cards if there are only a dozen or so fighters? The AC cards work because they can 100 of them and sell them in blind packs. I feel like with Pokken figures would be bigger money makers. Also I want figures more.

Velcro Fly

I'd love cards and figures for pokemon

Even if it was just pokken getting figures and then releasing pokemon card amiibo series later on

Not sure what they could do for pokemon functionality though

I feel like scan it and get the pokemon would be completely broken.

I'd love for it to be like a Safari Zone where you can scan amiibo and it would appear to be caught in the safari zone. That would be cool to me. And for legendary pokemon have it appear in some cave or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom