• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung Epic 4G™ a Galaxy S™ phone.

I've been offered a free Samsung Galaxy Note by my father who has a spare. I'm currently running a three year old iPhone 3GS on a sim-only contract (which is the same provider as the Note is activated for). It's a nice sleek phone, and I really dig Android after looking at the same OS for so long - but does anyone here use it and find it practical? Is it suitable for pockets even?

take it.

SimleuqiR

Samsung Epic 4G™ a Galaxy S™ phone.

take it.

25304784.jpg

kehs

Banned
Two thirds of those posts are legitimate shilling for padfone and googletv.

If you guys don't mind, can you fill out the main android device(s) you use? Just want to get a sense what the HERO of the AndroidGAF use as daily driver.

EVERYONE ON THIS LIST IS WINNA!
Code:
==============================================
User Name       Posts     Android 
Copernicus      1,499     Google TV / Nexus S / N7
Faceless Master   885
gcubed            875
tino              606     Galaxy Note, HD2
Circle T          341
SimleuqiR         338
Ashhong           335
DrFunk            331
rozay             330
Greyface          278
Divvy             253
Andrex            252
Unknown Soldier   247
Brettison         245
Bboy AJ           238
kinggroin         208
Pctx              207
Jtwo              205

Unbeknownst to me, I appear to be a Google whore. I've also had all the Nexus devices at one point except the Nexus Q, plus a Transformer at my shop.

gcubed

2 x Worst Galaxy Nexus in the family and at some point a N7, had a Nexus 1, and a Nexus S and wife had an Atrix, to which i vowed to never stray from Nexus again

reKon

Banned
I'm afraid that the next Nexus is going to be so awesome and that it won't be on Verizon.
I'll have to jump ship to AT&T I guess and I'll probably buy it unlocked from the Google store...

I'll be in Chicago by the time that the new nexus is out. How is there coverage over there?

EDIT: After 5 mins of research it looks like T-mobile is the way to go in Chicago! Lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
lgevent2.jpg

what could it beeeee.....?

Optimus G.

Unsure if serious question so I answered as if it was.

The Optimus certainly looks nice aesthetically but I haven't had very good luck with LG phones in the past. Granted those experiences with LG were all in the flip phone era but it turned me off from the brand.

ep85

The Optimus certainly looks nice aesthetically but I haven't had very good luck with LG phones in the past. Granted those experiences with LG were all in the flip phone era but it turned me off from the brand.

LG used to have the ugliest, most non-intuitive skin for android. It now looks mostly stock, with one of the coolest lock screens.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LG used to have the ugliest, most non-intuitive skin for android. It now looks mostly stock, with one of the coolest lock screens.

I have zero exposure to LG smart phones. One day I'll mess around with one in a store.

kehs

Banned
LLShC.gif

I actually haven't been banned for any significant period of time, it's just that my absence always feels eternal.

aren't you glad you're on paradoxical_utopia's ignore list? he would've gone HAM on you if he knew the true extent of your android shilling

I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoy his posts.

tino

Banned
Update. Just write your phone next to your name

Code:
============================================
Faceless Master   885     Epic 4G
gcubed            875     GNexus
tino              606     Note, HD2
Circle T          341
SimleuqiR         338     GNexus, Transformer
Ashhong           335
DrFunk            331     S3, Note, Xperia S
rozay             330
Greyface          278
Divvy             253
Andrex            252
Unknown Soldier   247
Brettison         245     One X,
Bboy AJ           238
kinggroin         208
Pctx              207
Jtwo              205

So far Samsung 7 Asus 2 HTC 2 Sony 1

kinggroin

Banned
If you guys don't mind, can you fill out the main android device(s) you use? Just want to get a sense what the HERO of the AndroidGAF use as daily driver.

EVERYONE ON THIS LIST IS WINNA!
Code:
==============================================
Copernicus      1,499
Faceless Master   885
gcubed            875
tino              606     Galaxy Note, HD2
Circle T          341
SimleuqiR         338
Ashhong           335
DrFunk            331
rozay             330
Greyface          278
Divvy             253
Andrex            252
Unknown Soldier   247
Brettison         245
Bboy AJ           238
kinggroin         208
Pctx              207
Jtwo              205

Galaxy Nexus vzw

F#A#Oo

Banned
So I have a Q...cloud services for android and syncing ala iOS...what's on offer on the android side of things?

solarus

I've been offered a free Samsung Galaxy Note by my father who has a spare. I'm currently running a three year old iPhone 3GS on a sim-only contract (which is the same provider as the Note is activated for). It's a nice sleek phone, and I really dig Android after looking at the same OS for so long - but does anyone here use it and find it practical? Is it suitable for pockets even?

That's kind of how I was given a Note too. You should take it, although it does look a bit ridiculous when phoning and it can be uncomfortable in your pocket, or it may not even fit. Great phone though, the screen is fantastic.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
I am currently using a Galaxy Nexus and wife is using a Mytouch 4G. She needs a new phone and looking at either a One S or One X for her. We are using T-Mobile. Any other recommendations? Oh and I have a question about the Google TV/Vizio box, can that be used without a cable box? Can I just plug into my tv like I do my Roku?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am currently using a Galaxy Nexus and wife is using a Mytouch 4G. She needs a new phone and looking at either a One S or One X for her. We are using T-Mobile. Any other recommendations? Oh and I have a question about the Google TV/Vizio box, can that be used without a cable box? Can I just plug into my tv like I do my Roku?

One S was free on contract renewal. Not sure if that deal is still going.

kehs

Banned

Pretty sure you can do that. Though the media management options are a little lacking. The built in app doesn't play many formats. I ended up buying MyGTVBox(I think that's the one) which plays alot of stuff, but the interface is horrible.

Henke

That's kind of how I was given a Note too. You should take it, although it does look a bit ridiculous when phoning and it can be uncomfortable in your pocket, or it may not even fit. Great phone though, the screen is fantastic.

Do you recommend any covers for it at all?

gcubed

probably the cheapest off contract phone you are going to find thats still good is going to be the GNex

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have a new favorite question to ask Google Now. Searching for "Bacon number <actor name>" gives you... well, that actor's Bacon number. So far, the only person I've found with a number higher than two is Wilt Chamberlain.

Screenshot_2012-09-13-15-02-31.png

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Hey guys, need some advice! The girlfriend is getting an android phone of her choice, she just doesn't know what to get.

Any advice for someone moving over from an iPhone, and would be a mild-heavy user?

We live in Canada! She likes my gnexus, but wants to explore other options, any suggestions?

Edit: ideally a jb phone! She's been eyeing the galaxy s3 the one s and that razr maxx

kinggroin

Banned
Hey guys, need some advice! The girlfriend is getting an android phone of her choice, she just doesn't know what to get.

Any advice for someone moving over from an iPhone, and would be a mild-heavy user?

We live in Canada! She likes my gnexus, but wants to explore other options, any suggestions?

Edit: ideally a jb phone! She's been eyeing the galaxy s3 the one s and that razr maxx

edit:
Jellybean?

Galaxy Nexus GSM, GS3 international, Verizon Razr HD mini

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Not many to choose from

S3, or G. Note II, or G. Nexus.

What carrier is she with?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's cool, but outside of the stylus stuff it's not doing anymore more than the other Galaxy on JB. Question to people is how much is the stylus just s cool gimmick?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's cool, but outside of the stylus stuff it's not doing anymore more than the other Galaxy on JB. Question to people is how much is the stylus just s cool gimmick?

I barely use it. But the screen is awesome.

Oh, and, checking into the OT2.

Blackhead

Redarse
Update. Just write your phone next to your name

Code:
Circle T          341
Ashhong           335
rozay             330
Greyface          278     Xperia Ray, [s]Galaxy Note[/s]
Divvy             253
Andrex            252
Unknown Soldier   247
Bboy AJ           238
kinggroin         208
Pctx              207
Jtwo              205

So far Samsung 7 Asus 2 HTC 2 Sony 1

tino

Banned
Update: I took the liberty and harrased the other guys with PM and got most of them replied. Thanks. Unfortunately we have lose Jtwo to Apple and potentially Greyface too. :(

Code:
Circle T          341     GNexus, S3
Ashhong           335     S2
rozay             330
Greyface          278     Xperia Ray (iPhone 5 soon)
Divvy             253     GNexus, N7
Andrex            252     GNexus, N7
Unknown Soldier   247     Banned
Bboy AJ           238     Note (Int.)
kinggroin         208     GNexus
Pctx              207     S2 (Skyrocket)
Jtwo              205     iPhone (had a Droid)

Samsung 15 Asus 4 HTC 2 Sony 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom