• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikaan

I pity those waiting for the game to be delivered! Been there bro. Luckily I'm getting this for free in the So Many Games thing, download for the win.

Do you trust your SD card with your save, Master.

Well do ya?

(I've been scared into picking up a physical)

Tobor

Why is the perspective when you're outside so bad! I hate it so much. Why don't they go back to the original perspective?

Proven

Eh... I'm still on the fence. Will probably go digital but I can't help but feel I won't be playing for more than a month. I'll find something that bugs me and that'll be the beginning of the end.

Gonna quote myself cause my question got completely eclipsed by the OP.

Well, let's see. Are you gonna be downloading a lot of full size games? If so, I'd say a nice 16 GB to 32 GB SDHC card will do. If ACNL is gonna be your only digital game purchase, then i'd recommend an 8 GB SDHC card. That should have sufficient space for the game and any other things you may want to put on it.

daxy

I wanna upgrade my SD card, does anyone have any good recommendations? (relevant cause I am getting the digital version of AC)

I've got a 32gb Sandisk Ultra SDHC class 10 card. It's fast, reliable (water proof!) and you should be able to find it in the $20-25 range.

I've got another class 10 card and it's noticably slower than this (sandisk) one, even though it probably shouldn't be. Just be sure to get a fast card from a known manufacturer. Slower cards can affect performance. For example, in MonHun the save times took up to a minute on that slow card of mine whereas on my new one (and the pack-in card) it was a matter of seconds.

SmithnCo

I actually received an achievement (accomplishment/whatever Nintendo's equivalent is) for getting the same piece, three times in a row via coins... Given the large number of pieces I am missing, frankly, it was ridiculous.

Haha, I got that one once too. I was fairly baffled.

Tobor

Is it really such a big deal man?

Yeah, it is. I hated it in the DS game, and I figured they would fix it by now. It's claustrophobic, and there's no good reason for it. I was going to break down and finally buy a 3DS XL even though the colors still suck, but this view is a dealbreaker.

SmithnCo

Really? How? I thought there was something built into the 3DS preventing it.

There's a code system in place where the backup saves work with the 3DS that made them, so you can actually back them up to a PC.

The problem with AC though, is that it seems to generate a new code every time you play, so you'd have to backup every time you play. It sounds frustrating, unless someone manages to crack it somehow.

If there was a cloud app on 3DS for data it would be easy though... C'mon Nintendo.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Does this version have real holidays?

Unlike the last portable version of Animal Crossing, this version offers all of the real holidays from the Gamecube plus many more. In fact, the gameplay of many of the holidays have been revamped to offer a new experience if you played them before.

Awesome, Nintendo finally brought back real holidays... hopefully I can get it at launch :).

Yeah, it is. I hated it in the DS game, and I figured they would fix it by now. It's claustrophobic, and there's no good reason for it. I was going to break down and finally buy a 3DS XL even though the colors still suck, but this view is a dealbreaker.
Be less sensitive I guess. It would be the same game regardless of perspective.

darklin0

Banned
Well, let's see. Are you gonna be downloading a lot of full size games? If so, I'd say a nice 16 GB to 32 GB SDHC card will do. If ACNL is gonna be your only digital game purchase, then i'd recommend an 8 GB SDHC card. That should have sufficient space for the game and any other things you may want to put on it.
I am probably buy a lot more digitally, so I may go for the 32gb. Thanks for the info.

I've got a 32gb Sandisk Ultra SDHC class 10 card. It's fast, reliable (water proof!) and you should be able to find it in the $20-25 range.
Made a quick Google search for it and it is relatively cheap, the deal is sealed. Thanks.

Animekatt

I actually received an achievement (accomplishment/whatever Nintendo's equivalent is) for getting the same piece, three times in a row via coins... Given the large number of pieces I am missing, frankly, it was ridiculous.

Heehee I got that achievement too. Nintendo can be sadistic with find my mii as well. Been stuck trying to get past this mummy monster that casts curse.

zroid

Banned
must resist buying a 3ds...i want AC so bad :(

Don't resist!

SUCCUMB :D

Yeah, someone in the last thread killed this idea. Apparently it can't be done?

Because if it can, I'm going digital.

Yeah, just copy the contents of the SD card to your PC and it's backed up. The data is backed up in case your SD card goes haywire, but it won't insure you if your 3DS were to break/lost, unless Nintendo is able to fix it without sending you a new system.

Sats

Banned
I originally put X as my town rating, but I figured that meant ONLY adult content, so I went back to R.

Proven

The rolling landscape... Eh... It bothered me at first in WW, but I got over myself. It's different, but there are pros and cons to the change, not just cons, so I adapted. And since WW was the highest selling Animal Crossing (someone correct me on this), it seems that enough people do like it.

I just don't want the world to feel small. I prefer there to be some proportion to it. My town isn't the only town on the planet, you know?

cacildo

I live in brasil, so digital is the only way for me (dont even know if nintendo is releasing the game here. Probably not)

But that means.... for the first time in my life ill play a game "day one", like everybody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom