• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to have Platinumed all Souls games?

itisdone6os8q.png

I've platinumed DeS and DS2 vanilla twice each and DS1 at least twice, possible 3 times. Why? I wanted everything on the same PSN account so it all looked neat(!) - had to do some twice because I had a different PS4 PSN account.

I am generally not interested in trophies and have only done it with all Souls games as a way of extended play and for personal challenge. Actually had it in my mind to platinum all the Souls games again in 2017 but so far I haven't found the energy to do so.

DeS is by far the quickest to do in my experience, followed by DS1. Oh and I did these all offline/solo.

Congrats to OP and everyone else who is obsessed/crazy enough to do so too!

sublimit

Banned
Congrats to those who earned them but personally i have much better things to do with my life than grinding for hours hoping to get that special drop.I think i usually complete the Souls/Borne trophies around 60-80%.

I platinumed Bloodborne because those trophies were fun (or worth it for items and what not).

Fucked if I'm spending so much time trying to platinum the Souls games with all their bollocks.

KentBlake

I played and finished them all, including DLCs. Played twice through Dark Souls 1.

Only platinum was for Bloodborne. The others were way too time consuming.

Ashler

Yup, got them all, in release order. Dat pure bladestone though...!
Next OP, we should brag about our Souls games collection list :p

Edit: I just noticed that I have more play time of Dark Souls 1 than you on all of your souls game time. Dark Souls 1 PvP was great! :)

lawtowler

If I had all Souls platinums I'd be bragging too. I do have the Bloodborne platinum, it was the first FROM game I'd ever played. Have since finished DS3 but have no urge to platinum.

Nah, just Dark Souls 1 and 2, I'm part of the way through doing Scholar and Dark Souls 3. I only just got a PS4 recently and I'm near the end of my 1st playthrough of Bloodborne.
I need to buy a PS3 again before I can play Demon's Souls.

I will one day though, maybe

I've played all the Soulsborne games multiple times since Demon's Souls, with hundreds of hours in each. Platting them means shit, except there was probably grinding for trophies as a goal.

Not knocking anyone who does that. I'd rather just play through the game continuously, enjoying different builds, helping friends, learning more lore, etc with my goal to beat the game and have fun. Then I'll take a break to enjoy life or other games. Soon enough though, I jump back to Souls with a new release or when I get that itch, and get hooked all over again.

aravuus

I don't think I've ever actually even looked at the achievements of Souls games despite finishing most of them multiple times or at least putting dozens of hours into them. Maybe I'll check my percentages when I get home.

fvng

I have demon souls and bloodborne plat from this series... kinda shooting for DS3 but depends on how much is left near the end

Bloodborne far and away the easiest souls Plat

Xliskin

I've platinumed Dark Souls 1 , Dark souls 2 and Bloodborne , only Dark Souls 1 felt really good , the other two was tedious

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the only platinum i have is for the walking dead season 1. don't care for them. it adds nothing to the game for me. if i get it then cool but i'm not going out of my way for something pointless.

NEO0MJ

Congrats to those who earned them but personally i have much better things to do with my life than grinding for hours hoping to get that special drop.I think i usually complete the Souls/Borne trophies around 60-80%.

For me they actually happened unintentionally, as I didn't have to go out of my way to earn them at all because most things were easy enough to collect. But that was only with DaS 1&2.

Gbraga

Not really. Only got the ones for Bloodborne and Dark Souls III, and I regret getting it for Dark Souls III, for the exact reason I never bothered to platinum the other ones.

Why would I buy shit I don't want to use? Bloodborne's platinum came naturally, by enjoying the game, and I continued to play it for many many more hours after the platinum. I have hundreds of hours of Dark Souls 1, but no platinum and no interest in getting it. I just don't care about magic.

Ashler

Why would I buy shit I don't want to use? Bloodborne's platinum came naturally, by enjoying the game, and I continued to play it for many many more hours after the platinum. I have hundreds of hours of Dark Souls 1, but no platinum and no interest in getting it. I just don't care about magic.

... but what's that silver coin doing behind your ear?!

A-HA!!

7 plats for Demon's (all on different accounts and 3 plats on my main).

Not a single one for the other ones, despite having played them all for about 1k hours each. I simply don't prioritize the achievements, I'm too busy having fun my own way.

Uh.... wat!? I don't think I've ever dedicated 1k hours to a single game, let alone several. How do you get all that time? :p

On topic: Nope. I haven't played any of them. I only own Bloodborne which I'll get around to soon enough I suppose. If I like it enough, I'll look at the trophy list and see what I want to get. But not because I'm trying to enter any "How big is your gaming dick?" competitions of any sort (aka: I don't give a shit about "gamer cred.")

Not to take anything away from you, OP, or others like you. Congrats on your accomplishments! :)

I have Platinums in:

- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne

I played Dark Souls on 360, so I have 1000/1000 but no Platinum. :(

Only have a few hours played on Demon's Souls, so nowhere even close and I do not have a PS3 anymore.

Bring all the Souls games to PSNow!!!

Kraq

I have the Platinum for Demon's, Dark Souls 1 and 2 and Bloodborne.

I'm waiting on the DS3 GotY edition to get its Plat.

watdaeff4

Doing pointless shit developers want you to in order to get a pointless trophy?

Nah, I'm good.

That's how I feel too, though I did platinum Bloodborne as IMO, all of it's trophies were doing relevant, enjoyable "tasks" in the game.

IMO, not even the Dark Souls games can say that.

Mman235

Due to different versions and imports (in Demon's Souls case) I have two for every game except Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. DS3 is the only one I haven't got them all yet, and that's namely because I'm waiting on all the DLC first before I do that.

laxu

That's how I feel too, though I did platinum Bloodborne as IMO, all of it's trophies were doing relevant, enjoyable "tasks" in the game.

IMO, not even the Dark Souls games can say that.

That's the only one I have platinumed, though I did save scum some of the endings but I have actually played thru the game three times (two NG characters and one NG+, including DLC on all).

Collecting NG+3 rings and those covenant items in DS3? Hell no. Way too many trophies are based on doing some standard thing far too many times.

I have platinums from DS2 vanilla, DS3 and BB.

Demons and DS1 platinums are stupid. Pure bladestone for the first and wasting materials on dumb enhancements like magic and lightning.

Of course I'm one to whine about stupidity after grinding for 30 ears and swordgrass.

What makes you think that people who get trophies wouldn't play games the exact same way even when there wasn't trophies?

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 are only ones that are really grindy from what I remember. Dark Souls 1 has some grind but I remember it not being really that bad since the droprates are okay and you only need couple of items that way.
When there are games with trophies that require a task so specific and so tedious (beat every single mini game, get a perfect score on y, do x while naked and jumping up and down while Y happens) then yes I don't think most people who are now obsessed with platinum trophies would realistically do some of these activities if the system wasn't in place.

Things like getting every single collectable? Maybe a select few might do that, but with the system in place there are more folks now. I'm not going to say it is 100% certain. Only proof we'll likely have is if a game released on Nintendo consoles alongside Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo players weren't doing what folks on consoles with achievements are.

Juxo

Got the plat for Demon's when it first came out, and also for BB. Have ~80% of the trophies for the others but have no real intention of going back to get the ones I'm missing. 12 plats in total, though I only really go for them if I enjoy the game enough / they aren't a complete pain in the arse to get.

Yup, got them all, in release order. Dat pure bladestone though...!
Next OP, we should brag about our Souls games collection list :p

Edit: I just noticed that I have more play time of Dark Souls 1 than you on all of your souls game time. Dark Souls 1 PvP was great! :)

Heh, that's crazy! Good MP games generally inflate the game time expotentially so have no regrets! :)

I just browsed my old notes for DS3 Platinum and (besides the ear farming) it had some stupid shit like:
Code:
DARK SOULS 3 NG+ - LORD OF HOLLOWS ENDING (most fucked up)
----------------------------------------------------------

SIEGMEYER QUEST (!!!)

DO NOT BUY TOWER KEY YET 4 PATCHES QUEST

DO NOT TALK TO ROSARIA IN CATHEDRAL (!!!)

BEFORE ABYSS WATCHERS SUMMON 3 NPCS (!!!)

CATHEDRAL BEFORE ABYSS WATCHERS (!!!)

WATCH OUT FOR IRINA AND BRAILLE TOMES - MAKE UP DECISION LATER ON (!!!)

Very easy to make a mistake by talking to someone in a wrong order to fuck you up (on NG++ no less).

Just a small update:

6-03-2017_1-36-42_amtvld0.png

I am 100% done with all Soulsborne content having beaten DS3 DLC#1 tonight.

Bring it on, DLC#2! Or better yet: Bloodborne 2 @ E3 2017!!!

Top Bottom